PDA

View Full Version : Missing Items / Mercury Response

DougKing77
01-26-2003, 07:09 PM
After attempting to get information from the service manager at my dealer, I contacted Mercury Assistance Headquarters about the items missing from my Marauder (remote brake release, alarm, fuel door release). The person I talked to was very helpful but admitted she did not know why these items were missing. She initially thought the missing items were options but I assured here that the only options available on a Marauder are a trunk organizer, moon roof and rear spoiler. I can see why Mercury dealers may be having problems getting information on these vehicles if Mercury headquarters is not fully aware of what these vehicles come standard with! To her credit, she offered to call back later that afternoon and did follow up. They still don’t have any additional information but said Mercury would contact me on Monday once they locate the correct person at the factory. According to her, Marauders are made in Canada. Some people on the board may already know this but I thought it was interesting. I will post Mercury’s response once I hear back from them. I did mention that there seems to be a dearth of information on these vehicles at the dealerships. My sales advisor was certain I had an alarm on my car but so far, I can’t get it to function (even with the procedure posted by several helpful members).
I am also posting pictures of the dash and door to show where the clock and fuel door release button SHOULD be but are not. I am also including a picture of the leather seats where there is what appears to be some sort of suede material on the side facing the center storage console. Do all Marauders have this as well? These differences between 2003 Marauders are very puzzling.

JohnnyB
01-26-2003, 07:19 PM
the material on the side of the seat is cloth. It's there to provide a cushion against the console as the power seat moves. I'm amazed that your car didn't come with the clock or remote fuel door release. When was it built. Are you sure they didn't sneak passed you some preproduction prototype.

I'd bring it back and ask for a new car... somebody at the factory ##### up... that car should never have been available for retail sale....

I thought quality is job #1 at Ford.....

JohnnyB
01-26-2003, 07:21 PM
Check the engine.... maybe they added a supercharger by mistake

RF Overlord
01-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Doug:

^^^what Johnny B said^^^

Mine has the little suede patches as well, and I do have a remote fuel filler door release and a clock.

I'm not aware of any of our cars having a factory alarm system per se; could the "alarm" you're referring to be the panic alarm? When you push a red button on the key-fob, the horn blows and ( I believe) the lights flash. The panther platform cars also have PATS (passive anti-theft system) which is not an alarm, but more of an ignition-kill, if you don't use the correct key to try and start the car.

One question for you...what is the remote brake release?

martyo
01-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Check the build date on the car. The 300 "B"s had some of these items deleted. The fine print in the Mercury literarture "allows" MERCURY to do this. The clock is supposed to be replaced with the clock in the radio. The fuel door release was taken out. The full-size spare was replaced with a space saver. This is supposed to make up for the cost of the Traction Control.

DougKing77
01-26-2003, 07:45 PM
I bought it Dec 30th. No one seems to know much about this car. It DOES have traction control, which I understand some cars do not have. Of all the items, the automatic brake release is what I really miss. I have a Mercury Grand Marquee and I became accustomed to backing it into the garage and having the brakes release when I drive out. I keep driving out of the garage with the parking brake engaged on the Marauder. I am hopeful Mercury can help the dealership install/fix the problems.

martyo
01-26-2003, 07:48 PM
RF, I think he meant automatic, not remote. Although my Bat Mobile had the remote brake release.

jgc61sr2002
01-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Doug The items you mention are all mid year changes by FMC. All 300B MM's that have traction control have # 1. Clock now in radio. # 2. No remote fuel door release (Also all GMs have the the remote fuel door deleated) . #3. No auto emergency brake release (who uses the emergency brake) #4. Don't know about the alarm. #5 Mini Spare. I am getting my MM delivered Monday it is a 300B and equipped as above. Did you really expect someone from FMC to know this? That is one of the problems with the sales of the MM no one especially the dealers know anything about the MM. The only item that disturbs me is the remote fuel door. Good luck with your new ride enjoy.:cool: John

DougKing77
01-26-2003, 07:52 PM
By automatic brake release, I mean the parking brake releases when you put it in drive. With regards to the alarm, my sales advisor told me if I locked the doors and closed them for 2 minutes, and then opened a door WITHOUT unlocking it through the remote, the horn should sound. I would also like to add a shock sensor as I want something to scare someone off should they attempt to break the glass. Right now, I can't get any response when I open the doors. Someone did mention shock sensors are present on earlier Crown Vic's. I gonna try to add one once I get everything straightened out with the car.

Directedby
01-26-2003, 08:12 PM
The MM that I recently saw, had Traction Control AND it DID have the clock and it DID have the fuel door release.

jgc61sr2002
01-26-2003, 08:21 PM
All the 300B MM's I checked ,about( 20 ) were equipped as I stated above. I don't know all the build dates by mine states it was built 01/03. I've been to about every dealer on Long Island and there are many. John:) :) :)

RF Overlord
01-26-2003, 08:22 PM
I swear it sounds like Marauders are like snowflakes...no two alike...

