PDA

View Full Version : Mach 1 Procharger

merc
10-17-2004, 12:10 PM
I was able to find some pictures and information about a Procharger installation. One of the pony boys is doing install. Although this may not be exactly the same installation for the Marauder; I feel that some of the arguments are similar.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25307

woaface
10-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Procharger has a conversion kit for the Cobra. It was in MM&FF a few months back. Maybe even last month.

BillyGman
10-17-2004, 01:59 PM
I was able to find some pictures and information about a Procharger installation. One of the pony boys is doing install. Although this may not be exactly the same installation for the Marauder; I feel that some of the arguments are similar.

Thanks for that link merc. I just read that thread, and it was very revealing. I have no interest in a centrifugal S/Cer for street use, but I do try to follow this stuff atleast to a certain extent since I like the idea of S/Cing in general because I'm so happy w/the S/Cer I have on my car. In that thread that you've provided a link to, I noticed how many hassles that this guy is having trying to make the procharger kit work. That doesn't put the procharger itself in question, but the kit that he is trying to use IS in question. I don't know why anyone would ever want to mess around w/trying to install a S/Cer kit on their car (be it a Marauder or not) IF the kit in question isn't designed specifically for the same model car as their's. Because when you do that, you're going to run into some major headaches just like this guy is.

It's for that reason why I try to tell people on here to stay with S/Cer kits that have been designed specifically for the Marauder, such as the Trilogy kit, or the Reinhart kit (depending on whetehr you prefer a roots, or centrifugal design). W/those two S/Cer kits, you're not going to run into the hassles that this guy is having. And the installation will be clean and straight-forward. Why on earth would anyone want to become their own fabricator and engineer by having to alter a S/Cer kit just to get it to work on their car, when there are already other S/Cer kits that wouldn't require that at all?

BillyGman
10-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Procharger has a conversion kit for the Cobra. It was in MM&FF a few months back. Maybe even last month.
But what years Cobra was that conversion kit for? If it was for the 03, and 04 years, then it isn't going to work with the earlier non-supercharged Cobras, and it also wouldn't work with a Marauder. I just want topoint that out for those who might be contemplating this for their Marauder.

Petrograde
10-17-2004, 02:28 PM
...snip... Why on earth would anyone want to become their own fabricator and engineer by having to alter a S/Cer kit just to get it to work on their car, when there are already other S/Cer kits that wouldn't require that at all?...snip...

aww c'mon Billy... for the challenge! To have something nobody else has!

Also,.. I think that's something we all have in common: We wanted something different. If that wasn't the case,.. We'd all be driving Mustangs.

I gave some thought to a twin turbo system, mostly because there are none out there. (that I know of)

BillyGman
10-17-2004, 02:40 PM
aww c'mon Billy... for the challenge! To have something nobody else has!

Also,.. I think that's something we all have in common: We wanted something different. If that wasn't the case,.. We'd all be driving Mustangs.

I gave some thought to a twin turbo system, mostly because there are none out there. (that I know of)Saying that you've been thinking about turbocharging your Marauder is one thing. Doing it is another. When you do it, then let us know. I hope you have alot more time and $$ than I've spent on my Marauder, because you're gonna need it if that's what you plan on doing to your car.

As far as your comment on the "challenge" of using the wrong S/Cer kit for your car, let me see you take on the "challenge" of installing a S/Cer kit that IS designed for a Marauder, let alone installing one that isn't, and then talk. I mean no disrespect to you at all. But you obviously have not installed a S/Cer kit on a Marauder to be saying such things. For instance, the Trilogy S/Cer kit can be installed by most mechanically inclined people, and w/out any special tools other than perhaps a dremel tool (that's what I used to drill two holes in a tight spot). But it was a big job since it was quite time consuming to perform mostly by myself. I believe that even the pros often double team such jobs as S/Cer installations.

But like I've written before concerning this matter, you want to talk to someone who has installed a S/Cer kit that was NOT designed for a Marauder? Then talk to Jeff (aka "Effster"). And he will tell you what a major hassle he had. And BTW, Jeff IS a professional auto mechanic(and a great guy I might add). So go ahead, if you're going to install a S/Cer kit that isn't for your car, then I want to see you do it. Actions speak louder than words my friend. Otherwise you might be unintentonally misleading people here w/the comments you've made in your post. And that's what concerns me, since I'm here to help others and to learn from them as well.

Dennis Reinhart
10-17-2004, 02:50 PM

Here is a comparison of the two kits

03 Mach1 470 RWHP We finished this for Andy Shaw Ford several months back.
The car was brand new. We installed a Vortech S. Trim with after cooler with an AFPP 03 Cobra gas tank and twin fuel pumps.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhart...ullview.jpg.jpg

Here is a shot of the engine compartment.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1079750615-frontengmach1.jpg

This car had the Mach 1 Stereo in the trunk so I did not want to relocate the battery to the trunk, this has to be done if you put the water reservoir under the hood in the OEM battery spot, so we used a custom setup and hid it in the left front vendor well.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1079748182-mach1res.jpg.jpg

With the inner fender well liner in place the water reservoir cannot be seen at all.
We strapped the car on the Dyno. For our first pull to 5k to make sure we had enough fuel on the second pull the car made. 455.6 RWHP and 408.9RWTQ with an 11.0/11.5 AF, I feel this is a bit much so I pulled three degrees of timing and the next pull it made 465.4 RWHP and 441.4 RWTQ. So I pulled three degrees more, and the car made a finale number of 471 RWHP and 411 RWTQ with a total of 14 degrees timing, the car has LTH and X pipe.
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhart...thxpipe.jpg.JPG

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhart...mach457rwhp.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhart...mach470rwhp.jpg

BillyGman
10-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Dennis, for some reason none of those links that you've provided are working for me, so I don't know if it's simply my software. As far as the installation of your VORTECH kit into a Mach I car goes, did you have to alter anything in your Marauder kit to make it work on a mach I? If not, then why do you think it is that the perdon in the thread that merc has provided a link to is having such a tough time w/installing the Procharger kit in his mach I???

