PDA

View Full Version : Alternate???

Al Goguen
10-14-2004, 12:56 PM
I was hoping the club could agree that it would be benificual for all if
we could alternate the meeting from coast to coast. At least try to
get this meet in the middle of Florida so all Florida member could attend.

The only other choice I can think of is to start a West coast chapter
and have meets on the West coast somewhere again towards the middle
so its equally fair for traveling distances.

I know I am a new guy here, but I do enjoy gatherings of Car nuts like
myself and talking and looking over each others pride and joys.

Comment? Suggestion? FLAME ON.......:beer:

SouLRioT
10-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Al, I'm not opposed to it, someone over there needs to pick a place out. I was hopping that next months would be over there.

Cobra25
10-14-2004, 04:38 PM
A meet on the west coast has be talked about a number of times. Like SoulRiot said some one over their need's to pick a place ,maybe in the Naples or Fort Myers area. Alternating meet's between west & east coast Has never been a problem. We are united as a group and we have become good friends with each other. Al why don't you give Carfixer ,Bootlegger or Tallboy a call or pm and see what you can do. I know carfixer had some really good idea's.

Marauderman
10-14-2004, 04:49 PM
A meet on the west coast has be talked about a number of times. Like SoulRiot said some one over their need's to pick a place ,maybe in the Naples or Fort Myers area. Alternating meet's between west & east coast Has never been a problem. We are united as a group and we have become good friends with each other. Al why don't you give Carfixer ,Bootlegger or Tallboy a call or pm and see what you can do. I know carfixer had some really good idea's.
........you guys are alot like us...about as long as we are wide---comparing our states--we have the same problem....500 miles wide does make it a weee bit difficult with us --so we try to have a traveling show, meet at various places in the state when we can----your ideas sound great.........Tom

Tallboy
10-14-2004, 05:21 PM
a meet in naples or fort myers would be a great idea. it's not too far for the east coast guys, and all us west coasters could just cruise down I-75. we've just got to find a spot to meet. i'll talk to carfixer this weekend and see if we can come up with something.

LVMarauder
10-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Santa Barbara California. Very pretty, lots of nice muscle cars, GREAT weather, friendly people. maybe we should make this a cali only thing siince the east coasters wont want to drive 3k miles.

Bootlegger
10-14-2004, 05:43 PM
a meet in naples or fort myers would be a great idea. it's not too far for the east coast guys, and all us west coasters could just cruise down I-75. we've just got to find a spot to meet. i'll talk to carfixer this weekend and see if we can come up with something.
Sounds good, let me know how I can help. Claude and I have talked alot about this, i think the biggest problem is finding the right spot...

Al Goguen
10-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Okay I am glad there was good reception for the idea, seeing how I am
a new comer to the Florida scene I will help anyway I can. I would
agree Fort Myers is a good place and that someone from that area
would be better suited to find a location. I would sugguest a
Wal-mart parking lot as they don't seem to object to RV's over
nighting in thier parking lots and they usally have a lot of open
space.

To tell ya the truth I was concerned that my idea would get flamed,
I am very surprised that it didn't and extremely happy. Thanks all.
:beer: