PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy equipped cars

Tallboy
10-21-2004, 03:35 PM
i'm curious as to how many trilogy customers are active on this site. what kit# are you and when was your install? did you do the install yourself? obviously, i'm #54 and carfixer installed the kit on 10/16/04. how 'bout you?

MARAUDER S/C #5
10-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Alternative Auto did my install on 9/15-16/03

MarauderMike
10-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Trilogy #34, self installed July 4th weekend. Going strong!

Roger D
10-21-2004, 05:40 PM
AA did my install June 28th - 30th this summer - not sure of the kit number - but it must be close to MarauderMike's #34.

Roger D

FiveO
10-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Trilogy #48 installed by Lidio's crew. I left the shop about Sept. 10th of 2004.

Its been a blissful 6 weeks! :D

Nathan
10-21-2004, 06:41 PM
#3: AA install in September 2003.

MI2QWK4U
10-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Mine was the first Trilogy Kit that was installed. It was one of the first few that were the Highly Polished and Custom Engraved. If I recall, they only did 5 sets like this one, thanks Jerry! Mine is Trilogy Kit #2, Kit #1 isnt engraved and was the prototype that was installed Trilogy #1 to this day. Lidio installed mine in August of 2003, and it has been running strong ever since. This is the single best thing you could do to your Marauder, its a brutal, hard charging, asphalt burning, **** kicking, son of a beyotch, and I love it!

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252dave16.jpg

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252dave15.jpg

Here is the link to my gallery where there are some install pictures...LINKY (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/page/12/sort/1/perpage/12/ppuser/252)

BillyGman
10-22-2004, 01:11 AM
My car got Trilogy S/Cer kit #24 installed in it by myself in late March of this year. I have 7,500 Miles on the car now since the installation, which includes some hard daily driving, and a day at the dragstrip in New Jersey back in June, and I have no complaints at all. The car moves like it has a genuine late 60's big block engine under the hood. Mucho low-end torque, as well as a lot more mid-range and top end power too. Even with the 4.56 gears my car has in the rear end, the car still moves a lot better after 100 MPH than it did before the S/Cer installation. This S/Cer is simply excellent. What results it gives!! Even though the car is well mannered for the street and still serves as an excellent daily driver (which it is for me), it has so much more acceleration than it did, that it feels like a whole different car than it used to before the Trilogy S/Cer installation. This is by far the best thing I've ever done to my Marauder (or to any high performance car that I've owned for that matter).

lotusstv
10-22-2004, 05:56 AM
I have kit #13, self installed in Dec 2003. I have put approx 10,000 miles on the car since & am still loving it.

Lotusstv

MARAUDER S/C #5
10-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Mine was the first Trilogy Kit that was installed. It was one of the first few that were the Highly Polished and Custom Engraved. If I recall, they only did 5 sets like this one, thanks Jerry! Mine is Trilogy Kit #2, Kit #1 isnt engraved and was the prototype that was installed Trilogy #1 to this day. Lidio installed mine in August of 2003, and it has been running strong ever since. This is the single best thing you could do to your Marauder, its a brutal, hard charging, asphalt burning, **** kicking, son of a beyotch, and I love it!

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252dave16.jpg

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252dave15.jpg

Here is the link to my gallery where there are some install pictures...LINKY (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/page/12/sort/1/perpage/12/ppuser/252)Dave, is your intake the only one that says S/C MARAUDER and not MARAUDER S/C ? Also, if they only did 5 polished intakes that came with the kit at no extra cost I guess I got the last one.

Mine:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/503/495MINE.jpg

BillyGman
10-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Bill Bowker told me that the first 10 Trilogy customers were given that polished intake piece. However, in light of what Dave has stated, I'm not sure if that is the case. No big deal I guess. Those do look nice, but for the rest of use Trilogy customers that came along later, the polished intake was an expensive option, so I passed on that one..

FiveO
10-22-2004, 10:02 AM
mrogerc here at MM.net has Bill Bowkers Trilogy #9 and Bill put it on Mikes car for him after taking it off of his own.

I saw it...and its polished with the kit number engraved on it.

Mike is from Mpls. also.....we're planning a impromtu get together soon. He wants to see my Metco suspension stuff and feel it in action.

stevengerard
10-22-2004, 10:23 AM
wow, those look great, I guess the later ones aren't numbered. In all reality the numbers don't matter - well maybe to Jerry. I suppose its the same with KB cars the first signature cars being numbered probably means more than the numbered non signature ones. Just my thoughts.

MARAUDER S/C #5
10-22-2004, 02:35 PM
I thought it was the first 10 kits that got polished!

They came with polished coil covers also:
[/url]http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/503/495FINISHED2.jpg

The pic quality is not that good, sorry.
These are also just after install when I still had the tester coolant reservoir.
[url="http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/955/password/d42522bf37d36977821ec80e440be2 db/sort/1/cat/500/page/1"] (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/955/password/d42522bf37d36977821ec80e440be2 db/sort/1/cat/500/page/1)

Deebar
10-22-2004, 05:23 PM
#33 Installed at Alternative Auto 4 mos ago, (Thank God!!!).

mrogerc
10-22-2004, 06:16 PM
I can confirm, my kit is #9, and is polished with the serial number. Bill was even kind enough to pass on the special golf shirt that came with.

MARAUDER S/C #5
10-22-2004, 06:54 PM
NICE !! :2thumbs:

HotrodMerc
10-26-2004, 09:41 PM
MI2QK: what octane do you run with your 13.5 psi? I am interested because the highest readily avail. fuel we have in the area is 91. I drove a Trilogy'd '03 car owned by the dealer where i bought my '04 in March, which his mechanic said was running between 9-10 psi, and it pinged very slightly on the 91. So i wouldn't go with more than 9 psi in my area, because of the octane problem. The dealer said his car dyno'd at about 375 rwhp. Just curious what kind of fuel it took to work with the 13+ psi to make 450 hp/425 lb/ft. Thanks, HRM

BillyGman
10-26-2004, 10:54 PM
BTW, here's a direct quote from the article taken from the "Muscle Mustangs & fast Fords" magazine that one of the moderators here has put in a "sticky" thread titled "S/Cers for Dummies" in the "community" forum of this board:

"Today there is a huge number of blower kits available to Mustang and Lightning owners. The choices can be overwhelming, but we've found that picking the right blower requires nothing more than a little research on your part. The key to finding the best one for your combination is to select a unit that can supply the most efficient level of boost in the rpm range that you're building your engine for. In addition, consider the combination as a whole. For instance, heavier vehicles need more torque than lighter ones do and that's why the Eaton, Magnum Powers or Kenne Bell is the best choice for a 4,500-pound Lightning. But a Paxton, Powerdyne, Procharger, or Vortech may be the way to go for your 3,000-pound LX".

Let me remind you that the above words are NOT my words, they're the words of "MUSCLE MUSTANGS & FAST FORDS" magazine. So I guess all of us in this thread have made a wise choice for our 4,200-POUND Marauders by choosing the TRILOGY/EATON supercharger according to that magazine article. But then again, we already knew that anyway. Thanks Trilogy Motorsports!! :banana2: :banana2:

FiveO
10-27-2004, 05:13 AM
MI2QK: what octane do you run with your 13.5 psi? I am interested because the highest readily avail. fuel we have in the area is 91. I drove a Trilogy'd '03 car owned by the dealer where i bought my '04 in March, which his mechanic said was running between 9-10 psi, and it pinged very slightly on the 91. So i wouldn't go with more than 9 psi in my area, because of the octane problem. The dealer said his car dyno'd at about 375 rwhp. Just curious what kind of fuel it took to work with the 13+ psi to make 450 hp/425 lb/ft. Thanks, HRM
93 octane...exculsively.

Michigan has some great gas!

Tallboy
10-27-2004, 05:53 AM
BTW, here's a direct quote from the article taken from the "Muscle Mustangs & fast Fords" magazine that one of the moderators here has put in a "sticky" thread titled "S/Cers for Dummies" in the "community" forum of this board:

"Today there is a huge number of blower kits available to Mustang and Lightning owners. The choices can be overwhelming, but we've found that picking the right blower requires nothing more than a little research on your part. The key to finding the best one for your combination is to select a unit that can supply the most efficient level of boost in the rpm range that you're building your engine for. In addition, consider the combination as a whole. For instance, heavier vehicles need more torque than lighter ones do and that's why the Eaton, Magnum Powers or Kenne Bell is the best choice for a 4,500-pound Lightning. But a Paxton, Powerdyne, Procharger, or Vortech may be the way to go for your 3,000-pound LX".

Let me remind you that the above words are NOT my words, they're the words of "MUSCLE MUSTANGS & FAST FORDS" magazine. So I guess all of us in this thread have made a wise choice for our 4,200-POUND Marauders by choosing the TRILOGY/EATON supercharger according to that magazine article. But then again, we already knew that anyway. Thanks Trilogy Motorsports!! :banana2: :banana2:brilliant! all you have to do is read that [unbiased] article and you will know which supercharger you should buy for your marauder. trilogy's relationship with fomoco is apparent once you see the kit installed. most people who look at my car now think it came from the factory that way, until they see the boost gauge on the a-pillar...:)

mrogerc
10-27-2004, 06:36 PM
93 octane...exculsively.

Michigan has some great gas!

Hey, we in Minnesota do as well. We are lucky to have Holiday stores which ALWAYS have 93 octane pump. On my S/C Marauder, I never hear any ping on that sweet fuel.

On the other hand, if I get some 91, I have to switch my SCT flip chip to a setting that take out the torque converter lock below about 60, or I hear just a bit of singing. The other cool part of the flip chip is that I also have a true "low octane" setting, with about 6 degrees less spark and no torque lock, just in case I get bad gas

FiveO
10-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Hey, we in Minnesota do as well. We are lucky to have Holiday stores which ALWAYS have 93 octane pump. On my S/C Marauder, I never hear any ping on that sweet fuel.

On the other hand, if I get some 91, I have to switch my SCT flip chip to a setting that take out the torque converter lock below about 60, or I hear just a bit of singing. The other cool part of the flip chip is that I also have a true "low octane" setting, with about 6 degrees less spark and no torque lock, just in case I get bad gas

Yup.....I've got a Holiday in Faribault.

Lidio put in a "bad gas" flip chip and I've had to use it once. I had to put in some crappy 89....worked like a charm. No pinging at all.

Tallboy
10-27-2004, 06:45 PM
i guess i'm lucky-93 octane everywhere in south florida. amoco ultimate is my choice. the station i go to has a little window in the nozzle with and you can see the crystal-clear fuel going through it.:D

BillyGman
11-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Here in Connecticut there is no shortage of 93 octane gas either. Almost every gas station has 93 octane over here. So that's all I ever use in my Marauder. Infact I've always used 93 octane gasoline since the day that I bought it. There was one time when I used 92 octane which was in New Jersey on the way home from the dragstrip in Attco. They don't have 93 octane there so I didn't have any choice. That was after I Trilogized my car, but I didn't have any problems w/the 92 octane gas. But that's the only time I've ever used anything but 93 octane in my Marauder since I bought it. My theory is, why chance any engine knocking? especially when you drive your car hard like I do.

If I was worried about gas economy to the extent that I wasn't willing to pay for 93 octane gasoline, then I wouldn't have bought a 4,200 LB car w/a V8 engine under the hood in the first place. You just can't have it all. there are always trade-offs. but if I wasn't willing to compromise on gasoline octane when i first bought my Marauder, then I'm definately not going to now that the car is Supercharged. that would be crazy since pinging is the number one enemy to a S/Ced engine. But I've always used 93 octane, and I've never heard any pinging at any RPM or throttle position even in the summer time.