PDA

View Full Version : US Import - '04 needs Daytime Running Lights

Digital Man
10-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi all. I am fairly new to the Marauder scene. I was able to get my hands on a fully loaded '04 (when I say fully loaded I mean moon roof and heated seats) but had to get from the States. Unfortunately when they ship them down to the states they omitt the Daytime running light module :mad2: which is required in Canada. Thus I have to get one installed. Has anyone done this before? Can I get any mechanic to do it? Will this void my warranty? I suppose these are questions for Ford, but I thought I would check with you lot first. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GordonB
10-27-2004, 10:09 AM
To the best of my knowledge, Ford sels an accessory (kit?) for DRLs and yes, any competent Ford dealer should be able to install it for you. My educated time guess would be 1 labor hour.
Perhaps Carfixer will chime in and give you a real answer.
You could also contact THe Dealer (Ray Jermyn, Sr) at Northeast L-M, Plila, PA (see Supporting Vendors Forum) and get his parts price JUST for the part(s).

GordonB

jgc61sr2002
10-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Digital Man - Welcome aboard. As stated above FMC has a kit for the DRL's. You can check with Ray the dealer a supporting vendor of this site for the best price. Good luck with your new ride. :D

stevengerard
10-27-2004, 04:25 PM
I have an '04. Had my dealer do it, its not hard but for the $180 (or less) they charged, which included parts it was worth it. They work great.

CRUZTAKER
10-27-2004, 04:39 PM
:welcome:

The DTR wiring kit is really easy for a basic electrical project. Any dealer can do it as well.

I personally hate the DTR from the days gone by, as the DTR drivers here in the states never turn on their lights when it rains.....problem is....they see their headlights are on, but THEIR DAMN TAIL LIGHTS ARE STILL OFF! :argh:

I've seen DTR car at night with headlights, but no tail lights....stupid law....

stevengerard
10-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Good points Barry never thought of that. THough with the MM I kkep the lites on Auto so they go on when it gets dark enough anyway.

Bradley G
10-28-2004, 04:39 AM
I see people without Daytime running lamps driving in the rain and at nite without thier lights on, ALL The TIME .On the MM the lights go on with wipers?? If you leave the headlamp switch it on autolamp you don't have any problem as you stated.(provided they work) I love my DTR's and thier much safer than without.Besides I know they are responsible for at least .2 off ET.:D P. S. Welcome Newbie!!TE=CRUZTAKER]:welcome:

The DTR wiring kit is really easy for a basic electrical project. Any dealer can do it as well.

I personally hate the DTR from the days gone by, as the DTR drivers here in the states never turn on their lights when it rains.....problem is....they see their headlights are on, but THEIR DAMN TAIL LIGHTS ARE STILL OFF! :argh:

I've seen DTR car at night with headlights, but no tail lights....stupid law....[/QUOTE]

Adem
11-03-2004, 01:52 AM
:welcome:

I've seen DTR car at night with headlights, but no tail lights....stupid law....

With Daytimes you have low intensity dash lights. So if its dark enough outside to need rear lights... then it's dark enough that you need interior lights. I live in Canada and never see anyone driving with no tail lights and front headlights on. Unless its an old jalopy with tail lights that dont work anyway.

69marquis conv
11-03-2004, 03:33 AM
I seem to recall reading something about an integral [but user optional] daytime running light feature on my MM. I think it said to push the turn signal forward for the DTRL feature, maybe. I'm not sure exactly, and it is early in the day yet. Check the owner's manual and see.

Bradley G
11-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Vehicles sold in Canada are standard with DTR's, it's the Law!
I seem to recall reading something about an integral [but user optional] daytime running light feature on my MM. I think it said to push the turn signal forward for the DTRL feature, maybe. I'm not sure exactly, and it is early in the day yet. Check the owner's manual and see.

2005Marauder
11-03-2004, 11:39 AM
I did the Day-time running lights mod too. I really like it as it makes the MM stand out from the CV/GM crowd. I would have a dealer install.