PDA

View Full Version : Survey Said! ??

Marauderman
01-27-2003, 05:58 PM
Last Tues mail I received a most unusual survey--one from "Dunteman & Zollweg" in San Diego, CA....8 pages..quite indepth... even had the first 11 #'s of our MM vin---but most importantly--my Name and address--- It's call "New Vehicle Customer Opinion Survey--- Well held it over due to many other things going on ..to fill out later--cause Since it related too the new MM --felt I would take the unusual and fill it out and return it---but as yet--hadn't got to it--and then TODAY--in the mail--ANOTHER SUEVEY--referencing the 03 MM with some #'s that don't mean anything , with a single one dollar bill as incentive to fillout and return..this one is from" MAritz Research" in Toledo , OH.. another 8 pager....

Well anyone getting the same in the mail--I took delivery on 11-02-02 ......

Think the L/M and Ford Mgmt R&D team is interested on how we feel
thru this media????

Any thought???

TAF
01-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Tom,

Your a good man to have that survey come to. And I know you will do us "justice"...AND...you're a "cheap date" for a buck!

Marauderman
01-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Hardy-Har-Har!!! :banana:

chapel1
01-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Marauderman I recieved both those surveys a couple months ago.I filled them out and spent the buck.I figured it just "standard operating procedures".:)

Marauderman
01-27-2003, 08:28 PM
Interesting- Will do the same---are we the only two you think?

cyclone03
01-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Nope,
Ive made $2 filling out those surveys.
I got my last one last week,kept the buck and pitched the paper.I'm tired of filling those things out.

Macon Marauder
01-28-2003, 07:29 AM
I got one last week. No buck enclosed, though.

It's just sitting on my desk. I didn't know what to think, since it wasn't from Mercury and it gets REAL personal.

Bigdogjim
01-28-2003, 07:51 AM
I must be lucky! I got 3 so far only $2.00. I don't know weather I'll fill them out or not? If and a Big if the factory wants to know what we think then just log on and read? Duh? I got my MM on 9/28/02. Been back to the selling dealer for the rear gear but, they will not touch it with a 10' pole! The salesmen asked to please fill out the L&M survey. As this point do they care? We all know that it's a hell of a car. Got a preformance issue but, again that out in the open also. I'm OK with the car fine for now.
Big Dog :rock:

RF Overlord
01-28-2003, 08:33 AM
bigdog and macon:

I haven't gotten one of those surveys yet, but if I do, I probably won't fill it out if it gets that personal...

This survey may not be relative to Ford at all...if they're asking questions that have NOTHING to do with the car itself, beware; Ford has probably already sold your name to a mailing list company. Fill out that survey and watch your junk mail, spam, and telemarketing calls go WAY up...

:bs: :censor: :eek: :nono:

SergntMac
01-28-2003, 09:01 AM
I've gotten so much junk mail with a mispelled last name, that it's listed as an alias on my credit report!

several surveys, trashed them all, no money.

jefferson-mo
01-28-2003, 09:31 AM
I've only gotten the sales survey from Lincoln-Mercury(real deal).
But I've also gotten phone calls(many) and 2 letters from my selling dealer begging me to contact them if I can't mark EVERYTHING satisfactory or better.
These dealer surveys hold SERIOUS weight and if everything's Ok the dealer gets major brownie points with regional reps.
If anything is below satisfactory the the dealer gets phone calls, whippings and visits from reps. Big stuff.........
Personally I think there's too much emphasis on it but I guess that's how the BIg guys rate the dealers........

I haven't heard of any other surveys:banana2:

Ray Snyder
01-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Reply to the survey telling them that you intend to put the $1 toward a real oil presure gage

mdmarauder
01-28-2003, 12:33 PM
I got the same survey. Since, it was not from Ford I trashed it. I get enough junk mail. I think it's another excuse to get some info to send me crap in the mail.

RCSignals
01-28-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
bigdog and macon:

I haven't gotten one of those surveys yet, but if I do, I probably won't fill it out if it gets that personal...

This survey may not be relative to Ford at all...if they're asking questions that have NOTHING to do with the car itself, beware; Ford has probably already sold your name to a mailing list company. Fill out that survey and watch your junk mail, spam, and telemarketing calls go WAY up...

:bs: :censor: :eek: :nono:

I doubt Ford is selling the lists. Some State DMVs sell this sort of information to certain kinds of businesses. The surveys are made to look like they are related to Ford and your new car purchase.
You can always contact Ford to see if a survey is actually being conducted for them or not.

Marauderman
01-28-2003, 04:20 PM
WOW- Didn't realize the surveys were "out there" amongus...seems what we have here is --either our names have been sold or they have a special person decicated to snooping for new buyers of +$30k cars and send these things out for other personal reasons---so,,,,,,,,,, like what
R Snyder said--I'll keep it to the car only response and tell'um I'm start'n $1 kitty pool for real oil gauge....that won't read 70!! LOL ---

RCSignals
01-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by jefferson-mo
I've only gotten the sales survey from Lincoln-Mercury(real deal).
But I've also gotten phone calls(many) and 2 letters from my selling dealer begging me to contact them if I can't mark EVERYTHING satisfactory or better.
These dealer surveys hold SERIOUS weight and if everything's Ok the dealer gets major brownie points with regional reps.
If anything is below satisfactory the the dealer gets phone calls, whippings and visits from reps. Big stuff.........
Personally I think there's too much emphasis on it but I guess that's how the BIg guys rate the dealers........

I haven't heard of any other surveys:banana2:

That Ford dealer survey is serious stuff for the dealer. Even if all comments but one are favourable, it is considered a failure.
Remember those surveys are about the dealer and your experience with them, not Ford or the car itself

Menace
01-28-2003, 04:44 PM
My dealer filled mine out in exchange for a tank of gas.

WolfeBros
01-28-2003, 04:46 PM
I just got the LM survey in the mail yesterday.
My dealer sure ain't gonna like his report card.
The frapping ranginfragger. :uzi:

TAF
01-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Wolfe...you have now "taken the lead" on the obscure references....

Marauderman
01-28-2003, 05:17 PM
may have started something with that r f r slogan...Ummm..gotta remember that one....beats saying the other stuff.. :censor:.....ummmm

Billatpro
01-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Did my survey and my dealer wont like it, but then again ford won't like the letter I attached just for them! My guess is nither one will really give a good Fargen Barger.

jgc61sr2002
01-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Bill you got that right. FMC could give a care less. John

WolfeBros
01-28-2003, 08:56 PM
LOL......Thanks Todd.

Wasn't going for the lead but it sure felt good typing it. And the cool part is it didn't set off the site cussometer. :rock:

LincMercLover
01-28-2003, 09:01 PM
My dealer offered me a free key if I brought the survey into him first. I did. I was overall pleased with my dealer, and only gave the car a slight down with the fixes that needed to be done. At least I got three keys now (now to pop the box for that extra FOB...)!

martyo
01-28-2003, 09:03 PM
I spoke to a dealer last week. Tonight I got a call back from a surveyor who asked if I was satsfied with the dealer. I said "No" and thatis why I didn't buy my car from that dealer. The dealer was overpriced and had no clue. Hope that gets back to L/M!!