PDA

View Full Version : Damn,It`s not fair

Hack Goby
10-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Well the chip and gear are in but for the first time in six weeks its fargon raining and I mean all day.What I did though was drive it around town nice and easy stoped at pep Boys and picked up a Fram "Air hog" and then stop and put a half a tank of 94 octane for Ubly tomorrow.I opt. for the standard "Marauder " chip and not the one with the race option only because my Marauder will only be going to the strip once an a while and if I change my mind Lidio`s shop is only five miles away.The weather is going to suck tomorrow so we don`t know if this is going to happen but a few of us guys are thinking of going to Lapeer next week with FiveO.

CRUZTAKER
10-15-2004, 04:07 PM
I hear ya. When I had mine done it rained like hell right before they finished and continued to do so for 2 days afterward. It drove me nuts not being able to test them.

BTW: Happy Birthday, and I was gonna make a surprise visit to Capers the other day as I have been working in downtown Toledo for the last two weeks and was in the need of a getaway. I then realized I would have to get through Detroit at 5:00...the 89 miles didn't bother me....the 3 hours through Detroit rush hour did!

The weather should break Sunday for you. Hope you enjoy the mods.

FiveO
10-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Hope to see you at Lapeer Paul!

Happy B-Day again!

Lowell
10-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Hack it may rain on your parade today. Tomorrow is another parade!

bigslim
10-15-2004, 05:35 PM
I can do Lapeer next week.

Hack Goby
10-16-2004, 06:08 AM
I hear ya. When I had mine done it rained like hell right before they finished and continued to do so for 2 days afterward. It drove me nuts not being able to test them.

BTW: Happy Birthday, and I was gonna make a surprise visit to Capers the other day as I have been working in downtown Toledo for the last two weeks and was in the need of a getaway. I then realized I would have to get through Detroit at 5:00...the 89 miles didn't bother me....the 3 hours through Detroit rush hour did!

The weather should break Sunday for you. Hope you enjoy the mods.Thanks Berry I would have been good to see you but I don`t blame you for not going through rush hour.

Hack Goby
10-16-2004, 06:11 AM
Hack it may rain on your parade today. Tomorrow is another parade!Your right about that Lowell,Life is a daly parade

metroplex
10-16-2004, 06:11 AM
Might as well return the air hog, it's not any better than a K&N and will let a lot of dirt go into your engine.

Also, do you absolutely need 94 octane? Because if you don't, just run 93 octane. The higher octane won't give you more "hp", it may even slow you down.

I get the best gas mileage and performance running 93 octane fuel.

Hack Goby
10-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Might as well return the air hog, it's not any better than a K&N and will let a lot of dirt go into your engine.

Also, do you absolutely need 94 octane? Because if you don't, just run 93 octane. The higher octane won't give you more "hp", it may even slow you down.

I get the best gas mileage and performance running 93 octane fuel.Charley,You always have this attitude and opinion about eveything,You must be the life of all the partys you go too.Anyway I had a K&N on my Crown Vic for two and a half years and there were no "H.P." gains that I noticed but the car would run a little better on hot days with the air on.This is why I am trying the air hog.Lidio also said there would be no performance gains buy getting one but more air flow is a good thing even if it is a little and its my fifty bucks.Octane"does" make a difference on the 32 valve with a twoway chip.And as far as more dirt getting into youe engine,I only plan on keeping my Marauder maybe 4-5 years and then move on so the dirt issue is a non factor.Charley I still have your run from last year against Trilogy#1 plus I can put it on a disc now but your going to have to show up to an event someday to get it.

MikesMerc
10-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Ubly looks like a washout today :(

I'll do Lapeer next week though!

Hack Goby
10-16-2004, 07:04 AM
The Ubly website has "Alterative auto" day so Lidio had to go up and make an apperence.70%chance of rain in Ubly plus 20-30knt.winds.

metroplex
10-16-2004, 07:19 AM
As long as it doesn't POUR through the entire day... Ubly will try to keep the track open. Remember last year? They would do the same thing.

Hack:
Engines are engines. I can tune my car by myself and I found that if I ran 94 octane, my exhaust would growl a lot more and I'd end up with like 11-13 mpg in the city. I started running 89 octane but it pinged too much on the highway. I adjusted the timing and ran 93 octane. Bam, 15-16 mpg pure city, 19-20 combined, 21-22 mpg highway. No pinging and it pulls hard without weird exhaust growl (unburnt fuel).

Of course if your timing is so high that you need 94 octane, by all means go with it. I think you even have a knock sensor, so you're good to go.

I've had lots of dirt go right through a K&N style filter. I raced at Island Dragway and drove through a dusty cornfield. I went home and didn't see a speck of dirt stuck on the wide open cotton gauze spaces :help: Where'd it go?

Don't get me wrong... I usually install the K&N style filter for drag racing just to try and get that extra 1-2 hp! But in retrospect I wouldn't spend the $20-$30 for another filter for my Marauder airbox, nor run it on the street.
I've been doing lots of commuting on I-94 where they have construction and my paper Mann filter traps so much sand/dust/grit that it sounds like I just got out of the desert when I tap the filter.

Good luck.