PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga area warning

Paul T. Casey
10-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to get a warning out about a certian Ford dealer on highway 153 in Chattanooga TN, right next to the Northgate Mall. I won't use their name, but here's the deal. I went down for an oil change this morning. Pulled in and told the service writer that I wanted the 5w-20 Motorcraft. It went fairly quick, and within a half hour I was paying at the window. As I read my bill, I noticed that some off brand 5w-30 was used. I made a big stink, and the writer agreed to put the Motorcraft oil in at no additional cost. Once again it went quick, a corrected reciept was given to me and off I went. I got to the car and found big greasy hand prints all over the door. No disposable mat use used on the floor, and the steering wheel is oily. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I expect a lot better when I go to a dealer. In the future, I will not give my business to this joint.

SilverStreak
10-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Paul,
There's nothing like the feeling of assurance that you get when a L/M or Ford dealer services your car. Right??
:mad2: I'd check the oil level Paul if you havn't already.
Good luck,
Darrell

Just wanted to get a warning out about a certian Ford dealer on highway 153 in Chattanooga TN, right next to the Northgate Mall. I won't use their name, but here's the deal. I went down for an oil change this morning. Pulled in and told the service writer that I wanted the 5w-20 Motorcraft. It went fairly quick, and within a half hour I was paying at the window. As I read my bill, I noticed that some off brand 5w-30 was used. I made a big stink, and the writer agreed to put the Motorcraft oil in at no additional cost. Once again it went quick, a corrected reciept was given to me and off I went. I got to the car and found big greasy hand prints all over the door. No disposable mat use used on the floor, and the steering wheel is oily. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I expect a lot better when I go to a dealer. In the future, I will not give my business to this joint.

Patrick
10-23-2004, 02:40 PM
I know exactly which one your talking about!!!! My brother in law had nothing but grief from them!!!! That service departmant is a joke!!!!

P.S. I still cant get thru on your cell!!!

jgc61sr2002
10-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Paul,
There's nothing like the feeling of assurance that you get when a L/M or Ford dealer services your car. Right??
:mad2: I'd check the oil level Paul if you havn't already.
Good luck,
Darrell

I always check the oil level after a dealer change. I even checked it before I drove my Marauder home from the dealer.

SergntMac
10-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm willing to bet you STILL have that 5W30 oil, they just fixed the reciept...

Just because they are licensed dealers doesn't make them good, or, honest.

RVT04
10-31-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm willing to bet you STILL have that 5W30 oil, they just fixed the reciept...

Just because they are licensed dealers doesn't make them good, or, honest.
i have purchased 5 cars from the lm dealer here and after several small but unacceptable service goofs i do not let them touch my cars anymore
only put five quarts in lindas marauder the first oil change
luckily i checked the dipstick before i moved it
but they had fired it up and brought it around for pickup
they broke the passenger door panel clip when they replaced the window motor
and i have not gotten that fixed yet
they don't have the wheel adapters for their alignment to do our marauder wheels
uh wrong air element in a friends mm
uh on and on and on...
oh yeah the last one broke the camels back
the driver door window was real slow to go up or sometimes not at all the service writer said "sure bring it in i will spray silicone on the track and slam the door a few times , that usually does it"

merc
10-31-2004, 09:14 AM
I had my oil changed at the dealer about 6 months ago and I thought everything was fine. About 30 minutes later I smelled burning oil. I stopped the car and raised the hood to find the oil cap was missing and I had engine oil everywhere. Needless to say I was at Defcon 5 and looking to unload premium leaded projectiles at their direction. The dealer cleaned my motor for free and gave me a coupon for a free oil change on my next visit. Not a bad ending but it makes me check everyone’s work always