PDA

View Full Version : A call to arms (and backs)!!!

2003 MIB
11-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Okay North Texans....The Mad3Rs arrive in Lewisville Thursday afternoon- evening. They need some help unloading the truck and getting things into their apartment. They are probably a little shy about asking for help- I'm not.
Most of y'all know my lifting ability is a little handicapped since the wreck but I plan on being there and doing whatever I can. Maybe a caravan after the LSCC meeting?
PM me for their address and phone number. The more of us that show up the quicker it will go. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!:banana:

martyo
11-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Dan: If you re going to promote this event at least schedule a burn out contest at the end of the unloading/moving.

:burn:

MarauderMark
11-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Dan: If you re going to promote this event at least schedule a burn out contest at the end of the unloading/moving.

Maybe a george forman grill giveaway that seems to work on this site.. :banana:

BillyGman
11-09-2004, 02:14 PM
"A CALL TO ARMS"???!!!!!!! Oh, you got me excited there for a minute...... I was just getting ready to open up the gun cabinet to get out the 50 cal........ don't do that to me!!!!!!!

2003 MIB
11-09-2004, 04:07 PM

I don't want to get them evicted on their move in day. It would be the first stroker Marauder in North Texas. Any cachet in that?

2003 MIB
11-09-2004, 04:11 PM
"A CALL TO ARMS"???!!!!!!! Oh, you got me excited there for a minute...... I was just getting ready to open up the gun cabinet to get out the 50 cal........ don't do that to me!!!!!!!

Take your meds. and think happy thoughts, Billy...Butterflies, Milkshakes and Whatnot.
If I ever need to import some "muscle", I'd PM you first. Nice to know you've got my back, Bro but you can sit this one out.:D :D

jfclancy
11-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Take your meds. and think happy thoughts, Billy...Butterflies, Milkshakes and Whatnot.
If I ever need to import some "muscle", I'd PM you first. Nice to know you've got my back, Bro but you can sit this one out.:D :D
Close Quarter Backage, here as all I own at this time is a Mossberg 590 12 Gauge, however unable to attend as I will not be at the meeting due to prior
commitments, it bieng Veterans day and all.

Joe Clancy
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Marauderman
11-10-2004, 11:02 AM

........yeah ............it seems a few of us here have had some practice in the past few days.............hummmm....... ..Tom

Patrick
11-11-2004, 12:19 AM
''
Its OK Billy..............
:pill: :lol: :lol:

2003 MIB
11-12-2004, 05:16 AM
Phil and Tasha are still not moved in. The apartment complex closed early yesterday. Here's what I'm thinking:

We've got to show up at the LSCC show tomorrow between 0800-0900. If it rains, we scrub the show and turn it into moving day-if it's dry we'll be done about 1400. We'll be close to Lewisville and can swing by and help unload. Jobs availble will range from unloading the truck to cat wrangling. They're new to the area and unemployed- we're all they've got, folks. It'll be fast and easy if we can get a few hands.
I'll call P&T later this morning and provide SITREP of the mission.

Now for the guilt trip:
You don't have to help. You can turn a blind eye.
Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend.
If you can look these hapless Yankees in the eye from now on and know you wouldn't spend an hour holding up the end of a couch to make their first impression of The Republic a good one, I am sad.

It's very simple, if you don't help them- the terrorists win. Is that what you really want?

Haggis
11-12-2004, 05:49 AM
...for taking care of two important CAM Members, they will be greatly missed. I can relax and feel better knowing you and people like you are there to help Phil & Tasha, I wish I could have done more to help them in leaving the Washington D.C. area. Our (CAM) thoughts and prayers are with them and if there is anything eles we can help them with all they or you need to do is ask. God Bless and thank you again Dan it is good to know Southern hospitality is alive, you are a true gentleman and a friend to take care of them. :bows:

2003 MIB
11-12-2004, 07:59 AM
...for taking care of two important CAM Members, they will be greatly missed. I can relax and feel better knowing you and people like you are there to help Phil & Tasha, I wish I could have done more to help them in leaving the Washington D.C. area. Our (CAM) thoughts and prayers are with them and if there is anything eles we can help them with all they or you need to do is ask. God Bless and thank you again Dan it is good to know Southern hospitality is alive, you are a true gentleman and a friend to take care of them. :bows:
Thanks but it's no big deal. I've experienced Marauder hospitality in various locations across the country. It's no more than any of y'all would do for any of us. It's the board, Bro- It's not an exclusively Southern thing.:)
It's takes guts to move across the country with no jobs. It is a gamble that is akin to the high-limit tables in Vegas. I think we all admire the adventurous journey on which P&T have embarked.

