PDA

View Full Version : Passion or Obsession?

JamesHecker
08-11-2002, 05:58 PM
My 17 year old son walks up to me and says "Washing your car AGAIN?". Then he says "Dad, when it looks like a mirror... it's already clean!".

My assistant says I'm gonna wear the paint off of it.

I dust it in the morning, then again in the evening... and occasionaly in the middle of the day. I try to wipe it down every night, but sometimes I'll skip a day. I take it to a high end car wash at least once a week, and now I am considering having them buff and wax it every couple of weeks.

Seems like an obsession to me... but man is it beautiful when it is sparkling clean!

BISHOPSS95
08-12-2002, 05:52 AM
Sounds more like heaven. And your obsession is a lot cheaper than the Mod Bug. But give it time.

:)

tetsu
08-12-2002, 06:04 AM
Marauders look so good clean and shiny! :)

It's a big pain keeping them that way though!

Johnny

warren
08-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Now have 450 exciting miles on it.
Today I had the Lafayette Car Wash who is a client of mine polish and wax my 03MM. Washed then used Mothers Clay First, 2nd used the Mother's sealer and last used the natural Mother's Wax and the car looks like a mirror in only 3 steps. Also they found that the rear bumpber on the drivers side did not have enough paint on it from factory so I will have the dealer replace it.

Warren B.

JamesHecker
08-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by BISHOPSS95
And your obsession is a lot cheaper than the Mod Bug. But give it time.

:) [/B]

Your ever so right BishopSS. I am taking my time before I start the mods. The first will be window tinting. When the Moonroofs are available I intend to have my dealer do an OEM moonroof. I'm thinking gears next, followed by a chip and perhaps an exhaust modification. Then perhaps...who knows...maybe I'll step up the the plate for a blower!

BISHOPSS95
08-13-2002, 05:27 PM
Sorry I forgot after the Mod Bug takes all of your money. When your at your weakest point then you get Race Fever.

www.sshs2.com

:D

JamesHecker
08-14-2002, 10:55 PM
Anyone have a good suggestion for where to get a cover that will fit well? Kragen Auto told me today I could order one made to fit a Crown Vic for over $400. ! There has got to be something for less than that!

Impala SS AutoX
08-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Anyone have a good suggestion for where to get a cover that will fit well?

Not sure if they have one (yet....I'm sure they will and soon!), but California Car Cover carries custom fit covers (for a LOT less than $400!) for many cars. I have one for my SS (NOAH fabric), and it is finally getting "worn out" after a good 5+ years of heavy usage. I intend to replace it with another cover from them.

Click Here for the info.... (http://www.calcarcover.com/)

Update : just looked, they DO show a Marauder cover already!

Click Here for the Marauder covers (http://www.calcarcover.com/car_cover_find2.asp?make_id=50&model_id=985&year_id=2003&source=&find.x=40&find.y=9)

Hope this helps!