PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #54 installed

Tallboy
10-17-2004, 05:11 PM
the blower is on!!! first things first...

thanks to trilogy and jerry barnes for putting together the most comprehensive kit i've ever seen. it comes with injectors, brackets, hoses, clamps, nuts, bolts, etc. there are color photos of each part. the hoses are numbered. i cannot convey the attention paid to details by trilogy. the powder-coated parts are show quality. my standards and expectations were high, and trilogy hit it out of the park.

the best kit in the world is worthless without proper installation. carfixer performed a first-class, flawless installation. his attention to details are unmatched-the routing of hoses and cables, even the way the hose clamps face, cannot be distinguished from the factory parts. no leaks, rattles,check engine lights. nothing. he installed the autometer boost guage [included in the kit] on the a-pillar-there is not a wire or fitting in sight. he took the time to document his work with pictures, which he downloaded to a cd for me. [he used a g-tech procomp to establish before/after times. in stock form, the car ran a best 0-60 time of 7.526 seconds. when i picked it up, he walked me through every phase of the installation. i cannot say enough about this guy.

the car has been completely transformed. punch it from a dead stop and the back tires are helpless. passers-by will barely be able to see the maniacal grin on your face through the cloud of tire smoke. full-throttle launches don't work. the rear tires are overpowered at anything over half throttle. even with a severe loss of traction, the car will do a 0-60 time of 5.355, and that's letting the trans shift itself. if you take off the o/d and shift it yourself, it feels even faster to me [we did not time it in this fashion] and the car will spin the tires on the 1-2 upshift. these times were with carfixer's g-tech, and he printed them out for me. no exhaust mods. no trans upgrades. stock 3:55 gears. the power delivery is seamless and is there in any gear at any speed. the whine of the supercharger is addicting. [i didn't spend 6 grand to feel the difference some of the time.]

if you've been on the fence about supercharging, and if it is within your budget by any means, do it. spend the money. you won't be sorry. thank you trilogy, thank you carfixer. now i know what the dog feels when the leash breaks.:up:

MARAUDER S/C #5
10-17-2004, 05:16 PM
CONGRATULATIONS:burn: ENJOY:up:

BillyGman
10-17-2004, 06:35 PM

the car has been completely transformed. punch it from a dead stop and the back tires are helpless. passers-by will barely be able to see the maniacal grin on your face through the cloud of tire smoke.LOL...your reaction reminds me of my first day w/my new Trilogized car!! It was a 50 degree day, and I passed by my friend's house and with the factory stock tires I left a 120 foot strip of rubber w/out even using the brake pedal!! full-throttle launches don't work.Nope, not on the street they won't, but with the drag radials they will IF you're at the track w/all of that traction compound they spread around. the rear tires are overpowered at anything over half throttle. even with a severe loss of traction, the car will do a 0-60 time of 5.355, and that's letting the trans shift itself. if you take off the o/d and shift it yourself, it feels even faster to me [we did not time it in this fashion] and the car will spin the tires on the 1-2 upshift. these times were with carfixer's g-tech, and he printed them out for me. no exhaust mods. no trans upgrades. stock 3:55 gears. the power delivery is seamless and is there in any gear at any speed. the whine of the supercharger is addicting. [i didn't spend 6 grand to feel the difference some of the time.]
Congratulations!! Now U know why I'm so enthusiastic about this modificatioin. Nothing else available that I've done to my car even comes close!! But now U know that too. :banana2:

carfixer
10-17-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm glad your satisfied with my workmanship. I take a lot of pride in making sure things are done right the first time. I have to give credit to Trilogy for the kit they put together, it makes an installer look real good. Again, the kit was 100% complete and everything fit perfectly.
See you in Bradenton on Nov 20th to see what she'll do on a prepped track.

BillyGman
10-17-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm glad your satisfied with my workmanship. I take a lot of pride in making sure things are done right the first time. I have to give credit to Trilogy for the kit they put together, it makes an installer look real good. Again, the kit was 100% complete and everything fit perfectly.

I know exactly what u mean!!! The kit is great, and both the kit and especially the Trilogy installation manual is an installer's DREAM!!! I just was barely able to raise the money for the S/Cer kit, and there was no way I would have the money for labor charges for the installation. I was also a bit intimidated by the mere thought of installing a S/Cer kit myself. But that was until I saw a PDF file of the Trilogy installation manual for myself. Once I saw how specific it is, and how many color step-by-step photographs it has, I knew that I could handle the installation despite having never installed a S/Cer before. It was time consuming for me, but I did it w/out any major problems. Great kit, and a fantastic installation manual!!!!

MMSuperFan
10-18-2004, 05:30 AM
Congratulations, Tallboy!!

Glad you got it installed and are one happy MM owner!!

Kit #55 is due to arrive in my garage sometime around Monday of next week....install to follow.

:burnout:

Tallboy
10-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Congratulations, Tallboy!!

Glad you got it installed and are one happy MM owner!!:burnout:

Kit #55 is due to arrive in my garage sometime around Monday of next week....install to follow.

:burnout:
i promise you'll be impressed. you can spend hours just unpacking. the supercharger unit comes in a seperate box, and has enough packing material around it you could throw it off the roof of your house and it wouldn't get damaged. the second box is huge and contains all the other components. remember, it's not how much you pay, it's what you get in return. this kit is a bargain. you'll see...:burnout:

martyo
10-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Awesome! Another blown Marauder. We are truly the fast fatties!!!!

Marauderman
10-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Awesome! Another blown Marauder. We are truly the fast fatties!!!!
..yeah ...the phrase "get BLOWN" truely has meaning more and more!!!! :banana: :banana2:

Jerry Barnes
10-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Tallboy,

I am very happy to see your are enjoying your new car. And yes, Claude's work has been outstanding. I can't tell you how happy, we at Trilogy are, that Claude is helping all of the folks in the South Florida area. It means a lot to use to know that customers can get that level of service after all of the work we put into the kit.

I need to take a minute to once again thank all of the guys and gals on our staff and our partners for doing such a great job on Designing, Engineering, Testing and Delivering our kits to our customers. People like Michal, Ben, Mirek, and Chenna in Engineering. Donna in Accounting. Renata in Shipping. Lidio for all of his support in doing a great job of tuning. Doug and Ken at American Tool for Manufacturing. Our friends at Ford Racing like Hank Dertian and Jamie Allison. The "God Father" Steve Babcock. The list goes on and on.

I can tell you that it was not a small job to develop this kit and all of us at Trilogy can't express how happy we are that people have enjoyed the fruits of our labor as much as you folks!

Things have been pretty crappy in Detroit lately and notes like yours, Billy, Dave, Slim, Mike, etc. really help pick our spirits up! This has been a great project and we are trying to make all of you life long Trilogy customers. I hope we are succeeding!

It is notes like yours that really give us encouragement for our F150 and 2005 Mustang Supercharger Kits. F150 will be on our truck in about a month and the new Mustang will be at the Detroit Autorama Show in the first quarter of next year.

Enjoy yourself and be safe!!!!!

Sincerely,

Jerry

Tallboy
10-21-2004, 12:36 PM
thanks jerry! it was posts from billy, dave, slim, and mike that i researched while supercharger shopping, and even though i've never met them, they helped me a lot. a trilogy customer for life? absolutely! keep us up-to-date on the lightning and mustang, as a 2005 mustang is likely to join "car 54" in the garage next year...:up:

maraudernkc
10-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Congrats. on you Super Charger. Another blown MM.

thanks to trilogy and jerry barnes for putting together the most comprehensive kit i've ever seen. it comes with injectors, brackets, hoses, clamps, nuts, bolts, etc. there are color photos of each part. the hoses are numbered. i cannot convey the attention paid to details by trilogy. the powder-coated parts are show quality. my standards and expectations were high, and trilogy hit it out of the park.

the best kit in the world is worthless without proper installation. carfixer performed a first-class, flawless installation. his attention to details are unmatched-the routing of hoses and cables, even the way the hose clamps face, cannot be distinguished from the factory parts. no leaks, rattles,check engine lights. nothing. he installed the autometer boost guage [included in the kit] on the a-pillar-there is not a wire or fitting in sight. he took the time to document his work with pictures, which he downloaded to a cd for me. [he used a g-tech procomp to establish before/after times. in stock form, the car ran a best 0-60 time of 7.526 seconds. when i picked it up, he walked me through every phase of the installation. i cannot say enough about this guy.

the car has been completely transformed. punch it from a dead stop and the back tires are helpless. passers-by will barely be able to see the maniacal grin on your face through the cloud of tire smoke. full-throttle launches don't work. the rear tires are overpowered at anything over half throttle. even with a severe loss of traction, the car will do a 0-60 time of 5.355, and that's letting the trans shift itself. if you take off the o/d and shift it yourself, it feels even faster to me [we did not time it in this fashion] and the car will spin the tires on the 1-2 upshift. these times were with carfixer's g-tech, and he printed them out for me. no exhaust mods. no trans upgrades. stock 3:55 gears. the power delivery is seamless and is there in any gear at any speed. the whine of the supercharger is addicting. [i didn't spend 6 grand to feel the difference some of the time.]

if you've been on the fence about supercharging, and if it is within your budget by any means, do it. spend the money. you won't be sorry. thank you trilogy, thank you carfixer. now i know what the dog feels when the leash breaks.:up:

lotusstv
10-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Tallboy,

Welcome to the Trilogy Club! There is nothing like that immediate, brute force that the Trilogy kit delivers. Enjoy!

Lotusstv

Tallboy
10-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Tallboy,

Welcome to the Trilogy Club! There is nothing like that immediate, brute force that the Trilogy kit delivers. Enjoy!

Lotusstv
thanks lotusstv! i gave the sunshine state marauder members a little "demonstration" of the trilogy power friday night. it is my opinion they were impressed.:burnout:

lotusstv
10-23-2004, 05:51 AM
Tallboy,

I could not make it Friday nite but i usually show up. It is a nice group. The 'Demo' always goes over big for those who have not seen a Trilogy car in action. The look on their faces is the best part.

Lotusstv

thanks lotusstv! i gave the sunshine state marauder members a little "demonstration" of the trilogy power friday night. it is my opinion they were impressed.:burnout: