PDA

View Full Version : Myself, Dennis Reinhart and Pro Charger teaming up!

maraudernkc
10-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Great News!

Dennis Reinhart along with myself and Pro Charger will be teaming up to build this new Blower for the MM. It will be appliacation specific.

The following are a few deatils:

1.The blower will be self contained (no tapping your oil pan)

2.We will use a 3 core air to air intercooler (much eiser to install)

3.It will not be a blow thru design as first thought(Dennis suggested using a draw thru desing because of tunning issues)

What your going to find on this blower compared to the Vortech is that if they both run say 9PSI because of the design of the impeller of the Pro Charger Blower you are going to see much higher torque numbers and about 6/10ths shredded off in the quarter mile. I know this will have to be proved to you guys.

Dennis and myself will be posting photos as we get this going.

Dennis will sell these as long as he is satisfied with the outcome of the blower for the MM.

There is nothing wrong with a Vortech Blower.

This is just another choice and will be less money and easier to install.

I just want you guys to know that the blower will be built for every Day street use.

Most companies would not build a specific blower for the MM because there are only 10K of them out there. This is my best friend that owns Pro Charger and he did not want me to put a vortech on and drive over to his house.That's why this blower is going to be produced.

With Dennis helping out on this, I think we will all be happy with the end results.

Thanks, Greg
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

FordNut
10-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Great team to make it happen! Dennis, are you gonna have a GP when it's done?

All 3 of the design criteria you mentioned are highly desirable to me. If possible, keep the MAF and airbox in the stock location so that any cold air kits developed for the MM will work too!

maraudernkc
10-16-2004, 03:35 PM
It will probably be where Dennis has it set up now on the Vortech. That could change.

Looking forrward to making some HP!

Great team to make it happen! Dennis, are you gonna have a GP when it's done?

All 3 of the design criteria you mentioned are highly desirable to me. If possible, keep the MAF and airbox in the stock location so that any cold air kits developed for the MM will work too!

CRUZTAKER
10-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Excellent!

Dennis....where do you find the time?:P

Petrograde
10-16-2004, 07:39 PM
wow,... :up:

I can't wait to hear more details about this. Also, would it be safe to assume the price will be in the same range as a Vortech?

FiveO
10-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Should be some great numbers!

Good luck :up:

sailsmen
10-17-2004, 03:40 AM
Marty's secret project uses a Procharger.

MarauderMark
10-17-2004, 05:41 AM
Your gonna have 1 bfm when Dennis is done :banana: .Can't wait for pics and numbers..

Cobra25
10-17-2004, 08:28 AM
If the result's are good and it cost's less and easyer to install I'm sure sales will be good. WE will just have to wait & see.

maraudernkc
10-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Check out the price of a mustang kit and that will be the price for the MM

wow,... :up:

I can't wait to hear more details about this. Also, would it be safe to assume the price will be in the same range as a Vortech?

maraudernkc
10-17-2004, 08:39 AM
I can hardly wait!

Your gonna have 1 bfm when Dennis is done :banana: .Can't wait for pics and numbers..

FordNut
10-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Check out the price of a mustang kit and that will be the price for the MM
Fantastic! I can hardly wait. I was on the verge of piecing together a kit like this myself next spring, this is perfect timing.

Cobra25
10-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Check out the price of a mustang kit and that will be the price for the MM What is the price of the Mustang kit?

tmac1337
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
What is the price of the Mustang kit?

That is an excellent question, does anybody accurately know what the price of a procharger mustang kit is?

FordNut
10-17-2004, 05:30 PM
That is an excellent question, does anybody accurately know what the price of a procharger mustang kit is?
$4000-5000 depending on options (intercooler type, polished housing, P1 vs D1, injectors, etc.)

frdwrnch
10-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey, great timing for FordNut! He was all over FFW Bristol looking for one of these. I would be interested in the specifics as well.

drobin
10-19-2004, 07:19 PM
I for one am very interested in the development of this project and hope this it will pan out for us who have waited to super charge their MM. If anyone can make it happen, I'm confident it will be Dennis.

drobin
"Donald"

David Morton
10-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Now I have to wait some more. 2 Questions. 1) The Procharger is positive displacement type, twin screw, right? and the second applies to any boost system 2) How are you guys handling crankcase ventilation?

FordNut
10-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Now I have to wait some more. 2 Questions. 1) The Procharger is positive displacement type, twin screw, right? and the second applies to any boost system 2) How are you guys handling crankcase ventilation?
1) No, it's a centrifugal blower.
2) The systems I've seen re-route the pcv hose to the inlet of the blower.

Dennis Reinhart
10-21-2004, 06:21 PM
I have been talking with Gregg several times in the last few days, we both are getting a lot of calls over this kit, and we are both eager to see a finished product, work begins next Monday on Greg's car, again no matter who's kit you buy its my opinion the Transmission and brakes need to be upgraded so Greg is getting a complete stage 2 kit, and Allan at Art Car will install it for him.

I am sending Greg the correct size injectors and the correct Mass Air flow Sensor and an up graded fuel pump assembly, and a better fan schroud and Maf adapter along with a SCT tuner cable and all the other items that will be needed to do this kit, we are designing the kit as a draw through which makes for a lot better tuning, along with this I will send a base file to get them started with, he will also install the rear engine cooling kit.

I would like to take a few minutes and go over what we have discussed, we want to make this kit as affordable as we can, I will be a Procharger dealer, I will offer a group buy to the club on any of the kits I sell. I have done this on many of my other products, With the Procharger kit you can have two versions.

Option 1 will be a tuner kit, with this kit there will be no injectors or Maf or associated hardware, no fuel pump and no tuning. The kit will include an option of polished or satin compressor and it will come with all the mounting hardware and the air to air after cooler and mounting hardware. Also included will be and the inlet and out let piping, in a uncoated version. We will post these prices as soon as possible.

Option 2 will be a turn key kit with all the associated hardware injectors correct Maf associated wiring harness and external IAT sensor and Fuel pump upgrade all the mounting hardware can be powder coated upon request also included will be a SCT tuner with cable and 24 hour support of this kit, both kits will be at the 8/10 PSI range, of course if there are members that want more boost a smaller pulley can be ordered.

We want all the members to be able to afford the kit of there choice, we are pricing these very conservatively, I will continue to offer my water to air Vortech kit for 5990.00 we are anticipating the Procharger Tuners kit in the 3000.00/ 3500.00 range and the full kit in the 4000.00/ 4500.00 Range, all these prices will be finalized in the next few weeks.

Joe Walsh
10-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Awesome News Dennis and Greg!!
I read MM&FF and they have a SICK Procharged Mustang turning 10s in just about every issue. I'll wait to see your updates on this project...
I've had the opportunity to ride in a Vortech MM (Haggis' Kenny Brown S/C) and it was incredible...if a Procharger is quicker...WOW!! Now I need to bum a ride in a Trilogy MM to compare the "HOLY SH_T IS THIS THING FAST!" factors.
I was sold on the Trilogy but a $4,500 Procharger leaves me lots of $$$ to buy Todd's (TCE) complete 13" front AND rear brake kit.
I don't want to start another S/C discussion-war but I was wondering if a Procharger kit might be a better STREET S/C because it is less likely to annialate STREET TIRES out of the hole like an Eaton (LOW END TORQUE) Trilogy will.

tmac1337
10-21-2004, 06:50 PM
Sounds Great Dennis and Greg.

SergntMac
10-21-2004, 07:01 PM
I want all the members to be able to afford the kit of their choice, we are pricing these very conservatively, I will continue to offer my water to air Vortech kit for 5990.00 we are anticipating the Procharger Tuners kit in the 3000.00/ 3500.00 range and the full kit in the 4000.00/ 4500.00 Range, all these prices will be finalized in the next few weeks.
Bravo, Dennis, bravo! If anyone could, I knew you would.

sailsmen
10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
In the true tradition of populist Huey Long, Dennis slogan "a S/C in every MM"! :)

jspradii
10-21-2004, 08:36 PM
In the true tradition of populist Huey Long, Dennis slogan "a S/C in every MM"! :)
Herbert Hoover campaign theme in 1928 "A chicken in every pot, and a car in every garage". He was a one term President.

Dennis, you and I have spoken about this project, which blower model will be in your base kit?:beatnik:

Jim

stevengerard
10-21-2004, 09:29 PM
wow, and great prices. Any of these kits would be great but to have the watercooled Vortec for under 6k now would be an awfully good buy. including trilogy 4 kits all under 6k!

maraudernkc
10-22-2004, 05:29 PM
If the Trilogy and the Vortech were the same price I would buy the Trilogy. It looks pretty and still honks down the road!!!

wow, and great prices. Any of these kits would be great but to have the watercooled Vortec for under 6k now would be an awfully good buy. including trilogy 4 kits all under 6k!

Dennis Reinhart
10-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Have you never heard looks are not every thing, and now both centrifugal blower are priced less than the roots. The centrifugal blower makes more safe a RWHP at lower boost level than the roots, but again its your choice all we want to do is present the options.

HwyCruiser
10-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Dennis/Greg,

I hope you guys the best of luck in getting this kit developed to your and our high expectations.

Few questions on the option 2 kit:
- Are full install instructions going to be developed?
- Is kit going to be priced for those who already have the 9100 SCT and cable?

No rush on QC and all, but there's only 62 more shopping days 'til Christmas! ;)

- JD

Dennis Reinhart
10-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Dennis/Greg,

I hope you guys the best of luck in getting this kit developed to your and our high expectations.

Few questions on the option 2 kit:
- Are full install instructions going to be developed?
- Is kit going to be priced for those who already have the 9100 SCT and cable?

No rush on QC and all, but there's only 62 more shopping days 'til Christmas! ;)

- JD

Well I will give a discount for those members that buy the full kit, and have either my chip or SCT tuner, yes we will have complete instructions, what we are doing is a spinoff of a proven system its just less expensive than the water to air unit, I have sold in the past, but even that kit is reduced to be competive of the other unit that is available to the members here. What we are trying to do is make a S/C kit that is afordable to the members of this site, what we are doing is giving the members here another option. So if you have any questions call me or Greg will help any way we can.

duhtroll
10-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Dennis -

Which kit will be the safest to run for the longest period of time?

My driving style is 90% highway with some fun at the track thrown in - my MM is my daily driver.

Thanks again,
-A

SergntMac
10-22-2004, 07:57 PM
I thought it was Huey Lewis, who wanted a new drug...

If the Trilogy and the Vortech were the same price I would buy the Trilogy. It looks pretty and still honks down the road!!!
Happy to hear ya fess up, thanks for the memories. We had nothing to do anyway...

Dennis Reinhart
10-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Dennis -

Which kit will be the safest to run for the longest period of time?

My driving style is 90% highway with some fun at the track thrown in - my MM is my daily driver.

Thanks again,
-A

We want this post free of controversy, Greg never started this to compare kits. All this will do is lead to bashing one kit over the other, that's your job to compare the advantages and disadvantages of the kits now being offered. Why not call me or Greg we would both be glad to go over the differences between all three kits now being offered.

RF Overlord
10-23-2004, 05:50 AM
We want this post free of controversy, Greg never started this to compare kits. All this will do is lead to bashing one kit over the other, that's your job to compare the advantages and disadvantages of the kits now being offered. Why not call me or Greg we would both be glad to go over the differences between all three kits now being offered.

Dennis is right.

There is no one "best" kit. To determine which kit suits YOUR purpose best, call the vendors and tell them what your requirements are, then make the choice.