By the time directedby gets his, it'll have no subwoofer, no power seats, no tilt wheel, but it'll have all-wheel drive.

jefferson-mo
01-26-2003, 08:29 PM
I bet it'll have a pine tree air freshener(now optional) and WILL be faster than the almighty Sable:burnout:

:rasta:

RCSignals
01-26-2003, 08:48 PM
According to the order guide for the 300B cars, they should still have the stand alone clock, and automatic brake release.
Those items were deleted from the Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis

https://web.msslib2.dealerconnection.c om/RightSite/getcontent/myfile.pdf?DMW_OBJECTID=09000c 588032e873

No mention is made of "decontenting" the items as it is on the order guides for CV/GM

RF Overlord
01-26-2003, 08:51 PM
jefferson:

LOL!...

I hear the Sable is the most sought-after tuner car next to the Honda Civic...put 18" wheels and a 4" fart-pipe on it and you're good for 300 horse, easy...Hey Dennis, can I get a chip for my Sable? There's a couple of Lightnings around that need their a$$ kicked...

jgc61sr2002
01-26-2003, 08:59 PM
It was my understanding that the MM,GM and CV were all built on the same line at the factory. The items in question are the same for all three so when they are deleted from one they are deleted from all. The build sheet was probably printed before the changes. FMC as states in their brochure they can change standard equipment or pricing at any time without notice. John:( :(

RF Overlord
01-26-2003, 09:02 PM
RC:

The orderform on your link indeed shows a "clock-standalone", but doesn't show a remote gas tank filler door release. Also, the parking brake just says "Parking brake and Release", it doesn't specify automatic release...like I said in other posts, if the DEALER can't figure out what a Marauder is, maybe the assembly-line people can't either...it's just another black GM to them...

LincMercLover
01-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Hmm... just got done looking at the Mercury site. I'm puzzeled by these things:

At Build Your Marauder, the tires are said to be G-RATED! Do they mean G-Force?

At Build Your Marauder, Blue is still not a color option, BUT, Black with Flint is acceptable...

On Interior Features, hit the Audiophile Sound System. You'll see the radio displaying the clock in it's own face, not in the dash. However, click Floor-Mounted Shifter, and the clock is in the dash.

On Exterior Features, Mercury still claims the Marader only comes in black.

I'm curious, did you get a manual opening fuel door (little lip to put your finger in to open)? Cause if not, how'd you get your complimentary tank of gas?!?! :D

jgc61sr2002
01-26-2003, 09:06 PM
RF You got that right. John

FordNut
01-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I'm disappointed to hear that FOMOCO is getting "cheap" with some of their high-end products. The CV and GM have always been almost as loaded with options as the Lincolns. Ford did some similar downgrades to the Mustangs in 1990. The '89 had a remote gas door release and console armrest. The '90 had neither of these either as standard or options. The more I hear the happier I am that I got the earlier (300A) version. We want more, more, more, and Ford responds by stripping stuff off it!

RCSignals
01-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
RC:

The orderform on your link indeed shows a "clock-standalone", but doesn't show a remote gas tank filler door release. Also, the parking brake just says "Parking brake and Release", it doesn't specify automatic release...like I said in other posts, if the DEALER can't figure out what a Marauder is, maybe the assembly-line people can't either...it's just another black GM to them...

Yes but If I remember the earlier order guide just said "Parking brake and Release" too.

They do get mixed up on the assembly line. Remember the car that had a Grand Marquis tail light?

RF Overlord
01-26-2003, 09:43 PM
RC:

LOL!...I think that guy can lay claim to the "Most Unique" Grand Marauder...

Now if they'd only build one with a Sable light bar in the grille...

joflewbyu2
01-26-2003, 10:13 PM
I GOT ONE ANSWER !!!. The parking brake will not release in reverse, only foward gears. Also, as Mercury looks to cut all costs to make as much profit as possible and absorb some of the big incentives (up to $3,000) they will deleat items such as a stand alone clock, remote fuel release and full size spare as standard equipment.

RCSignals
01-26-2003, 10:22 PM
some older order guides

http://85merk.com/members/rcsignals/MM050102.pdf

http://85merk.com/members/rcsignals/MM140402.pdf

cyclone03
01-27-2003, 07:48 AM
Thing is removing the clock requires an all new trim piece.Which = new tooling=more cost to Ford.I could see them doing that only if all the later cars no longer had the in dash clock.
Fuel door release seems petty to me.Why would they delete it?Is the fuel door manual,with a little lip on the door?

Yes the auto brake release only works in drive,not reverse.Will it release in drive?

LincMercLover
01-27-2003, 08:41 AM
I don't think they'd re-tool for the clock delete, as I believe it's probably pre-assembled some place else.

