PDA

View Full Version : Snow tires and rims

telson
11-06-2004, 07:21 AM
I need to drive my stock 2004 Marauder during the Detroit winter, so I'm planning to get a set of snow tires and a set of rims to go with them.

So, I'm probably thinking of 235 Goodyear Ultragrips.

The rims are the hard part of the decision; I was told that the Police Interceptor rims fit the Marauder and I can get them for $94 each. But... they're not going to look great.

Next, I was recommended the 2003 Lincoln Town Car rims (I need to find out what these look like).

Does anyone else have:
--Suggestions for rims that fit our Marauders and look good (preferably 5-spoke).
--Would the 5-spoke rims used on the (2003?) Crown Victoria work? I'm guessing not, but I'm not an engineer.
--Snow tire recommendations

Apologies if this has been covered many times before; I checked the FAQ, etc.

Many thanks!
--Morton (telson)

CRUZTAKER
11-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Wel....there are about 181 threads regarding snow tire applications.

Check THIS (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/search.php?searchid=266003) search out and see if it helps. :up:

EbonyMarauder03
11-06-2004, 10:12 AM
I know they are ugly but the TireRack beat my price on stock Ford rims. Worse yet I work at a Ford dealership in the parts dept. :mad2: :mad:

I just got the TireRack's snow tire package and mounted them last weekend. I went with the WS-60 Blizzacks on 16 inch rims.

rayjay
11-06-2004, 11:58 AM
It all depends on how much you want to spend. I bought the snow tire package from tirerack. Blk Unique 16" wheels with WinterForce tires, delivered to my door for $472. I then bought the acorn style CVPI center caps and the lugs that work with them, $132 for both, new. Total package cost me $604. It was a must have for the winters where I live.

Landman
11-06-2004, 03:42 PM
It all depends on how much you want to spend. I bought the snow tire package from tirerack. Blk Unique 16" wheels with WinterForce tires, delivered to my door for $472. I then bought the acorn style CVPI center caps and the lugs that work with them, $132 for both, new. Total package cost me $604. It was a must have for the winters where I live.
I would appreciate knowing where you located the center caps and lugs. I have tried vendors on the threads but they seem to be out of stock. I am keeping Ford as a last resort. Thanks.

jgc61sr2002
11-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Morton - Welcome to the MM site. :welcome: Lots of good info and nice folks. :D

rayjay
11-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I would appreciate knowing where you located the center caps and lugs. I have tried vendors on the threads but they seem to be out of stock. I am keeping Ford as a last resort. Thanks.
Look here http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13765

CRUZTAKER
11-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Hey Morton, it was great talking on the phone with you. Do not hesitate to call with any questions, or if you're just in the mood to talk Marauder shat!:D