PDA

View Full Version : Brainerd Drag Strip DFT3 Event Next Weekend

FordNut
11-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Next weekend, Nov 13, the 3rd annual Dragging for Toys event will be held at Brainerd Drag Strip near Chattanooga. More info here:

DFT3 INFO !

DATE: November 13, 2004

PLACE: Brainerd Drag Strip

Gates open at 10 AM and racing starts at 12 Noon

$10 to get in the gate and if you're racing, you also have to pay an additonal $10 and bring one NEW toy for each class you participate in. If you have no toys then it will cost you $30 total to race. Don't short change the kids on these toys. Make them nice, not $5 little items. Last year we had some people giving used trash to the kids for Christmas, please don't do that this year. If you can't participate properly to help the cause, we don't need you at the race

CLASSES

1. King of the Hill: Anything goes. No rails.

2. Quick Street: Run what you Brung, as long as it's on DOT tires only. Up to ET Streets. Street legal cars only.

3. Street King: Run what you brung. Up to drag radials, no bias ply tires. Street legal cars only.

4. True Street: Factory type cars w/bolt ons. Street tires only, no drag radials. All engine bolt ons and mods/power adders are ok. Stuff like ladder bars, four link, race car stuff, etc. will not be allowed.

5. Bracket Class: All participants wanting to run in a bracket class.

6. Import/Sport Compact Class - Heads-Up: Imports and sport compacts that want to run heads-up.

7. Bikes 751cc and up:

8. Bikes 750 down:

9. Burn-Out Contest

10. N/A Class

Test-N-Tune all day!!!

Patrick
11-07-2004, 08:33 AM
If work will cooperate I am on board. Paul and I talked about going friday. I will check and see what I can do. I am getting into racing but to help out with this would be GREAT!!!! A nice MM turn out for a good cause.......... Priceless!!!

Paul T. Casey
11-11-2004, 05:57 PM
I too am a slave to the job. If I can get the time off, I'll be there. Going Friday night also, weather and work permitting. If I have to work Saturday, I'll probably drop off a toy Friday night anyway.

FordNut
11-11-2004, 06:43 PM
I should be there. I'll be looking for any other Marauders.

Paul T. Casey
11-12-2004, 02:50 PM
As of right now, I'm in!!

FordNut
11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Some of the locals are getting together at 9:00 at Shoneys for breakfast. I'm going to try and make it down there for some grub before racing. The Shoneys at exit #1.

martyo
11-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Brian:

I can't make this one, but there is one the following weekend in Alabama (DTF4 at Phenix) that I may go to with Mini Me and Shankin. I will post up more when I know that I am going.

Paul T. Casey
11-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Toys bought, should have time off.

Patrick
11-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Have to go play at work instead......... Hope you guys have fun!!!!