PDA

View Full Version : St Thomas, Ontario Meet Scheduled!!! Please Read!!!

ChevSub89
01-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Hello All!!!!

My name is Dave and although I do not own a Marauder (would very much like to) I do want to extend an invitation to the 2003 St Thomas Auto Plant meet that is scheduled to take place this June. We held this meet last year and it was a complete success! We will be coupling the St Thomas meet with the Dearborn meet to view the 100th Anniversary of Ford, so please take the time now to click on the link below to be taken to our information page where you can read about the activities scheduled to take place and many more that we are contemplating. There is a lot of information there so make sure you browse the entire site.

I hope that I will be able to meet some of you at this event.

-Dave

http://www30.brinkster.com/dftaylor/cvn/index.html

JerseyVics
01-26-2003, 09:05 PM
See you there Dave!

I'm sure a lot of Marauder owners will come too!

--Russ:)

beemer
01-26-2003, 09:22 PM
This is well worth the trip. I went last year and will go again this year as well. A better time you can't have. Good people, good tour, drag racing armchair racing at the hotel, LOL I can't wait.

Paul :D

LincMercLover
01-26-2003, 09:31 PM
What's the NOTICE say on your dash? I can read "Use overdrive..." Nice car BTW!

Cooper
01-27-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
What's the NOTICE say on your dash? I can read "Use overdrive..." Nice car BTW!

Dave's car is a police interceptor. The notice says "Use overdrive during high speed persuit".

I'd also like to echo beemer's comments about last year's trip to the STAP. Careful planning and attention to detail before the trip started resulted in a very enjoyable experience for all who attended. This is an event that is well worth your participation. For MM owners; this is a fantastic opportunity to view the entire manufacturing process used to produce the car you drive! You can see a Marauder being made- from beginning with the unpainted galvanized steel parts, to the end when the car is driven off the assembly line. I would encourage anyone who can join us for this trip to do so.

Cable Guys P70 HPP
01-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Dave I`m going to try to come I`ll have to see what the money looks like I hope I can come ?............................: flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer:

MercCougarXR7
01-27-2003, 11:31 AM
I know that I'm pretty new here and that my word doesn't mean much - but last year's meet was great, and this year's can only be better with more stuff going on.

The factory where our CV's/GM's and MM's are made is an eye-opening experience into how our cars are built.

Drag racing at a local track was (and will be again) alot of fun, the more Panther's the better.

I hope to see some MM owners there along with the CVN guys. Maybe I'll have my MM by then too :).

LincMercLover
01-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Man, I know you've heard this before, but that is one bad ass GM! You may want to give LighteningVic a PM, he's looking to put 18's on his CV.

seabreeze
01-30-2003, 08:38 PM
It might be a neat change of pace, to go there for fun instead of work! I can't commit to it at this time, but I can recommend the area as having great folks and a lot of fun relatively close to the plant (spent five years working in and around that plant before and during Ford's re-tooling for the "modern" body style, 1987 - 91). Small town, College town, Bed & Breakfasts, Great Lakes fishing, drag racing, and usually a pretty good air show around that time every year within ten minutes of the plant! The annual bar-b-que cook-off in London around Dominion day ain't bad, either!

Scott