PDA

View Full Version : Picnic Sign-sheet

cruzer
10-15-2004, 08:54 PM
In order to be sure there is enough food for everyone, I need a pretty accurate head count and I need it soon. The meals will be ordered tomorrow--I'm planning 35, but I feel that is quite low--it won't take but a few seconds to say " add ? number"--that's all I need :help: . Details and a map will be posted here on Sunday. I believe this should be a rain or shine event--we have covered seating for 200, so I'm sure we could find a dry spot. This isn't a car show, so don't worry about rain spots. Some folks asked if they could bring anything--salads and deserts would be appreciated--the caterer is supplying the meat and vegetables.Watch this thread for the latest :beer:Maury

Rollin'Thunder
10-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Kay and I will be there.....Lord willin' and the creek don't rise too high! :rofl: :beer:
Bill

Johnman
10-16-2004, 06:25 AM
I will be there but might not arrive until after 1:OO or so. Any directions? I've never been out in that neck of the woods.

BUCKWHEAT
10-16-2004, 09:10 AM
In order to be sure there is enough food for everyone, I need a pretty accurate head count and I need it soon. The meals will be ordered tomorrow--I'm planning 35, but I feel that is quite low--it won't take but a few seconds to say " add ? number"--that's all I need :help: . Details and a map will be posted here on Sunday. I believe this should be a rain or shine event--we have covered seating for 200, so I'm sure we could find a dry spot. This isn't a car show, so don't worry about rain spots. Some folks asked if they could bring anything--salads and deserts would be appreciated--the caterer is supplying the meat and vegetables.Watch this thread for the latest :beer:Maury

Count Gina & John in for two! I am trying to get my buddy & his wife to come also. He's looking for a '67 or '68 Cougar X-R7.

cruzer
10-16-2004, 07:57 PM
I think I have the map ready--let's see.
Now, the food order is confirmed--with final numbers due on Friday.
The menu is:
BBQ Beef Brisket BBQ Beans
BBQ Pork Links Coleslaw
BBQ Turkey Breast Potato Casserole
Regular and Hot BBQ sauce
Tray of onions, peppers, pickles, etc
We will supply beverages (bring your own beer) -- NOTHING IN GLASS CONTAINERS.
If you want to bring something, salads and maybe a few desserts (I plan on dessert at Chucks)

TIME: 1 PM
I will open the gate at 11 AM---food will arrive at 1 PM--buffet style as soon as set-up by Coulter's is finished--about 1:30 PM---I believe there will be plenty of food for later arrivals--come when you can.

At about 5 PM we plan to leave the Park and convoy to Chucks via Hwy 26 to Main St to Hwy 26. We will have reserved parking places --need to know how many by 4 PM. There is a $10 registration fee per car---some pretty good door prizes.
CAUTION !!!!! NO SPEEDING--NO BURN-OUTS--it's in the contract.
Let's make this agreat get-together, Maury

Vortex
10-16-2004, 09:54 PM
If I dont have to work I will come by to meet you all. I went to the thing at the Shelby place today but didnt see any MMs (I left pretty early though).

Logan
10-17-2004, 07:42 AM
Wish I could be there, but unfortunately, my entire family is completely exhausted after an incredibly hectic couple weeks...

Racerx88
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Can't make the picnic, but we plan to be at Chucks's.

cruzer
10-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Made a trip to the Park today and this is a detailed way to get there. The entrance to the park area is on FAIRWAY DRIVE--off Hwy 26, between the Grapevine Mall and the entrance to "Gaylord Texas". the sign at the entrance says "COWBOY GOLF CLUB". Turn North and drive 2.6 miles. You will go past the golf Club, cross the dam--cross the spillway and take the FIRST entrance to the left. This will be "ROCKLEDGE PARK " entrance--go thru the gate and IMMMEDIATELY turn LEFT and parallel the levee for .2 miles--the Jackson Pavillion will be on the right--Park in marked areas (paved).
The real secret way to tell you are in the right place is a radio tower and a microwave tower right at the entrance---I think we will have a great time in this area--it is really nice. I'll keep you posted, Maury
(Dan,Please give me a call)