As far as the parking brake goes, my LINCOLN's releases in R and D. So NAH! :P

bugsys03
01-27-2003, 06:04 PM
i think the 300A will be the car to have by the time they get done

WolfeBros
01-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Spoken like a true 300A owner........ I hope your right too.....:up:

Billatpro
01-27-2003, 06:25 PM
If there's no alarm on this thing, what's the blinking red light all about? (I know this one but do you)

Geo
01-27-2003, 09:06 PM
Are you saying that 300B Marauders cannot release the E-brake unless it is shifted intro R only? What ever happened to a manual-pull T-handle?

Indeed, it sounds like some Marauders differ from others more that they are supposed to. I think that is cool; this reminds me of the Mopars of the 70's minus the build quality issue. I still think the build quality is there on the Marauders but some options "are all over the place MAAAAN?!!!"

I used to think that in the 70's half the problems were the hooosh that the workers were smoking, but as I get older I realize that the hooosh never really went away, but ISO and procedure standards have become strenghtened making it difficult to screw up anything at the factories.

jgc61sr2002
01-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Geo You must pull the E-Brake by hand to release it ( does anyboby use the E-Brake) I never once used it on my 2000 GM and don't plan to use it on my MM 300B John:)

WolfeBros
01-27-2003, 09:32 PM
On the 300A the emergency brake releases automatically when you go to Drive. It does not release automatically in reverse. Have to use the manual release for that. (at least mine anyway) I tried it out today to check it because of this thread.

RF Overlord
01-28-2003, 07:15 AM
WolfeBros is correct, at least that's the way MINE works, too.

I use the e-brake because my driveway slopes a little and I want to keep the car's weight off the parking pawl. It's just become habit to step on it when I exit the vehicle.

Long Live #3
01-28-2003, 08:47 AM
The 300A model had the e-brake release, keypad alarm, and fuel door release. The 300B model doesn't have all that. I think they're options. You might want to e-mail Mercury just to make sure.

DougKing77
01-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Well,
I heard back from Mercury late Monday afternoon and they are still researching these issues for me. I thanked them for giving me an update. A short while later the dealer called and said they received in a new Marauder WITH the automatic brake release. They want me to drop mine by to see what is broken/missing in my car. This is better than what they originally told me. I think Mercury headquarters may have called them. Guess it go their attention.

Doug

jefferson-mo
01-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah Doug the people at the phone numbers you call are just college graduated 'puppets' and don't really know anything about the products but if any problems or negative feedback get to them the're trained to get to the 'right people' rught away. Then the big shot calls the dealer(which the dealer never wants to hear from them-customer service I mean) and then the dealer jumps into action--mostly because a follow-up call is REQUIRED......

sounds like they're hot on you case
;banana2:

mdmarauder
01-28-2003, 12:14 PM
This sounds like my Thunderbird ordeal.

I had a 1995 Thunderbird LX V8 and a 1995 Thunderbird SC both had courtesy lights in the doors and back pillars and a damped glove box.

I later traded my 95 LX for a 97 LX and noticed that Ford had deleated these items to save money. I was not happy. It seemed like it was the beginning of the cost-cutting.

JohnE
01-28-2003, 01:18 PM
My 2000 Grand Marquis (with all options) came without a fuel door release. Previous years had it and newer years had it again. My car has the dash clock. And my factory radio has a built-in clock; a minor modification of the wiring harness turns the feature on and off. My car has the C401 subwoofer connector run to the trunk, but no sub even offered as an option (Nor does my factory radio support it.) however it is powered with a 30amp fuse. I also have the auto-release parking brake, which I like. I paid extra for a full-sized spare, then discovered it was a steal rim (not a match to the HPP rims) The digital dash has average MPG, but Instantaneous MPG and Gallons Left were deleted.

Ford thinks that they can just delete a few items and people will not notice or complain. They have been doing this across their product lines. Removing things like map pockets. Basically items that you don't notice until you own the car. Then get very pissed!

Wish they would move these items to an option package for those of us that value them.

Going in after the fact to add an electric fuel door release or sewing in map pockets is a PITA after the fact.

RF Overlord
01-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JohnE

Ford thinks that they can just delete a few items and people will not notice or complain. They have been doing this across their product lines. Removing things like map pockets. Basically items that you don't notice until you own the car. Then get very pissed!

Wish they would move these items to an option package for those of us that value them.

Amen John...

But it's not just Ford...my company-issue 1995 GMC pickup had a neat feature on the heater...I could split the air between the floor and the dash vents. My "new" company-issue 2001 GMC van doesn't have it...identical heater control, just missing that feature...WTF...

:mad: :confused:

martyo
01-28-2003, 01:36 PM
John E:

I like the car!

