PDA

View Full Version : The mercurymarauder.net cookie jar

Mr Johnson
11-03-2004, 08:35 AM
I came to the site the last couple of days and it shows me as a guest. I click on the forums section and enter and I see the correct history. Very strange. I investigate and it seems to have to do with whether I come to www.mercurymarauder.net or just mercurymarauder.net.

Sure enough two different cookies get generated on my system, one for each, and they don't agree. Would it be possible to either redirect mercurymarauder (no dub dub dub) to the www. variant before setting cookie? If not how about a change to the cookie mechanism to apply for all *.mercurymaruader.net?

Bluerauder
11-03-2004, 08:43 AM
I came to the site the last couple of days and it shows me as a guest. I click on the forums section and enter and I see the correct history. Very strange. I investigate and it seems to have to do with whether I come to www.mercurymarauder.net or just mercurymarauder.net.

Sure enough two different cookies get generated on my system, one for each, and they don't agree. Would it be possible to either redirect mercurymarauder (no dub dub dub) to the www. variant before setting cookie? If not how about a change to the cookie mechanism to apply for all *.mercurymaruader.net?

I would duck about ....... now !!!! :rofl:

Logan
11-03-2004, 05:54 PM
You're investigation skills sucks. The cookie domain has nothing to do with the fact that the history on the front page of the site is not real time, where as the forum information is performed in real time.