Dennis Reinhart
10-17-2004, 03:17 PM
But what years Cobra was that conversion kit for? If it was for the 03, and 04 years, then it isn't going to work with the earlier non-supercharged Cobras, and it also wouldn't work with a Marauder. I just want topoint that out for those who might be contemplating this for their Marauder.

I have sold several of these procharger conversion kits, again there are those that like roots, but the Pocharger F1A conversion kit for the 03/04 Cobra is a Very good kit, with a injector upgrade and Maf and fuel pump these cars are making almost 700 to the tires. I was going to use a Vortech JT Trim on my car now I am going to use a F1A just to be different. I will use a water to air after cooler on my car I will post some pictures this week of the new motor.

maraudernkc
10-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Gman, I am with you I would not want to install any S/C unless it was application specific.

Saying that you've been thinking about turbocharging your Marauder is one thing. Doing it is another. When you do it, then let us know. I hope you have alot more time and $$ than I've spent on my Marauder, because you're gonna need it if that's what you plan on doing to your car.

As far as your comment on the "challenge" of using the wrong S/Cer kit for your car, let me see you take on the "challenge" of installing a S/Cer kit that IS designed for a Marauder, let alone installing one that isn't, and then talk. I mean no disrespect to you at all. But you obviously have not installed a S/Cer kit on a Marauder to be saying such things. For instance, the Trilogy S/Cer kit can be installed by most mechanically inclined people, and w/out any special tools other than perhaps a dremel tool (that's what I used to drill two holes in a tight spot). But it was a big job since it was quite time consuming to perform mostly by myself. I believe that even the pros often double team such jobs as S/Cer installations.

But like I've written before concerning this matter, you want to talk to someone who has installed a S/Cer kit that was NOT designed for a Marauder? Then talk to Jeff (aka "Effster"). And he will tell you what a major hassle he had. And BTW, Jeff IS a professional auto mechanic(and a great guy I might add). So go ahead, if you're going to install a S/Cer kit that isn't for your car, then I want to see you do it. Actions speak louder than words my friend. Otherwise you might be unintentonally misleading people here w/the comments you've made in your post. And that's what concerns me, since I'm here to help others and to learn from them as well.

merc
10-17-2004, 03:41 PM
One of the selling points on the Procharger installation is cost and labor hours. Although the Mach 1 installation link I posted created questions on this process I believe they can be engineered and resolved. I am very interested in the outcome of this project. What keeps many N/A Marauders on the fence is cost. Dennis has proven to be a pioneer in developing performance parts for the panther platform and providing a valuable technical resource for this board. I don’t agree with all of Dennis’s views but I respect his dedication and support for this site. The bottom line is reliability, price, and service. Most members will travel long distances for these three qualities.

stevengerard
10-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Some folks have plenty of money to throw at a car, others have time. I don't have either so if it doesn't come in a kit form it isn't for me, heck I feel blesssed knowing I can buy a kit in the first place. But heck if someone wants to spend a year trying to install something crazy themselves or build a new kit then more power to them. Its all a matter of priorities.

40 years and 400 posts all in the same month.

BillyGman
10-17-2004, 04:51 PM
I have sold several of these procharger conversion kits, again there are those that like roots, but the Pocharger F1A conversion kit for the 03/04 Cobra is a Very good kit, with a injector upgrade and Maf and fuel pump these cars are making almost 700 to the tires. I was going to use a Vortech JT Trim on my car now I am going to use a F1A just to be different. I will use a water to air after cooler on my car I will post some pictures this week of the new motor.
Dennis, thanks for your reply, but you didn't exactly answer my question.I'm not questioning the Procharger at all. I'm speaking of the kits. I'm trying to understand why it is that mach I owners are having to alter S/cer kits and perform fabrications and alterations to the brackets of the procharger kits in order to get them to work on their new mach I cars. So that'a why I'm asking you if your Vortech Marauder kit is different than the Mach I installation, and if it had to be altered to fit the mach I..

Dennis Reinhart
10-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Dennis, thanks for your reply, but you didn't exactly answer my question.I'm not questioning the Procharger at all. I'm speaking of the kits. I'm trying to understand why it is that mach I owners are having to alter S/cer kits and perform fabrications and alterations to the brackets of the procharger kits in order to get them to work on their new mach I cars. So that'a why I'm asking you if your Vortech Marauder kit is different than the Mach I installation, and if it had to be altered to fit the mach I..

Billy I have never done a procharger kit on a Mach 1 it may be that there is no kit for the Mach 1 and there using a 01 Cobra kit and it would req some tweaking