PDA

View Full Version : marauderman and fastblackmerc meet

Marauderman
10-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Well, who would have thought --you hear it all the time-- the old phrase--needle in a hay stack----well, as it so happened, thats about what it turned out to be --goes to show that it truely is a small country sometimes.

Seems last week me and fastblackmerc(Jim) were exchanging PM's on parts stuff and I told him if ever up my way , hollor up and maybe we can connect-- and he mentioned he may be in my neck of the woods this week--so he PM's me the morning he is in my city and says -let try and meet for lunch etc..and OBTW, I'm at such and such place of business ---WOW--That place just happens to be where I work as well--neither knew --so I return a pm tell him to hang on to his hat---.cause we are at the same place , in the same city at the same building almost --could have been anywhere in this metro area of about a million--can you believe it!!!

IN anyevent, we meet for lunch on Wed and talk over MM stuff--was great once again putting a face with a name--
Had lunch once again on Thursday and fastblackmerc( Jim) got to drive # 7.
I think new mods are in the near future after seeing that famous grin bounce off the windows again....I too got to drive Jim's new '04 and his is definiately ready for a stage one upgrade--a great car ....

Well , we have a new member ,however he(jim ) travels alot and admits it will be difficult to make meets but would love to when we are near Cary/Raleigh area...

Anyway--nice meeting you Jim and OBTW , Jim will be back all of next week in Charlotte area , so anyone wants to meet for lunch with Jim beside me? Would be nice if a few of you could swing it--maybe we meet near you or something...think it over guys--Be nice to have a mini meet ......whata say???......Tom and again welcome to our town Jim..!!!!!!

fastblackmerc
10-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Well.... meeting marauderman and driving #7, thanks marauderman!!, convinced me to move ahead with the stage 1 mods. Just bought Steeda underdrive's, will be contacting Reinhart to purchase an SCT9100 & will be installing the 180 stat this Saturday (already installed the TRx plugs a week ago). 4.10 gears will be my Christmas present to myself.....

I can't believe the kick in the a** you get when driving a supercharged Marauder eventhough marauderman said it needed new plugs! Looks like sometime next year I'll be supercharging my '04. To save some bucks I'll most likely be installing it myself.

Was really nice to put a face with the name. Like marauderman said I'll be back in Charlotte next week so if anyone else wants to meet for lunch or dinner :beer: let me or marauderman know.

Jim.

:banana2:

Marauderman
10-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Ok guys--you heard Jim-- He'll be here most all next week--

So Don --the race is over next week, --no excuse--and Dave--get one to get away for awhile-- maybe meet over at frdwrnch's place late in the PM--Jim wants to meet Russel anyway--a nice quick mini-meet next door for a quick gathering to meet another new member----well...Tom

Marauderman
10-19-2004, 03:57 AM
Ok guys--you heard Jim-- He'll be here most all next week--

So Don --the race is over next week, --no excuse--and Dave--get one to get away for awhile-- maybe meet over at frdwrnch's place late in the PM--Jim wants to meet Russel anyway--a nice quick mini-meet next door for a quick gathering to meet another new member----well...Tom
...........hey guys..I'm stopping off at frdwrnch's place after work 3-3:30 Pm Thurs. ...anyone want to stop by also----am getting some work done --we can talk "stuff".....like Carlin says....Tom

Marauderman
10-19-2004, 11:25 AM
...........hey guys..I'm stopping off at frdwrnch's place after work 3-3:30 Pm Thurs. ...anyone want to stop by also----am getting some work done --we can talk "stuff".....like Carlin says....Tom
........Hey Don...does your Silver MM need any attention--good time to meet Jim--he is gonna be there with me--tagging from work over there.....Tom

dok
10-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Just had work completed a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to play Thursday by ear. I'm commited to going out to dinner that night. If I have time, I'll try to stop by.