2003 MIB
10-18-2004, 04:09 AM
Made a trip to the Park today and this is a detailed way to get there. The entrance to the park area is on FAIRWAY DRIVE--off Hwy 26, between the Grapevine Mall and the entrance to "Gaylord Texas". the sign at the entrance says "COWBOY GOLF CLUB". Turn North and drive 2.6 miles. You will go past the golf Club, cross the dam--cross the spillway and take the FIRST entrance to the left. This will be "ROCKLEDGE PARK " entrance--go thru the gate and IMMMEDIATELY turn LEFT and parallel the levee for .2 miles--the Jackson Pavillion will be on the right--Park in marked areas (paved).
The real secret way to tell you are in the right place is a radio tower and a microwave tower right at the entrance---I think we will have a great time in this area--it is really nice. I'll keep you posted, Maury
(Dan,Please give me a call)
Coli and I will be there. I'll call you about 10:30, Maury- I didn't think you'd be awake yet...This is going to be cool!:banana:

RVT04
10-19-2004, 09:29 AM
LINDA ,STEPHEN,& MOM
THATS THREE FOR SURE
I GOTTA WORK SAT MORNING BUT GET OFF AT 11 SO WILL SEE EVERYONE ABOUT NOON

RVT04
10-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Wish I could be there, but unfortunately, my entire family is completely exhausted after an incredibly hectic couple weeks...
WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT MY FRIEND & BY THE WAY YOUR OLD CAR STILL SOUNDS GREAT
FOLLOWED JOHN AND GINA HOME FROM THE CLUB MEET THE OTHER NITE WOW WHAT A SWEET SOUND
SR

jfclancy
10-19-2004, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=cruzer]In order to be sure there is enough food for everyone, I need a pretty accurate head count and I need it soon. The meals will be ordered tomorrow--I'm planning 35, but I feel that is quite low--it won't take but a few seconds to say " add ? number"--that's all I need :help: . Details and a map will be posted here on Sunday. I believe this should be a rain or shine event--we have covered seating for 200, so I'm sure we could find a dry spot. This isn't a car show, so don't worry about rain spots. Some folks asked if they could bring anything--salads and deserts would be appreciated--the caterer is supplying the meat and vegetables.Watch this thread for the latest :beer:Maury[/QUOTE
Due to unforeseen circumstances I and my wife will be unable to attend.
Sorry, Will still be glad to contribute.

Joe Clancy

Redster
10-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Maury - I'm going to try to make it. My wife, Regina, fainted at work along with chest pains. She has been off since last Friday. She is scheduled for a angiogram at 0800 tomorrow (Thurs). Hopefully the results will be positive.
If things look good we will be there. Will have to leave a little early as I have a reunion scheduled in Ardmore the same day. I thought we could stop by for a couple of hours then head north. Hope to see you Sat.

Johnman
10-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Maury - I'm going to try to make it. My wife, Regina, fainted at work along with chest pains. She has been off since last Friday. She is scheduled for a angiogram at 0800 tomorrow (Thurs). Hopefully the results will be positive.
If things look good we will be there. Will have to leave a little early as I have a reunion scheduled in Ardmore the same day. I thought we could stop by for a couple of hours then head north. Hope to see you Sat.
I hope she's OK, Rod. I want to see you both at the picnic! Too bad you can't go to the show at Chuck's, but who could pass up the chance to drive up to their reunion in a Marauder?

Rollin'Thunder
10-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Rod, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and especially Regina. We hope to see you both Saturday. Keep us posted on the outcome of the angiogram.
Bill

cruzer
10-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Rod, if there is anything we can do, don't hesitate to call at any time--hope everything goes smoothly--if I hadn't had my angiogram, I would still be taking all the meds that were making me sick. Our prayers are with you both--hope to see you Sat, if only for a short time---please check new thread on picnic, Maury

2003 MIB
10-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and Regina, Rod. If we see you- great. If we don't- we'll see you next time. No stress on this end. You take care of you!

cruzer
10-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Just picked up the Pavillion gate key--the park crew was just finishing power washing the whole area---rest rooms all refreshed, so things should be ready for us. Am closing out the catering order at 40 meals---can get more at Grapevine store if needed Saturday--hope we need more !!!!!!! If you have info I might need--call me at 817-196-3819. See you tomorrow, Maury

cruzer
10-23-2004, 08:52 PM
The God's of Weather smiled on us and we had a terrific time at Grapevine Lake and afterward at Chucks. Final count was 15 Marauders,4 Cougars and one Mustang--people count later. The BBQ was great and plentiful and the desserts hit the spot. My computer is stuck in low gear , so it is impractical to try to post pictures---all in good time. I wish to thank the Marauder group for their great help and the Cougar group for attending--gotta do this more often. Details as I can get them together--got some home-work to do first ;) . Again thanks everyone---have a great week-end, Maury

