PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Meets and such

Eric91Z
10-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Well, I know this is quite a ways down the road, but I was wondering if there has been any talk of meets or get-togethers for 2005 yet? I don't live in the area and don't own a Marauder - yet, but the wife and I are kicking around travel plans for next year to check out some cars. We want to do a Marauder get together and a Porsche get together to check out the cars we are looking at getting.

Anyway, looking for anything from July on as right now we have a tentative due date for a new little one of mid-June!!!!! That has been one thing that "had to get taken care of" before I get a new vehicle. Then we can figure out things from there, but we still want a chance to get together with other owners and check out the cars and people. And of the regional lists, this one is closest to us here in Central Iowa.

So, anything on the board yet?

Bluerauder
10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Well, I know this is quite a ways down the road, but I was wondering if there has been any talk of meets or get-togethers for 2005 yet? I don't live in the area and don't own a Marauder - yet, but the wife and I are kicking around travel plans for next year to check out some cars. We want to do a Marauder get together and a Porsche get together to check out the cars we are looking at getting.

Anyway, looking for anything from July on as right now we have a tentative due date for a new little one of mid-June!!!!! That has been one thing that "had to get taken care of" before I get a new vehicle. Then we can figure out things from there, but we still want a chance to get together with other owners and check out the cars and people. And of the regional lists, this one is closest to us here in Central Iowa.

So, anything on the board yet?
Eric,
The big event will probably be Marauderville III. However, the date, time and location has not been set and probably won't even be discussed until 2 January 2005. This year's gathering was in Indianapolis during the last week of July 2004. The year before, it was held in Ennis, TX. There are forums and threads devoted to MV II with lots of recaps and pics to whet your appetite. Many local groups try to meet monthly. :)

Good luck on the new arrival and the planned MM. :D

Eric91Z
10-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the input. I didn't even think about that. I will watch the forums for future information on MV III.

What were the numbers from MV II?

Bluerauder
10-19-2004, 05:27 PM
I will watch the forums for future information on MV III.

What were the numbers from MV II?
Seems to me that there were about 65 Marauders and about 100 folks representing the MM.Net. Clicky here ====> MV II Forum and Threads (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41) for info from the Indy event. :D

CRUZTAKER
10-19-2004, 05:31 PM
An Eastern Regional (sub) Meet WILL HAPPEN again at my place!

See the gallery for 2003-2004 Eastern Regional Meet pics of our last two events, Hershey, and Cleveland.

And this time, we raise some commotion!

Eric91Z
10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I have been checking in the MK II forum and reading those threads and checking out pictures from the meet. That would have been cool to go there and hit a trip to Kenny Brown while we are there.

My Godfather lives in Indy and would have been a place to stay. We stay with him when we have gone out there for the Indy 500. One of the last times we went, we drove my '93 Camaro Z28 out there and had some work done at Kenny Brown. That was pretty cool.

Eric91Z
10-19-2004, 05:35 PM
A Eastern meet would be cool. We talked about trying to make it to Hershey, PA in June for the 50th Anniversary Porsche meet, but it will be too close to the due date of the new kid!!!!

Bigdogjim
10-19-2004, 05:45 PM
An Eastern Regional (sub) Meet WILL HAPPEN again at my place!

See the gallery for 2003-2004 Eastern Regional Meet pics of our last two events, Hershey, and Cleveland.

And this time, we raise some commotion!

If you do nothing else attend this meet! The best party anywhere! :burnout:

GordonB
10-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Eric91z,
You might want to think about the Woodward Dream Cruise, about the third weekend or so in August next year. Also, Chicago is planning a similar event like the Woodward Cruise.
Word of caution: you may want to check before taking your Porsche. Typically, the Cruises are Traditional American Iron only. No rice and no European stuff. Don't take this as a putdown, but only as a word of caution and friendly advice.
On the other hand, the parts catalog people, Mid America Motorworks -- Corvette, Porsche, and VW put on various FUNFESTS in Effingham, Illinois long about July & August. Check them out at: www.mamotorworks.com and do a search on Funfest. They also have Swapfests -- no you can't swap your wife for a different car!!! But ... she may want to swap you!!!! Just kidding!!!

GordonB

bigslim
10-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Here in the Motor City all cars are welcome to cruise in the "Woodward Dream Cruise".

Eric91Z
10-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Yes, we had been looking at the MAM even in early June for Porsche owners, but that time frame does not work for the wife. Our new "addition" will be due sometime around June 20th and she does not want to get caught out of town that close to the due date.

I just don't understand that... ;)