PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Introduction

jonroe
10-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Hello Folks!

I will become a new MM owner this Friday when I pick her up at the dealer. I have become a new member of MM.net and have browsed this site quite a bit. I have already received a couple of e-mails from MM owners in my area after getting on MMC as well.

Anyway, since I live in Northern Virginia I'd like to join this North East Marauders group and am certainly interested in the Capital Area Marauders folks as the sub-group. I'm looking forward to participating here.

Jon Roe
Herndon, VA:D

SergntMac
10-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey...Welcome!

Haggis
10-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Hello Folks!

I will become a new MM owner this Friday when I pick her up at the dealer. I have become a new member of MM.net and have browsed this site quite a bit. I have already received a couple of e-mails from MM owners in my area after getting on MMC as well.

Anyway, since I live in Northern Virginia I'd like to join this North East Marauders group and am certainly interested in the Capital Area Marauders folks as the sub-group. I'm looking forward to participating here.

Jon Roe

Cool always happy to have another CAM member. This Saturday we are kinda having a mini-meet at Mason/Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown, Md. Drop on by and meet some of the family.

Welcome to the Collective, resistance to modding is futile. :D

cruzer
10-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the best web site in automobiledom--friendly, informative and in love with their Marauders--We'll try to keep that grin on your face.
O K you Yankees, take good care of the man :beer: Maury

bigslim
10-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the site. A lot of information floating around here. Glad to have you and enjoy your ride.

RoyLPita
10-17-2004, 05:25 AM
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new MM.

MarauderMark
10-17-2004, 05:36 AM
Hey Joe!!
Welcome to the greatest site on the web!! Thank you for your intrested in Cam as we are allways looking for new members to help us take over the roads as well as parking lots.Looking foward to meeting you soon..:beer:

Bluerauder
10-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Hello Folks!

Jon Roe
Jon,
I have been waiting for you to show up here. :welcome: Welcome to the MM.Net and enjoy your trip to NJ for your MM pick-up. It'll be a "grinning" ride all the way home. Hope to see you around at some of the CAM meets soon.

Al Goguen
10-17-2004, 07:49 AM
Hey, Great to have you aboard. you already know how useful this site is
as far as MM info goes, so enjoy the new Car your gonna love it.
If nothin else think about putting 4:10 gears in it, you'll love the
difference in performace beleive me...
Again welcome aboard..
:beer:

Cobra25
10-17-2004, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the site and the best of Luck with your new Marauder.

MarauderMark
10-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey, Great to have you aboard. you already know how useful this site is
as far as MM info goes, so enjoy the new Car your gonna love it.
If nothin else think about putting 4:10 gears in it, you'll love the
difference in performace beleive me...
Again welcome aboard..
:beer:

If you start to mod you'll never know when to quit.so decide when you start modding what are you looking for and what you will be satisfied with beacuse when all is said and done($$$$) you might just be better off with the s/cer..:banana:

CRUZTAKER
10-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Welcome!!!

There's a bunch of CAM folks going up to Hagerstown for a mini meet next week...join them...join us! The eastern meet season is quickly coming to an end.

GordonB
10-17-2004, 08:06 PM
jonroe,
Welcome to the best site on the net. Congrats on your new car!!!
GordonB

jonroe
10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Wow! What a welcome. I appreciate all your kind words.I'm waitin' for Friday morning when I take off. A little glitch tonight when the dealer started talking about a settlement price higher than we agreed to 11 days ago. I set them straight on that one. It's the original agreed price or i walk. I hope I don't have to walk!

I'll give a report when I get home.

Thanks, again.

Jon:) :) :) :) :D

Joe Walsh
10-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Jon, Welcome aboard! By the time you get back from Jersey with your new MM it will have a few hundred miles on her.......
just come on out to Hagerstown (Mason Dixon Dragway) on Saturday and finish breaking in the engine in 1/4 Mile increments!!! :D :burnout: :lol:
Joe

Haggis
10-21-2004, 03:44 AM
Jon, Welcome aboard! By the time you get back from Jersey with your new MM it will have a few hundred miles on her.......
just come on out to Hagerstown (Mason Dixon Dragway) on Saturday and finish breaking in the engine in 1/4 Mile increments!!! :D :burnout: :lol:
Joe

Are you bringing the Cobra? :coolman:

jonroe
10-22-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm baaack! She's got about 300 miles on already. What a sharp ass car. I took the back roads home to exercise different engine speeds but the traffic was horrible. It took me over 7 hours to get home and only 5 hours to get there early this morning using the interstates.

What a beautiful drive! I was cruising through the back roads of NJ with the fall leaves dropping. It's a wonderful highway car. I don't care much for the overdrive. It was much more fun to drive with the O/D off but then I'm normally a stick shift guy. I got about 20 mpg even with heavy traffic in a lot of places.

At least I'm home and she's in the driveway looking all red and everything!!

I was surprised there were no locking lug nuts. I guess I have to go get my own.

Still smilin' and ready for bed after 550 miles.

Whew!

Jon

maraudernkc
10-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Welcome and congrats on you new purchase. Get ready to spend some $$$$ for upgrades.

Hello Folks!

Jon Roe

maraudernkc
10-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Hey Serg, are there any groups in the Kansas City area?

Hey...Welcome!

jgc61sr2002
10-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Jon - Welcome aboard. :welcome: Enjoy your new ride. :D

Bluerauder
10-22-2004, 06:41 PM
I'm baaack! She's got about 300 miles on already. .....
At least I'm home and she's in the driveway looking all red and everything!!

Still smilin' and ready for bed after 550 miles.

Whew!

Jon
If you're not done with the fun yet :D ... come on up to Hagerstown tomorrow (only about 90 more miles) and meet some of the extended CAM gang at the Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse at noon ... before we head on over to Mason-Dixon Dragway. Several MMer's will be showing their stuff. The rest will be spectating. Drop me a PM if you are interested and/or need directions. :burnout:

MyTMerc
10-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the site Jon. The red (DTR) is a really sharp looking car! There is one at Prince Fredrick (MD) FM were I bought mine.

I've been able to attend just one CAM meet in September (bought mine in mid July) and I was very impressed. They are a very friendly group of folks that really love their cars. You'll get excellent advice here on virtually anything to do with your car. Enjoy the ride :burnout:

jonroe
10-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Bluerauder,

Thanks for the invite, however, I have kid birthday stuff going on this weekend so am totally occupied. I've barely had time to admire the car this weekend with so much going on. I was at the store this morning and a guy walked up to me in the parking lot wanting to compliment the car and talk. It sure is nice to have a great car that you don't see much around on the streets. I've gotten quite a few looks this weekend.

Thanks.

Jon

Bluerauder
10-25-2004, 04:28 PM
It sure is nice to have a great car that you don't see much around on the streets.
Jon,
The reason you didn't see many MMs on the street is 'cause we were all at the race track .... :rofl:
9 MM racers (7 black, 1 blue, and 1 silver). Your DTR would have rounded out the collection rather nicely. Hope the birthday celebration went well. Look forward to seeing you around at some of the CAM meets.

jonroe
11-07-2004, 04:37 PM
I just successfully completed oil change number 1 today at 000978 miles. With all your help telling me about the oil filter, I had no trouble dealing with it. It wasn't too tight but it did drip all over the steering hardware and hoses. I just carefully cleaned it up with a rag. To make it easier on my arms I loosened the air dam and pivoted it out of the way. All in all a fairly easy job made easier by your (you all) wise words ahead of time. I have confidence I can do it each time now.

A couple of questions:

The initial oil seemed to have a bit of a green cast to it. Anybody notice this?

The owner's manual says it takes 6 quarts for an oil change including filter, however, the owner's DVD shows 6.35 quarts. I put in only 6 and that seems right according to the dipstick. Any comments?

I used a stock Motorcraft FL-820S filter and stock Motorcraft 5W-20 synthetic blend as recommended. I think I will move to Mobil 1 5W-30 or 0W-30 at the next change at 5,000 miles.

Jon

jgc61sr2002
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
I also like to do an oil change a 1K on a new car and 3K thereafter. I am also using the Motorcraft oil and filter.