RCSignals
01-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DougKing77
Well,
I heard back from Mercury late Monday afternoon and they are still researching these issues for me. I thanked them for giving me an update. A short while later the dealer called and said they received in a new Marauder WITH the automatic brake release. They want me to drop mine by to see what is broken/missing in my car. This is better than what they originally told me. I think Mercury headquarters may have called them. Guess it go their attention.

Doug

Looking at the various order guides some vehicles had specific items "decontented" others (like the Marauder) didn't. I'm beginning to think someone else in the chain made an incorrect assumption and applied the decontenting across the board, coupled with some confusion at the plant.

Marauderman
01-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Just pulled from the files my "sticker" --says it's a 300A --but no where says it has the L E D clock anywhere listed--although it does in the trim---as well as remote fuel door release--yet neither is mentioned in the sticker "list" FYI--Have you re-check yours--see what it says!

DougKing77
01-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Heard back from Mercury and they are going to have the dealer add the remote brake release to the car under warranty. I did not push the replacement of the windshield after reading the posts. I just don't want to risk the damage to the paint / car. I also did not push for the addition of the remote fuel door as the car already has the dimple in the body for manual release. I don't think it would do much good if someone wanted to pry it open anyway. From the posts I have seen, the 300A Maruader is the car to get, don't buy a 300B unless you just want a button to disable traction control. As a test, I tried turning TC off but noticed NO difference. Then again, we don't have much ice or snow here in Georgia so I can't really put it to the test (not that I would drive a Maruder in snow/salt conditions anyway).

Doug

RCSignals
01-30-2003, 11:53 PM
I just came from the auto show here. there was a Blue 300B Marauder. The car had the underhood light, appeared to have the brake release. It did not have the dash clock and did not have the fuel door release.
I noticed the trunk button on the door was chrome. On a 300A Marauder I looked at some months ago, the trunk release button was satin Black and blended better with the interior.

BTW, it is only the fuel filler door that has the finger dimple, not the body. If you were to put a fuel door release on you would also have to change the fuel door.

A Town Car there had the glove box dampener, the Marauder did not.

The TC also still has the fuel door release.

grzellmer
01-31-2003, 03:29 PM
RC

Another wrinkle. I've got a 300A but the trunk button is chrome.

Anyone else?

SergntMac
01-31-2003, 03:43 PM
Mine too, with a lock.

Ya know, I'm starting to think that this kind of s**t goes on all the time, but we never had the ability to compare notes like this before.

Frankly, I think it's kinda cool...

RCSignals
01-31-2003, 03:44 PM
I suppose it could be that the 300a with the black satin button was the anomaly

RF Overlord
01-31-2003, 04:37 PM
My trunk lock is chrome with a key, too...

LincMercLover
01-31-2003, 04:44 PM
Chrome with key here (for valet purposes)... The black is a GM button.

jgc61sr2002
01-31-2003, 04:56 PM
Doug Traction Control is also useful in wet rodways due to water, oil,snow,ice or grease and with sandy conditions. These are just a few there may be more. There will be no difference in handling if none of your wheels are spinning. You should turn off the traction control if you intend to race at the dragstrip. Notice I didn't say street because I know you would never violate the law. Let me know if the dealer installs the auto brake release under warranty as I also have a 300B MM. Thanks John :D :D :D

RCSignals
01-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Chrome with key here (for valet purposes)... The black is a GM button.

I've seen the plain black button, the one I saw on that 300A was a keyed black button.
No big deal. The chrome button is easier to see.

mrs marauder
01-31-2003, 07:49 PM
Not all 300b MM have missing items. My 300 B date code 11/o4/02 has the stand alone clock, Traction Control, Auto parking brake release (drive only) fuel door button, chrome trunk release button and key pad lock system..........:D

the fat bastid
01-31-2003, 08:09 PM
a 300b with all that??? agrhagrhaghr!! [head explodes]

why do they even bother keeping track of anything with a body code???

guys on the line:
"hey bob, i'm outta chrome buttons"
"slap on a black..oh and take out his fuel door release..that will blow his mind"
"hahahah! sticking it to the man once again! evily genius!"

RF Overlord
01-31-2003, 08:24 PM
Mr. Bastid:

LOL! You are probably much closer to the truth than you know...

DougKing77
01-31-2003, 09:21 PM
Geez, I didn't know they deleted that one also. I DO have the remote keypad on the driver door also. OK folks, I'm starting a list from what I have gleaned on this board. Perhaps everyone can chime in and we can maybe get a handle on this thing. Here are the differences, SO FAR between the 300A and 300B. Your differences may vary, depeding on the month and year yours was made.

300A Maruader / 300B Maruader

Remote Fuel Release button& door (chrome or blk) / Not Present
Automatic Brake Release (Drive Only) / Not Present (yet)
Clock in Dash / Not Present
Traction Control w/o switch ? / Traction Control w/switch
Remote Entry keypad (driver door) / Remote Entry keypad? (driver door)

Anything else I am missing?