Vortex
10-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Good job to all those involved in setting this up. It was great to meet all of you and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Johnman
10-24-2004, 04:16 PM
Great job, Maury (and Dan). I really enjoyed both the picnic and the car show. But I assure you I'm not the one who did the burnout in the parking lot! :nono:

Rollin'Thunder
10-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Thanks! Maury and Dan, Great job! :bows: Everyone that showed up for the picnic and Chuck's had a really good time. :party: Looking forward to doing this again.....maybe next spring? Bill and Kay

2003 MIB
10-25-2004, 03:55 AM
Whoa Campers!!!! Dan didn't do anything but show up and mingle. This whole deal was all about Maury efforts:bows: :bows: :bows: ...He found the site, secured the food and set us up for the SVT cruise (some would say he also controls the weather). We couldn't have a better Activities Czar (Director of Social Events etc...) than Cruzer. No credit due to me on this gathering.
I sure heard a lot of nice things from the Cougar guys about how the Marauders have revitalized the club. That's a good feeling.
I do worry that Maury stresses and fusses over every detail but he seems to enjoy it and there's not much any of us could do to stop him.

The highlight for me was certainly meeting Anita. You'd never know she was sick- that lady's got some spunk!!!!
I'm glad Rod and Regina made it out too!!!
Vortex is also good addition too. Very interesting to hear him compare/contrast the GTO/Marauder.
That was just a good day!:banana:

Rollin'Thunder
10-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Never mind! :o Sorry, Dan! I thought had a little to do with getting some of this gathering together. After all, you brought that big cooler of drinks! I'm sure everyone is aware that Maury is the Guru of activity arrangements! :bows: :bows: It really was a great day and I know everyone had a really great time! :party: We're looking foward to the next one!

2003 MIB
10-26-2004, 02:56 AM
Never mind! Sorry, Dan! I thought had a little to do with getting some of this gathering together. After all, you brought that big cooler of drinks!

:D Nope- I just did what Maury asked me to do. How'd your project go last night?

Rollin'Thunder
10-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Dan, I know you made Maury proud by doing what he told you! :lol: :rofl: Check your PMs, please.

2003 MIB
10-27-2004, 04:08 AM
Dan, I know you made Maury proud by doing what he told you! :lol: :rofl: Check your PMs, please.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep!!- I figure he's been on this planet a lot longer than I have and might know a few things I don't. Besides, if someone is willing to bite off the picnic project- the least I can do is bring some soda.

cruzer
10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Finally got to upload 5 pics of the picnic--they are in the NTM area of the gallery ---will try to do some more each nite---with dial-up aol and a 700mhz computer, it's a slow process---bear with me :help: Maury

2003 MIB
10-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Finally got to upload 5 pics of the picnic--they are in the NTM area of the gallery ---will try to do some more each nite---with dial-up aol and a 700mhz computer, it's a slow process---bear with me :help: Maury
I love this picture...It would appear that Rumble has said something inappropriate. It was bad enough to make his wife weep and attract Sam's attention from across the Pavillion...:D

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/3019/92NTMLSCCpic3.JPG

rumble
10-29-2004, 06:48 PM
I love this picture...It would appear that Rumble has said something inappropriate. It was bad enough to make his wife weep and attract Sam's attention from across the Pavillion...:D

Dan, unfortunately I have always had this effect on women.
Spouse, Mother, daughter, friends, all of em.

2003 MIB
10-30-2004, 08:48 PM
Dan, unfortunately I have always had this effect on women.
Spouse, Mother, daughter, friends, all of em.
Sadly, me too...I wonder if L/M had that in the market study for potential Marauder owners.

RVT04
10-31-2004, 08:41 AM
Sadly, me too...I wonder if L/M had that in the market study for potential Marauder owners.
i always considered it a natural bodily function, kinda like flaggelating,
only different. :bs:
but in my on experience i have noticed it doesn't occur nearlly as much as it used to;
since i put down the Budweiser :D