PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Meet

Krytin
10-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Next Sunday afternoon I plan to meet up with BillyGman for a test drive in my car to evaluate the "J-Mod" for his tranny.
Looking for a central location and more people so we can all have a good time!
How about a Yonkers meet for next Sunday? Anybody interested or have other sugestions? If not - I'm headed over to CT next Sunday.

Marauder
10-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Next Sunday afternoon I plan to meet up with BillyGman for a test drive in my car to evaluate the "J-Mod" for his tranny.
How about a Yonkers meet for next Sunday? Anybody interested or have other sugestions? If not - I'm headed over to CT next Sunday.

I can probably make it. :)

Krytin
10-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks Danny! I won't be able to get to Yonkers before 1:00 PM.

BillyGman
10-18-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm watching this thread w/interest Paul.

martyo
10-19-2004, 02:27 AM
I would love to come, but it looks like its back to the ATL for me....

MSR7878
10-19-2004, 04:19 AM
I'm also interested. I'd rather it be in CT but will try to make it to Yonkers if that suits more people.

Marauder
10-19-2004, 06:17 AM
Thanks Danny! I won't be able to get to Yonkers before 1:00 PM.

Why don't we do Bennigan's in Yonkers like we've done in the past?

Krytin
10-19-2004, 01:51 PM
I think this would be best for me. It's as close to middle ground as we can get. I hope we can get a few more people interested!

nexstar7
10-19-2004, 01:58 PM
i almost did the j-mod on my mark8. i'll be there. lets get a location going.

Bigdogjim
10-19-2004, 03:23 PM
OK! Now yor talking:up:

Make it Yonkers, NY

Big parking lot:)

valkyrie
10-19-2004, 07:11 PM
OK! Now yor talking:up:

Make it Yonkers, NY

Big parking lot:)

Give me an address and a time!

Marauder
10-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Give me an address and a time!

Now we're talking.....I'm there.

Krytin
10-20-2004, 03:31 AM
Bennigan's Restaurant
2 Executive Boulevard
Yonkers, NY 10701 (although it might really be 10703)
914-966-1100

Anytime after 1:00 PM

valkyrie
10-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Bennigan's Restaurant
2 Executive Boulevard
Yonkers, NY 10701 (although it might really be 10703)
914-966-1100

Anytime after 1:00 PM

Let's say 1:01pm :D then.

troopcar
10-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Jeez, Louise. I can't believe it. A meet in Yonkers at Bennigan's. What a great idea.

But, please don't be mad . . . it's not my fault, but the weatherman says rain for Sunday (Oct. 24).

If the weather's clear, count me in. Yeah, I know the place by heart.

Let's see what the weather is gonna be as it gets closer to Sunday. I think if we get rained out, we should have a Halloween meet there on Sunday, October 31. And, nobody gets in without a costume. And you can't dress like yourself. (But you could dress like the FHP chasing down misbehaving ricers in their pursuit Marauders).

Or we can dress up like each other. Who will be Bigdog?

later,
troopcar

Krytin
10-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Sounds like a plan troopcar!
Can I just wear my Skunk hat (see avatar)?
Well... I supose shirt & pants would also be required...

Marauder
10-21-2004, 06:09 AM
Krytin, Valkyrie, Nexstar7:
Wanna meet up somewhere in Queens and caravan up there?

BillyGman
10-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Jeez, Louise. I can't believe it. A meet in Yonkers at Bennigan's. What a great idea.

But, please don't be mad . . . it's not my fault, but the weatherman says rain for Sunday (Oct. 24).

If the weather's clear, count me in. Yeah, I know the place by heart.

Let's see what the weather is gonna be as it gets closer to Sunday. I think if we get rained out, we should have a Halloween meet there on Sunday, October 31. And, nobody gets in without a costume. And you can't dress like yourself. (But you could dress like the FHP chasing down misbehaving ricers in their pursuit Marauders).