I guess the Mercury order draft guide doesn’t really mean anything at this point. I wonder what happens if a dealer puts in an order for a moon roof, using the Mercury supplied part number. Do they just notify him it’s not available or leave it as a surprise when the vehicle arrives?

The dealer has ordered the automatic brake release for my vehicle and is going to install it for me. They also have a 300A on the lot. I am seriously considering telling them to keep the 300B and give me the 300A. I just don’t know if the traction control switch is worth giving up or not, or if the 300A has traction control. Is there any way to look at a car and tell if it has traction control, a stamping on the axel housing perhaps?

FordNut
01-31-2003, 09:39 PM
The 300A does not have traction control, except maybe the Canadian 300A. It does have posi-traction.

Additions to your list:
300A has full size spare/300B has space-saver type
300A is black only/300B has optional color(s)
300A has no sunroof or heated seats/300B they're optional

It's sad to hear that the keypad is being decontented. I've been spoiled by that option since getting the MarkVII about 15 years ago. I don't really like black that well (It's beautiful when it's clean but a pain to keep that way) but the more I hear the happier I am that I got a 300A.

RCSignals
01-31-2003, 10:55 PM
I don't think the keypad is being decontented. They still put it on the regular Grand Marquis and Crown Victoria LX. I can't see them decontenting it from the Marauder.

RF Overlord
02-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Doug:

If there's no TC switch, there's no TC... like the Nut said, I would have preferred another color up front, but now I'm glad I have a (300A?)...

DougKing77
02-01-2003, 10:22 AM
O.K.
So from what I gather, a 300A may or may not have positraction but definately not traction control. Can anyone tell me if traction control is really that much of a help in the Southern states? If the car DOES have positraction, is it listed on the window sticker or in the VIN number? I want to see if the 300A on the dealers lot has it.

Directedby
02-01-2003, 10:29 AM
The 300B without the clock looks wierd to me.

How much does F/M charge for the trim with the clock - to install yourself?

jgc61sr2002
02-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Directedby The clock is located in the radio on the right side of the faceplate and the stations are to the left with both displayed at all times and it is easier to read in my opinion. With the clock being higher up on the dash you don't have to look down, thus enabling you to keep your eyes on the road. I have a 300B and that is my opinion . John

jgc61sr2002
02-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Doug Thge only palce I can find Limited Slip Differential in the the brochure under specifications. Hope that helps. John :)

martyo
02-01-2003, 11:51 AM
John:

The clock everyone is referring to is located below the radio. It was a separate, stand alone clock. What is located in that spot on yours? I believe it is now a blank fascia panel.....

martyo
02-01-2003, 11:51 AM
By the way, Mrs. Marauder has the car that I want. I wonder if she'll marry me.....

RF Overlord
02-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Doug:

It is my understanding that they ALL have Traction-Loc LSD (Posi-Traction in the bow-tie world), but only the 300Bs (or possibly Canadian 300As) have Traction Control...hence my statement that if there's no switch, there's no TC...so yes, the 300A on your dealer's lot has "posi"...

Useful in the southern states? ...probably not...I never liked the TC in my T-bird, and would much rather have "posi" (not available in the T-bird w/auto), so since the later MMs have both, that's OK, too...

jgc61sr2002
02-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Marty - I realize the are talking about the stand alone clock. It's the same one I had in my 2000 GM. I was referring to the 300B MM. It sounded as if the 300B MM had no clock at all. John :) Check your PM

DougKing77
02-02-2003, 09:20 PM
I test drove a 300A on Satureday at the dealer and noticed something else I don't have on my 300B, locking lug nuts. Does anyone else have these on their Marauder? Not a big deal to purchase separately but I found it interesting. Also, I noticed what appears to be some sort of subwoofer. I may be wrong on this but think it is on the right side of the trunk above the tire? I don’t think this is present on my 300B. There is also a black box on the left side that is present on both vehicles, is this the amplifier?
I noticed that the engine valve covers on the 300A has plain black valve covers. I have raised letters indicating a 32 Valve V8 engine on mine. Again, not a super big deal but there is a difference. I’m pretty sure the engines are the same however.
I noticed on the remote fuel door that there is a electric hinge assembly as well as a manual release inside the trunk. I don’t know how hard this would be to add to my Marauder, does anyone know if the wiring harness has the plug for it to be added in? Does the wiring go through the trunk or inside the rear quarter panel? RCSignals is correct, only the fuel door has a dimple, not the quarter panel. I did not realize that until I double checked.
It is interesting the dealer had a 300B when I purchased it a few weeks ago and when he ordered a replacement was sent a 300A. I did find out from the sales advisor that it was shipped from another dealer and made in 8/2002 so it apparently has been sitting on a lot somewhere for a while. My 300B was made in 12/2002.

