PDA

View Full Version : probably just wasting time, MSR

blue92
10-26-2004, 12:26 PM
If any of you Marauder guys would like to learn more about your Marauders and how to improve your driving skills at the same time here is your chance. Bring your Marauders out MotorSport Ranch with us fordbastards Jan. 16th 2005. The cost is $100 bucks a participant.

I think any that take this driving instruction will be very glad they did, what you will learn about driving a road course will transfer over to your every day driving. I was a witness to a car accident last April that if the driver had gone to MSR on one of our "focus days" he wouldn't have wrecked his car that day.

Plus this is another chance for you Marauder guys to all get together. :D

jfclancy
10-26-2004, 02:26 PM
If any of you Marauder guys would like to learn more about your Marauders and how to improve your driving skills at the same time here is your chance. Bring your Marauders out MotorSport Ranch with us fordbastards Jan. 16th 2005. The cost is $100 bucks a participant.

I think any that take this driving instruction will be very glad they did, what you will learn about driving a road course will transfer over to your every day driving. I was a witness to a car accident last April that if the driver had gone to MSR on one of our "focus days" he wouldn't have wrecked his car that day.

Plus this is another chance for you Marauder guys to all get together. :D
Soo any of you straight line guys (1/4 Milers) interested?

Joe Clancy

MAD-3R's Wife
10-27-2004, 05:32 AM

Joe Clancy

I know Mad and I would be interested. If we have the money at that time. We need to get down there and get jobs first though.

RVT04
10-31-2004, 08:58 AM

Joe Clancy
i would love to push the mm thru some turns but haven't got a clue what will be going on in my life in january
where is this facility and what is the protocol for the track
less than 1/4 tank gas
what kind of tires/ passengers or no
rain checks for the bucks or what
and you can bet by january i will have more questions
hope it works out sounds like fun

BUCKWHEAT
10-31-2004, 10:32 AM
Great Idea. I think I am the only MM that has done this with the SHO guys. It was a ball and I can recommend it to all of us in the North Texas area. Dan, you can go since this is not racing, it is driving school.

The protocol is (or was) several 20 minute sessions on the track after instructions before hand and after a guided tour including instructions over the radio. Quality of instruction was excellent. You will need a helmet, either your drag helmet or rent one there. No special tires, just be sure your OEM or better are in good shape and that you have meat on the pads.

I ran the entire course in only first and second gear. I couldn't get over 80mph before the next turn. Session rules are that you can only pass on two straights, not in the turns, so you need enough motor to get around the guy (or girl, so plan to be embarrassed) in front of you. The condition of the track is excellent and the layout is such that you can only spin out onto grass. No tires or concrete to ruin the day. Worst case is you get muddy.

Maury, we need a social director to get a ten car turn out. The sessions are borken into two groups, the guys that know what they are doing, and guys like me. That way you won't feel like you are being pressed by the hot shoes.

Gentlemen, start your engines.