Or we can dress up like each other. Who will be Bigdog?

later,
troopcarUh ho, costumes, rain delays, bennigans, hey, I just wanted to drive your car Paul, and give you the opportunity to drive mine if you like. Don't get me wrong, I'd Luv to meet most of the people here, and if I can, then that would be a great fringe benefit, but my primary goal here is to meet you, and to get a ride in your car, and perhaps some brief minutes behind the steering wheel too. So it's okay w/me if you want to make this next Sunday, or this Sunday. Which ever you prefer, but please keep in mind that my primary motive here is to find out how the transmission in your car operates now. Bennigan's sounds okay to me. I just don't want this whole thing to snowball into something that won't even allow us to focus on why it is that we planned on meeting in the first place.

jaywish
10-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Jeeze, All the way to Yonkers?

I'm working Sunday but I sure hope I can get part of the day off and come by.

Jay

nexstar7
10-21-2004, 02:31 PM
they're saying showers for sunday. its hard testing the j mod on wet road. but i'll go for a beer. :beer:

valkyrie
10-21-2004, 02:49 PM
they're saying showers for sunday. its hard testing the j mod on wet road. but i'll go for a beer. :beer:

Ralph I am meeting Danny at Hooters at 7:00pm tonight if you are interested.

nexstar7
10-21-2004, 02:51 PM
yea, i know. i got home from work and i started to sneeze and my throat hurts. i think iam going to pass. are you going this sunday?

valkyrie
10-21-2004, 03:18 PM
yea, i know. i got home from work and i started to sneeze and my throat hurts. i think iam going to pass. are you going this sunday?

I plan on it.

Krytin
10-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Uh ho, costumes, rain delays, bennigans, hey, I just wanted to drive your car Paul, and give you the opportunity to drive mine if you like. Don't get me wrong, I'd Luv to meet most of the people here, and if I can, then that would be a great fringe benefit, but my primary goal here is to meet you, and to get a ride in your car, and perhaps some brief minutes behind the steering wheel too. So it's okay w/me if you want to make this next Sunday, or this Sunday. Which ever you prefer, but please keep in mind that my primary motive here is to find out how the transmission in your car operates now. Bennigan's sounds okay to me. I just don't want this whole thing to snowball into something that won't even allow us to focus on why it is that we planned on meeting in the first place.

Me too! The only thing that would change the day would be rain! This Sunday is for a test drive! After that we can party if anyone desires.

Krytin
10-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Krytin, Valkyrie, Nexstar7:
Wanna meet up somewhere in Queens and caravan up there?

Unfortunately I am running a tight schedule Sunday morning - I got volunteered to usher @ the 10:30 service at Church (Methodists are very much like the military when it comes to volunteers)! I will be heading directly to Benigans from there - best we can hope for is to meet on the "fly". I think Harry & Danny might still have my cell#.

ALF
10-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Well if the Big Dog can't make it I have keys to his Marauder and I am sure he won't mind. I am not dressing like him.

Bigdogjim
10-21-2004, 09:42 PM
Well if the Big Dog can't make it I have keys to his Marauder and I am sure he won't mind. I am not dressing like him.

If so then make sure you leave the key to the Jag. Do not I repeat do not return my car empty! :mad2:

Marauder
10-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately I am running a tight schedule Sunday morning - I got volunteered to usher @ the 10:30 service at Church (Methodists are very much like the military when it comes to volunteers)! I will be heading directly to Benigans from there - best we can hope for is to meet on the "fly". I think Harry & Danny might still have my cell#.

I still have your's and Harry's numbers and Harry has mine. Do you stil have mine? I'll PM it to you if you need.

Krytin
10-22-2004, 11:11 AM
I still have your's and Harry's numbers and Harry has mine. Do you stil have mine? I'll PM it to you if you need. You're still in there under "Marauder"!

Marauder
10-22-2004, 11:16 AM
You're still in there under "Marauder"!

I have you under Krytin Paul. :D

jaywish
10-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi All,

I plan on stopping by at aprox 1:00 PM

Jay

Krytin
10-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Still no rain in the forcast for tomorrow! Hope to be there by 1:00 - 1:15.

MENINBLK
10-24-2004, 12:24 AM

I feel for ya Nexstar7.
I've had the bug since Monday and I've been on antibiotics and Flonase since Wednesday.
I do feel much better though.
If the wife will let me out, I'll be at Bennigans to see yall !!

Marauder04
10-24-2004, 05:02 AM
What dose the J-mod for the tranny do???

Krytin
10-24-2004, 06:02 AM
Faster/firmer shifts - less overlap of band application when changing gears.

jaywish
10-24-2004, 06:28 AM
My cell,

914 774-3604

Krytin
10-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Well, that was fun! Thanks to Marauder, nexstar7, Valkyrie, jaywish & Troopcar for the company - the drive out of the parking lot and home was fun! See you next time!

valkyrie
10-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Well, that was fun! Thanks to Marauder, nexstar7, Valkyrie, jaywish & Troopcar for the company - the drive out of the parking lot and home was fun! See you next time!

Paul I had a good time as well.

Also thanks for the test drive. We will have to get together again so you can lead me through the J Mod.

PhkinQk
10-24-2004, 08:14 PM
J-mod vs the shift kit? don't know much about tranny's but drive one with a shift kit, big difference....is the J mod similar? thanks...

BillyGman
10-25-2004, 02:51 AM
J-mod vs the shift kit? don't know much about tranny's but drive one with a shift kit, big difference....is the J mod similar? thanks...
I've read a post on another board from Jerry W. who used to be one of the Ford engineeers who helped to design the transmissions in our cars, where he stated that some shift kits will actually do harm to our transmisions, and that his J-mod is actually better.

And BTW, sorry I couldn't make it there people. I woke up Sunday morning, and I felt lousy. So I went back to bed and I was in bed all day.

PhkinQk
10-25-2004, 06:05 AM
I drove in my buddy's car, he has the Transgo, shift kit and there's some nice shifting and a nice snap when punched, but I'd not like to be in a situation of damaging my tranny.
Ok, anyone know of a link about the J mod? What it entails, price, similarities to the shift kit in performance vs. the shift kit above?

I've read a post on another board from Jerry W. who used to be one of the Ford engineeers who helped to design the transmissions in our cars, where he stated that some shift kits will actually do harm to our transmisions, and that his J-mod is actually better.

And BTW, sorry I couldn't make it there people. I woke up Sunday morning, and I felt lousy. So I went back to bed and I was in bed all day.

Marauder
10-25-2004, 07:30 AM
You missed a fun time. Hope you're feeling better.

BillyGman
10-25-2004, 11:09 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6466&page=2&pp=15&highlight=J-mod

above ^ is a link to a thread that explains the J-mod. And below is a link to an article about it w/many pics.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/shiftybusiness.html

troopcar
10-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Had fun at the meet Saturday. But the drive there and back was exhausting . . . just kidding.

We managed to make a little noise at Bennigans and the Marauders definitely dressed up their parking lot.

One guy stopped by who is interested in getting a Marauder. Then an unfamiliar Marauder pulled into the driveway and disappeared. We couldn't figure out where it went, since the driver clearly saw us. We were wondering why he didn't stop by. A short time later the owner stopped by in his company vehicle (not the Marauder). Turns out he works in the area, and he had to park the Marauder at his office. Nice meeting you, John.

I posted some pics of the meet, if anyone's interested!

troopcar

nexstar7
10-25-2004, 05:34 PM
thanks for the test drive , what a feeling. i spoke to a-train and jerry . there doing mine next saturday :D yo marauder, you left a patch about 20' long at the parking lot. :D me thinks i smoked them too. :D

Krytin
10-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah Ralph - following you guys out of the lot was a real PITA! LOL I had to scrape the rubber off my front plate when I got home!

PhkinQk
10-26-2004, 06:13 AM
Thanks Billy, the MM thread was interesting albeit confusing.

The TCCOA thread is saying it's for the older '94 - '97 4R70W Thunderbird tranny's will it<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> still totally apply totally to us? I'll be taking car to a tranny shop, I don't have the time/patients/room to do this myself so are there additional/different things to tell the shop guy from what the TCCOA print out says?

Thanks for your help, as always....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6466&page=2&pp=15&highlight=J-mod

above ^ is a link to a thread that explains the J-mod. And below is a link to an article about it w/many pics.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/shiftybusiness.html

Marauder
10-26-2004, 07:16 AM
thanks for the test drive , what a feeling. i spoke to a-train and jerry . there doing mine next saturday :D yo marauder, you left a patch about 20' long at the parking lot. :D me thinks i smoked them too. :D

Hehehehehe....I think you guys only stood still...I only stood still for a like 2 seconds then just left 2 smoky patches like 20 feet long... :D

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

BillyGman
10-26-2004, 11:15 AM
<B><FONT color=blue>Thanks Billy, the MM thread was interesting albeit confusing.

<FONT color=#0000ff>The TCCOA thread is saying it's for the older '94 - '97 4R70W Thunderbird tranny's will itffice:office" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p></FONT> still <U>totally</U> apply totally to us? I'll be taking car to a tranny shop, I don't have the time/patients/room to do this myself so are there additional/different things to tell the shop guy from what the TCCOA print out says?</FONT></B></P><P style=
Thanks for your help, as always....

Yes, all that info still applies to our transmissions too. I believe that this transmission was beefed-up a little bit by the facory in 98, but it's still the same basic design as that of those T-Birds.

Krytin
10-26-2004, 02:55 PM
The upgrade came in '99 - search the "Garage" Forum for "J - mod update". The first post pretty much sez it all.

nexstar7
10-26-2004, 05:22 PM
beleive it or not . that was the first time i smoked my tires. i was shocked my self. sorry about the rubber :-------------
-------------- :burnout:

Marauder
10-26-2004, 06:09 PM
beleive it or not . that was the first time i smoked my tires. i was shocked my self. sorry about the rubber :-------------
-------------- :burnout:

Same here....felt goooooooooooooooooood.

jaywish
10-27-2004, 09:37 AM

jaywish
10-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Just wanted to say that it was fun meeting/seeing you folks. It was a shame I had to cut out early.

I really was looking foward to seeing who ate (or drank) their lunch. I must say the beer appeared a little salty for my taste.

I even missed the burnouts. DANG

Jay

John F. Russo
10-27-2004, 11:12 AM

For the less knowledgeable, what is a J-Mod?

nexstar7
10-27-2004, 05:47 PM
its a tranny performance enhancement---------------- :burnout:

Krytin
10-27-2004, 07:36 PM
For the less knowledgeable, what is a J-Mod?
John - go back to post #42 or 43 in this thread, I think Billy posted two links that should explain everything!

Krytin
10-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Had fun at the meet Saturday. But the drive there and back was exhausting . . . just kidding.

We managed to make a little noise at Bennigans and the Marauders definitely dressed up their parking lot.

One guy stopped by who is interested in getting a Marauder. Then an unfamiliar Marauder pulled into the driveway and disappeared. We couldn't figure out where it went, since the driver clearly saw us. We were wondering why he didn't stop by. A short time later the owner stopped by in his company vehicle (not the Marauder). Turns out he works in the area, and he had to park the Marauder at his office. Nice meeting you, John.

I posted some pics of the meet, if anyone's interested!

troopcar

The pictures look great! Thanks again troopcar!

John F. Russo
10-28-2004, 01:00 PM
John - go back to post #42 or 43 in this thread, I think Billy posted two links that should explain everything!

Thanks for the info.

It was exactly what I was looking for!