LincMercLover
02-02-2003, 09:26 PM
No one got locking lugs stock. THe sub should be on the left side (when looking in the trunk) in that black box. The box holds both the sub and amp. I've never seen a 4.6L DOHC with plain valve covers though...

WolfeBros
02-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Interesting note on the locking lugs. It might just be a dealer add on.
My dealer told me as I was going out the door the night I took delivery,
"Oh by the way you may want to get locking lugs for the wheels.....we have had complete sets stolen off of two of our cars here". I bought locks the next day. Very cheap insurance.

DougKing77
02-02-2003, 09:40 PM
I dunno. Mabey added by the other dealer?

DougKing77
02-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Here are two views.

LincMercLover
02-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Look at the other side. It's not on the passenger side. Gotta look under the intake hose.

RCSignals
02-02-2003, 11:49 PM
O.K.
So from what I gather, a 300A may or may not have positraction but definately not traction control. Can anyone tell me if traction control is really that much of a help in the Southern states? If the car DOES have positraction, is it listed on the window sticker or in the VIN number? I want to see if the 300A on the dealers lot has it.

all Marauders have Limited Slip (positraction)

The door data sticker will have a code of "56" under axle indicating 3.55 traction lock axle

RCSignals
02-02-2003, 11:58 PM
The Marauder I saw at the car show here was a 300B and it did not have the "writing" on the valve cover. Both were just black.

SergntMac
02-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Checked my engine bay, found plain black on my left bank (looking at the motor) and a trim plate on the right. It is pretty well hidden from first glance.

beemer
02-04-2003, 07:00 PM
My 300A:

Build: 08/02
Door trunk release: Yes, chrome with keylock
Full size spare: Yes
Clock: in center of dash
Driver's side valve cover says Hi-tech 32 valve V8
subwoofer: yes
disc changer: yes
trunk organiser: yes
keypad on driver's door: yes

Just noticed the passenger's wiper arm is misaligned, gonna have to search that topic, LOL.

Will I miss traction control? Not at all!

Best,

Paul:D

Butch
02-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know how to make the clock work on the radio???

I have had an idea for two months now....

I want to remove my clock in the center and replace it with my wired satellite controller. I have measured it out and it would fit almost perfectly where the existing standalone clock is, but I don't want to do away with my clock. If I was able to turn on the clock option in the radio, I would have no problem with installing the controller in the trim panel.

jgc61sr2002
02-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Butch - I would think that the radio in the 300A and 300B is different, but I don't know for sure. On the 300B press the RDS button and that will bring up the menu to set clock, which displays on the right side of the radio and the stations are on the left. Hope this helps. John

LincMercLover
02-04-2003, 10:01 PM
I think if you unplug the clock, it'll notice it's gone and give you the options. This is just my guessing... The radio says NO CLOCK or something when you try to set it, so I'm thinking it's recognizing the other clock. Try it is all I can say... I don't see another radio being used though...

RCSignals
02-05-2003, 01:24 AM
It's in the wire harness. All the radios have the clock, but it is disabled at one of the pins in the wire harness for cars that have the central clock.

Butch
02-05-2003, 06:06 PM
well.......I guess when I get a chance, I will pull the panel and disconnect the clock. I don't see it being that simple, but you never know.

If anyone else has any other info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

If I am able to mount the satellite controller there, I will post pictures of the install so you can see how "stock" it looks. It will be a few more weeks before I get a chance to work on it again.

Also, I would like to get a part # for the trim panel WITHOUT the clock hole! I would rather cut on that! Anyone able to help???

Flash
02-06-2003, 05:11 PM
The part that fills this hole is missing on my 300A. What is seen through the hole is a nut & bolt that holds the flywheel and torque converter together. It's on the drivers side at the rear of the block down low. I noticed the hole while changing the oil. I went to my L-M dealer and they had a MM up on a lift and the Service Manager and I looked at it to see if the hole was supposed to be open, the MM on the lift has a rubber plug in it to keep dirt out. They have the part in stock, #F3LY6C070A but wouldn’t let me have it unless I bring the car in so they can install it, it just pushes in, wasn't driving the MM today because of rain. It's a nice thick piece. Do you have one?

RoyLPita
02-09-2003, 07:42 PM
This is one AWESOME site!!!!!! The more that I read into this and see what is so different about the 300A and 300B packages, I want to try for a 300A! I hate traction control and a doughnut spare! I'll live with black! Ford deletes all of this stuff (mentioned in other replies) just so the price of traction control can be offsetted? What a load of bull----! They are just making the ( the US and Canadian) cars simpler but with one different change--- no Daytime Running Lamps for the US bound cars. I have traction control on my '92 GM and I am looking for a way to hook up an on/off switch (ABS would be switched off, too). If I did get a 300B packaged Marauder, I would find a way to invert the traction control system so it would be off unless I wanted it to be on. Maybe Reinhart could fit that into the chip, too. With a limited slip rear, I like a full size spare. My only gripe is the uneven sized tires. The 300A packaged cars came with an non-chrome wheel with a front-sized tire. It doesn't help much when you have a flat in the back. The 300B packaged Marauder come with a temporary tire (probably lifted from the Town Car) What is the mini spare come close to in height- the front or back tires? Also, Does anyone who owns an 300A packaged Marauder ever used the front seat pockets? Also, pics of the silver Marauder show that the "B" pillar door frames are color keyed (like the Crown Vic Cop Car), not flat blacked. "B" packaged GMs are that way, too.