So, who gonna help me unload them, NTMs??? I know y'all are awake by now.

Bluerauder
11-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Phil and Tasha are still not moved in. "...snip..." If you can look these hapless Yankees in the eye from now on ....
I don't think coming from the great state of Virginia qualifies them as "Yankees" :confused: certainly not hapless ones. Hope the move in and the job hunt go well. Phil and Tasha will be missed at the CAM meets. :(

2003 MIB
11-12-2004, 08:09 AM
I don't think coming from the great state of Virginia qualifies them as "Yankees" :confused: certainly not hapless ones. Hope the move in and the job hunt go well. Phil and Tasha will be missed at the CAM meets. :(

Shush!- I'm painting a picture to envoke some guilt from my locals. You know better and I know better but the vision of all their belongings strapped to the truck (Grapes of Wrath) as they trek across the dust bowl might shame some help.

I reckon I'd tongue kiss Arafat's corpse to get them some help. :P

Please forgive any remarks that could have been disrepectful to The Great State of Virginia. We cool?:bows:

2003 MIB
11-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Shameless bump.

2003 MIB
11-12-2004, 04:45 PM
I just talked to Phil. They're about half way done but the young man sounded exhausted. They are taking the rest of the evening off and I told them I'd be by tomorrow with whomever I can round up- y'all are making me feel like an orphan.:alone: :alone: :alone: Who's coming with me?

SergntMac
11-12-2004, 04:50 PM
You're breaking my heart Dan, I'd be ther if I could. I've helped Phil and Tasha before. They are great people, and it all comes back from them twofold. Hope it work out.

Petrograde
11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
If I was still in Grand Prairie, I'd help.

Sorry guys...

BUCKWHEAT
11-12-2004, 07:26 PM
I just talked to Phil. They're about half way done but the young man sounded exhausted. They are taking the rest of the evening off and I told them I'd be by tomorrow with whomever I can round up- y'all are making me feel like an orphan.:alone: :alone: :alone: Who's coming with me?

so give us an address & a time (pm it)

J&G

2003 MIB
11-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Maury and I went over after the LSCC show was scrubbed. They're safe, sound and moved in. We even beat the rain.:) :)
Note to CAM folks:
It may be a while before they're back on line but they miss you and send thanks for everything.

2003 MIB
11-13-2004, 12:35 PM
You're breaking my heart Dan, I'd be ther if I could. I've helped Phil and Tasha before. They are great people, and it all comes back from them twofold. Hope it work out.
Crap!- I was hoping I didn't get overdramatic.:D

2003 MIB
11-13-2004, 12:36 PM
so give us an address & a time (pm it)

J&G
Aren't you supposed to be sliding around the infield??????- It's handled- all is well. Thanks anyway!:D

Haggis
11-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Maury and I went over after the LSCC show was scrubbed. They're safe, sound and moved in. We even beat the rain.:) :)
Note to CAM folks:
It may be a while before they're back on line but they miss you and send thanks for everything.

Thanks for keeping us posted. We miss them too, give them our regards the next time you talk to them and let them know we wish then luck and they will always have somewhere to go east of the Appalachians.

TechHeavy
11-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Maybe a george forman grill giveaway that seems to work on this site.. :banana:\

:lol:

MAD-3R's Wife
11-17-2004, 02:07 PM
We are finally back online. :banana:

We want to thank Maury and Dan for their help on Saturday. We owe you guys BIG TIME. :bows: :bows: Let us know when you are available as I want to either take you guys out for dinner or cook you dinner here.

As we unpack everything we keep finding things that we somehow either left behind or didn't use in the old apartment. So we are going out and purchaseing things like bookcases and a dinette set. But we are almost completely unpacked. :o

On Saturday Phil and I had gone to the office to ask some questions (like where's the mailbox) and on our way back (we were walking). I turned around and saw two Marauders heading our way. What a beautiful sight :beer: . Dan and Maury picked us up and took us back to our apartment where they proceeded to help us unload the last of our stuff from the truck and trailer.

We are mostly unpacked and settling in. Now all we have to do is find jobs and we will be good to go.

If anyone knows of a company in the north Dallas area who needs a good secretary/office manager or a good database administrator. Please pm us the information and we will apply immediately. :help:

Bluerauder
11-17-2004, 02:29 PM
We are finally back online. :banana:
"...snip..." We are mostly unpacked and settling in. Now all we have to do is find jobs and we will be good to go. :help:
Tasha, glad to hear that things are starting to fall into place. Hope the job hunt is short and successful. :D

BUCKWHEAT
11-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Aren't you supposed to be sliding around the infield??????- It's handled- all is well. Thanks anyway!:D

Yes, I did slide around the infield at Texas Motor Speedway. No girly-man canceled cars show! The road race guys run in the rain--something I didn't know or expected. With trepidation I set out on the one mile infield track along with 19 others, mosty mustangs of various stripes, a Sunbeam Tiger (who ended up in the mud on the very first straight-a-way), and my neighbor in his 03 5 series bmw.

Short story...the bmw ran as if there was no water on the track. Car was stock, but my neighbor happens to be a professional racer. Next was,stop the presses, the Mercury Marauder. The water was a great equalizer. The mustang guys just couldn't keep it on the track at high speeds. The MM understeered thru the turns but ran hard on the straight, 90mph & slam on the breaks. Tires and Winwoods stopped real good (in a straight line). A great 85 mile run in the rain. With the S/C, I could only go WOT a short piece of the straight, otherwise it was ease up and avoid downshifts on the automatic.

Haggis
11-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Good luck on finding a job you two and God Bless you both in your future. I'll drink a Guiness for you Phil at Big Bats. :beer:

cruzer
11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Yes, I did slide around the infield at Texas Motor Speedway. No girly-man canceled cars show! The road race guys run in the rain--something I didn't know or expected. With trepidation I set out on the one mile infield track along with 19 others, mosty mustangs of various stripes, a Sunbeam Tiger (who ended up in the mud on the very first straight-a-way), and my neighbor in his 03 5 series bmw.

Short story...the bmw ran as if there was no water on the track. Car was stock, but my neighbor happens to be a professional racer. Next was,stop the presses, the Mercury Marauder. The water was a great equalizer. The mustang guys just couldn't keep it on the track at high speeds. The MM understeered thru the turns but ran hard on the straight, 90mph & slam on the breaks. Tires and Winwoods stopped real good (in a straight line). A great 85 mile run in the rain. With the S/C, I could only go WOT a short piece of the straight, otherwise it was ease up and avoid downshifts on the automatic.
Three cheers for Buckwheat!!!!!!!! John, if I had known they were running in the rain, I would have been there around 1:30 and could have watched you teach those young whipper-snappers that age, experience and a superior car are hard to beat :banana2: I'll call you later this week for a full report--Long Live the Marauder, Maury

2003 MIB
11-18-2004, 03:47 PM

I'm proud of you, John...Simply awesome!

2003 MIB
11-18-2004, 05:22 PM
We want to thank Maury and Dan for their help on Saturday. We owe you guys BIG TIME. Let us know when you are available as I want to either take you guys out for dinner or cook you dinner here.
Y'all are more than welcome but you don't owe me anything (Well, maybe my keys and MM jacket I left at your new place:o ). I am a humble student of the laws of karma. I am striving to commit one selfless act on this planet before I die. I haven't done it yet. Helping you move-in wasn't it- I like y'all and enjoy your company and would have agonized over you trying to do it yourself (read this thread- I was a bit stressed- apologies to all). All I really did was lift my own self-imposed guilt burden and feed my control freak personality.
Maury on the other hand skipped road racing at TMS and never thought twice about it. There's a lot to learn from Old Man Marauder. He's an old soul who does the right things out of reflex. I'd like to be like him when (if) I grow up.:bows:
Now, if I can somehow find you two some jobs and you never find out I did it- my work here will be done.:)

blue92
11-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Three cheers for Buckwheat!!!!!!!! John, if I had known they were running in the rain, I would have been there around 1:30 and could have watched you teach those young whipper-snappers that age, experience and a superior car are hard to beat :banana2: I'll call you later this week for a full report--Long Live the Marauder, Maury

Good maybe we will now see some (more than one) Marauders out at MSR in Jan. I know you Marauder guys "think" the Marauder is superior to the SHO well I don't think so. Jan. you Marauder guys will have your chance to out corner a SHO out at MSR so bring on the Marauders. And, if the weather is nice that day and if you guys get there early enough you can have a car show.

:banana: :D

Logan
11-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Glad to hear it went well! Wish >I< was the one doing that!

:)