On a lighter note: aside from me looking to get a Marauder, I saw a demo (very early 300A) for sale w/5k miles at Pompano Lincoln Mercury that also had (for $1800), 4.10 gears and an "X" pipe with 3 chamber flowmasters. No cd changer or trunk organizer. Couldn't tell you the out the door price either but I saw another demo w/3k, barely there window tint, and just the cd changer for $28k with rebate (that one sold quickly).

RoyLPita

FordNut
02-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Yes, I use the pockets on the front of my seats. The uneven size tires is not a real issue with me, I like the full size spare. If it was a Detroit Locker in the rear I would be concerned. If you use it as you would a mini-spare (temporary, short duration until you get the tire repaired/replaced) it shouldn't be a problem.

Mad1
02-09-2003, 10:59 PM
O.K.

Ah, I didn't think it would matter much. However ... my 300A's first scratch was caused by a spinout and collision with a tree after a big snow.

Result ... $5,000 in repairs. (Two broken tire rims, left rear quarter panel, trunk lid, rear bumper.) The worst part is being without my baby for almost two weeks now ... the quarter panel is on back order.

I'm gonna go back to cryin' in my beer now.

grzellmer
02-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Mad1

Sorry to here about your off road adventure. Sounds like no one's hurt - so thats good news. Hopefully the bodyshop doctors will quickly have her back on her feet and good as new.

LincMercLover
02-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Butch,

This may help ya out a little.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/kprrpk/images/clock.jpg

Black Terror
02-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Does anyone have the part number for the cover missing on left front inner liner(covering driving light area)? Mine is missing, also have seen others posting here about missing item. Would be best if part number was in hand when trying to get dealer to install.

jgc61sr2002
02-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Mad1 Hope no one was hurt. The car is repairable. John:(

RCSignals
02-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Bill I'm not sure what cover you are referring to. Is it in the engine compartment area, or the area ahead of the radiator under a the upper baffle (the long plastic piece that runs side to side and is held down with plastic screw caps)?

Black Terror
02-11-2003, 02:05 PM
looking forward, there is an open space between wheel and area where driving light wiring and light are. The passenger side of same area has a cover.

jgc61sr2002
02-11-2003, 03:10 PM
WL Just checked mine It's also missing. John:(

CRUZTAKER
02-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Flash
The part that fills this hole is missing on my 300A.....

:D
Thank you so much for this one. I took delevery less than 2 weeks ago on a rainy day. I noticed the drivers side floor board soaked when I got home. I was taking the mats out to throw towels down for slush and salt.
Perhaps that it why the floor was wet. (I say was: because now it's 8 degrees outside)

The dealer has it friday for other issues.
I am gonna pull the old....hey, the dial never moves on my Oil Pres. Guage move, and watch 'em squirm.:up:

I found your post just in time. I was just reading thru....hoping someone would reiterate how to figure out if you have a 300A or a 300B.

RCSignals
02-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Basically a 300B has traction control, a 300A does not

jgc61sr2002
02-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Cruztaker It states on the window sticker either 300A or 300B with the main difference being traction control also listed on the sticker of the 300B. John :)

CRUZTAKER
02-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Doh!
The dealer took it off when they prep'd it. I've got it somewhere.....

CRUZTAKER
02-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by wlbandy
looking forward, there is an open space between wheel and area where driving light wiring and light are. The passenger side of same area has a cover.

I've got a feeling we're all missing this one. I will ask the dealer on friday (one more thing to the list) and scout the lot for parts...err information.

Confirmed 300A.

Only missing splash guard in left wheel well....so far

Butch
02-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Hey LML!

Thanks for the pics on removing the clock!

Where did you get that info? Is it in a book that I can purchase somewhere?

I *LOVE* to have my hands on the tech manuals for my cars. I had the complete service guides for my 96 SS that I bought from Ebay. It was great when I needed to trace down a problem with my electric cooling fans!

joflewbyu2
02-11-2003, 07:54 PM
nothing is missing from the driver's side. the inner wheels splash guard is different from the passenger side. the passenger one goes all the way down to cover up a canister which only is on the passenger side.

RCSignals
02-11-2003, 08:36 PM
I agree, there is nothing missing on the inner fender, it's made that way

LincMercLover
02-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Butch,

DVD service manual. One of my buddies on here hooked me up with an extra he got at the dealership. Talk to your dealer, they get so many of them, they sometimes just throw 'em away!

CRUZTAKER
02-12-2003, 04:10 AM
Thanks joflewbyu2 and RC,

I guess that open spot in the wheel well is a good place to store snow and slush in the winter months....I wonder if theres enough room for a six pack?

martyo
02-12-2003, 06:09 AM
Cruz: It looks like you spend as much time thinking about your tags as I do. I have had custom plates for years and have fun finding the perfect tag for the car....

FordNut
02-12-2003, 06:36 AM
I looked at the correct spot on mine and found a big gaping hole also. I don't much like it. If I can find a clean way to cover it with cut up mud flaps or something I'll do it.

RCSignals
02-12-2003, 01:37 PM
There must be something that can be fashioned to fill the space.

There really isn't a part they forgot to install though.

CRUZTAKER
02-12-2003, 02:26 PM
I am going to look into this further. There is nothing I hate more than hole allowing crud to enter. I will look at every car with this body style on the lot on friday. If something comes close to fitting, I'm on it.

stanleyk:
I like special plates, but all the maruader (variation) spellings are taken in Ohio. Big following.....go figure. MY_RAUDR is avail., but I like S_KICKR. We will see if the BMV allows its. I am an avid scuba diver, and there is a name for us the locals on the islands use....REEFER(s).
They (BMV) wouldn't give it to me. I wonder why....perhaps "red eye"?

djcwardog
04-12-2004, 08:09 AM
RC

Another wrinkle. I've got a 300A but the trunk button is chrome.

Anyone else?

My trunk button is also chrome. Gas door button is black...

teamrope
04-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Holy Dead threads Batman! This thread is over a year old.

martyo
04-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Holy Dead threads Batman! This thread is over a year old.

Use the search button or we'll beat you into submission. Bring up old "dead" threads and we'll beat you into submission.

Will someone please make up my mind!!! :alone:

the fat bastid
04-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Use the search button or we'll beat you into submission. Bring up old "dead" threads and we'll beat you into submission.

confucious once said "old news that is not told is still new"
or some crap like that.

Bigdogjim
04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Wait till Mac get a load of this:lol:

Donny Carlson
04-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Wait till Mac get a load of this:lol:
And it's had over 4,000 views. LOT's of guest traffic, eh?

MapleLeafMerc
04-12-2004, 08:27 PM
confusious once said "old news that is not told is still new"
or some crap like that.

Gives us all a chance to catch up or just 'refresh our memories' about things. My trunk button is chrome too ;)

SergntMac
04-12-2004, 09:41 PM
02/12/2003 vs. 04/12/2004...Yawn...s t r e t c h Umm...I've seen better times.

Got a '60 foot better than anyone in Michigan?

Chrome trunk button...yeeoow! That's new...

Yeah...SO?

Next?

Bigdogjim
04-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Hey I vote we let the thread live forever :lol:

Might really get bored one day:lol:

RCSignals
04-12-2004, 10:10 PM

Yeah, where's stanleyk when you need him?

martyo
04-13-2004, 04:20 AM
Yeah, where's stanleyk when you need him?

You rang?

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3wmxh/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/snoozinstan.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Reduaram
04-20-2004, 07:06 PM
My 2003 (I dunno what build) has the chrome trunk button that has a key lock that will lock it from inside that car! Is that COOL or what?

jgc61sr2002
04-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Reduaram - Welcome to the MM site. :up:

Dr Caleb
04-20-2004, 08:23 PM
My 2003 (I dunno what build) has the chrome trunk button that has a key lock that will lock it from inside that car! Is that COOL or what?

You have a 300eh, hoser. Not really a 300A or 300B. More like a slightly decontented 300A with traction control.

Welcome!

PhkinQk
04-20-2004, 08:30 PM

The little things in life that bring happiness, lol.

David Morton
07-05-2004, 11:37 PM
My 2004 delivered on May 20 had #1 Clock in Radio, #2 No fuel door release, #3 No auto p/brake release, #4 Don't know about alarm yet & #5 Mini spare.

#1, I like it. Thinking about using the space underneath for a guage.
#2, Installed one. VegasMarauders post with instructions saved my a$$. He's the man now.
#3, looking for tips on how to put one on in this thread, guess I'll have to look elsewhere.
#4, Wouldn't have a shock sensor on my car if they paid me to test one, which is what it seems to me they all seem to be still in, testing. Let me know when somebody comes up with one that can tell before the guy bashes my window in and not go off because of the baby in the stroller that sneezed.
#5, I like it. Less weight. Faster ET's. Will bring extra rubber in the truck.

STLThunder
07-06-2004, 02:22 PM
After all of this, I am soooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :lol: