PDA

View Full Version : 15% off all JLT Ram Air Intake kits!!

Tucker
11-10-2004, 08:30 PM
:)
I'm not sure how long this will go on for, but all RAI kits are now 15% off.
These are the under hood kits!
This goes for the Cobras, Mach I's, GT's,Lightnings and Marauders!
The RAI on a 14+psi 03-04 Cobra is the best performing intake I have seen.

Optional parts are still the same price.
So if you got the GT or Lightning RAI in color:
Reg price is $115 -15%= $17.50 off, for a total of $97.75 Black is even cheaper @ $85.!

Cobras,Mach and Marauder RAI's are $63.75 in black
$76.50 in color with discount.

Plus any optional parts you may need.
There are many more pics and info on the web site.

Submit a order form from www.jlttruecoldair.com (http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/) - take the 15% off and pay through the means set on the order page.
Call with your C.C. info or pay through Paypal.
I do have many colors in stock and will be doing more this weekend.
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

FiveO
11-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Don't ask the torque/hp gains I got with it on a Trilogy MM...........scary....

Tucker
11-11-2004, 04:11 AM
I'm hoping that's a good thing?:o

MARAUDER S/C #5
11-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Don't ask the torque/hp gains I got with it on a Trilogy MM...........scary....

Can you please share this info with us ?

FiveO
11-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Very soon....gotta eat this morning!

torinodan
11-11-2004, 08:50 AM
humm, dont know what to think at this point, please tell anyway. or should i wait untill i eat lunch?

Very soon....gotta eat this morning!

FiveO
11-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Ok...eating at the computer :)

It was wierd...to say the least...but seeminly explainable.

In Sept....when my Trilogy was installed by Lidio's crew she dynoed out at 426rwhp and 407rwt.

This was with the Metco Carbon Fiber intake and stock airbox with KN panel filter.

Team Ford did a before/after dyno to check the numbers....

There was NO change to any of Lidio's programming.....none. I just wanted the baseline and a check of the A/F ratio...wasn't sure if putting the large cone filter on would screw it up.

Before...remember...different dyno than Lidio's..... 402rwhp and 388rwt.

Not sure whey I lost the 20 rwhp and rwt but she's been running the same since I got it.

Now the after....JLT intake with large cone and STOCK MAF..... 428rwhp and 429rwt.

I love the sound and the look. Just gotta figure out how to fit a 80 or 90mm MAF on it next spring.

She didn't perform any better at the track...but then again....all I did after was SSHS4 and the traction was mediocre at best. The one run I did make at 12.55 I actually laid off at the end...so I'm guessing she could have ran 12.4's.

The traction was my fault...as I ran OEM stock tires.

Slicks next year should be fun! :D

She feels a tad faster off the line....not much change in top HP from Lidio's dyno...but the torque numbers are up.

The before/after was about 25 minutes apart on the same dyno...so thats consistent.

jstevens
11-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Excuse me for the dumb question.
This looks cool and I can imagine the sound it makes,

But, is it okay for driving in cold weather.
I will be driving my MM year round.

FiveO
11-11-2004, 09:45 AM

She'll probably perform better in cold weather.... :)

Its fine in all weather. Just don't drive with the hood open!

Theres enough between the filter and the outside that snow, etc won't be getting into the filter or intake.

MARAUDER S/C #5
11-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info Five0. :up:

SergntMac
11-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Before...remember...different dyno than Lidio's..... 402rwhp and 388rwt. Not sure whey I lost the 20 rwhp and rwt but she's been running the same since I got it. Now the after....JLT intake with large cone and STOCK MAF..... 428rwhp and 429rwt. She didn't perform any better at the track...but then again....all I did after was SSHS4 and the traction was mediocre at best. The one run I did make at 12.55 I actually laid off at the end...so I'm guessing she could have ran 12.4's. She feels a tad faster off the line....not much change in top HP from Lidio's dyno...but the torque numbers are up. The before/after was about 25 minutes apart on the same dyno...so thats consistent.
No, that's not consistent, Mark. What did you eat for lunch? Did it have mushrooms in it?

Loosing power between dyno machines is expected, happens to me every time I change dynos, and it happened to me at Team Ford too. No biggie.

But, whoa dude...You're reporting a whopping 26 RWHP and 41 RWTQ gain from a simple induction path upgrade?

And, not a complete upgrade mind you, but a partial upgrade from the Metco carbon fiber bellows and OEM air box with K&N panel filter the car was tuned with, to a complete JLT induction kit, and with no additional tuning...Have I got this right?

26...41...Yet, you say no real change at the track?

Mark...26 RWHP and 41 RWTQ should have bought you a half a second, dude, and I cannot stop at that. You have the honor of another "first" my man, Bravo! You're the first...Ever...to report higher RWTQ numbers over RWHP, if I have read your post correctly. 428RWHP, 429 RWTQ...Record breaking, and you're a first here...Ever.

Congrats?

FiveO
11-11-2004, 05:16 PM
I'd agree Mac...something was amiss.

Not sure what it was...I'm thinking that first dyno was off.

Lets say...for arguments sake that the 1st dyno was off. Even with Lidio's dyno 2 months ago I still gained 2hp and 22 torque.....

Dang wierd if you ask me.

But....still feels a bit faster by SOTP :)

No additional tuning at all...Lidio's chip and custom tune is near perfect if you ask me.

And yes...I have the dyno sheet that shows 428rwhp and 429rwt.....!

FiveO
11-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Forgot to add:

I probably did pick up some time....not much...but a bit.

In Atlanta...it was just traction... This was the last drag racing event on my OEM tires.

Slicks or drag radials over the winter. Definitely. Then we'll see what this beast can do.

I'm also planning on a 80 or 90mm MAF and possibly a smaller pulley along with a new single blade throttle body. I want to see a 450rwhp dyno then I'll be done ;) :D

MARAUDER S/C #5
11-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Five0, do you have a picture of the JLT with the Trilogy and how was fit/finish of this product? Also do you plan on doing any trans or rear end mods once you approach 450 rwhp? Thanks, Rick

TAF
11-11-2004, 05:46 PM
I'd agree Mac...something was amiss.

Aric said "the second pull was a much better pull"...but, I still feel you got some "lift" with the open conical...no doubt. And you've got one hot car there Mark. :up:

QWK SVT
11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure how long this will go on for, but all RAI kits are now 15% off.
These are the under hood kits!
This goes for the Cobras, Mach I's, GT's,Lightnings and Marauders!
The RAI on a 14+psi 03-04 Cobra is the best performing intake I have seen.

Optional parts are still the same price.
So if you got the GT or Lightning RAI in color:
Reg price is $115 -15%= $17.50 off, for a total of $97.75 Black is even cheaper @ $85.!

Cobras,Mach and Marauder RAI's are $63.75 in black
$76.50 in color with discount.

Plus any optional parts you may need.
There are many more pics and info on the web site.

Submit a order form from www.jlttruecoldair.com (http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/) - take the 15% off and pay through the means set on the order page.
Call with your C.C. info or pay through Paypal.
I do have many colors in stock and will be doing more this weekend.
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
3 quick questions for you:
- What exactly does the S&B Breather do?
- I'd like to buy two kits (on for the Marauder, one Silver kit for the Lightning)... I don't think I can make multiple orders through the online portal. How'd you like to handle this?
- Shipping to Canada? It says $20, but again, I'd be ordering two kits...

PM or post response, if you'd like.

FiveO
11-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Five0, do you have a picture of the JLT with the Trilogy and how was fit/finish of this product? Also do you plan on doing any trans or rear end mods once you approach 450 rwhp? Thanks, Rick
The JLT intake is a great one. And for the price...it cannot be beat...hands down.

The fit and finish is very good. I went with the black...love the look. Hey...I didn't get a black MM....I can have a black intake tube :)

The cone is nice...might try and work up some type of CAI over the winter (from below into the area of the cone.

I'll get some pics posted soon, over the weekend...getting together with some Twin Cities MM owners.

The Metco tube is very nice...but doesn't fit "perfectly" for a Trilogy car....Its good...but since the tube is rock hard...it was just was not what I needed. For a N/A car the Metco tube is perfect.

I'm planning on a few mods next spring...might try a smaller pulley, definitely a new throttle body (single blade) and also definitely a larger MAF...80 or 90mm. Not sure yet.

I'll keep an eye on the trans....we'll see how it goes. I've got the larger tranny pan and may do some type of upgrade. I won't be pushing 500rwhp anytime soon with this car without any tranny upgrades.

450 though....it should hold out!

FiveO
11-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Aric said "the second pull was a much better pull"...but, I still feel you got some "lift" with the open conical...no doubt. And you've got one hot car there Mark. :up:
I'd agree the 2nd pull was much better.

I'd also agree I gained something with the cone...just need a larger MAF :D

Thanks for the compliment Todd...appreciate it. Now the "inside" of my car needs to be like yours :) I'm working on it!

Rider90
11-11-2004, 08:34 PM

I had a cold air intake on my Vic and when winter came around it ran like ssshht. Lost power, stumbling, hesitation, etc... It was bad, I took the CAI off and put the stock box on and it ran great. I wouldn't have it on during winter, but thats just my $.02 cents.

Ross
11-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have any results to post on a NA MM?

Tucker
11-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks for all the great comments guys.
FiveO: I'm glad your so happy with my kit. I would love to "claim" all your H/P gain, but like they said, something may have been a miss on the first dyno.
Also, as a Cobra guy, once you get up in boost the TQ always is higher then H/P.
I'm at 463 RWHP and 468 RWTQ. Most are even bigger differences.

QWK SVT:
-Q. What exactly does the S&B Breather do?

A.It stops the oil vapors going back into the intake system.

- Q. I'd like to buy two kits (on for the Marauder, one Silver kit for the Lightning)... I don't think I can make multiple orders through the online portal. How'd you like to handle this?

A. You can call me and give your info @ 757 335 1940

- Q. Shipping to Canada? It says $20, but again, I'd be ordering two kits...

A. I can get both in one bigger box, so I would do it for $30.

I hope this helps and thanks to all who ordered so far!:beer:

Tucker
11-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Also, FiveO. I can get you a new reducer to match up to a bigger MAF. I would look in the SVT forums for a 90mm Lightning or Cobra MAF.

Ross
11-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Tucker, do you have any results on NA Marauders?

FiveO
11-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Tucker, do you have any results on NA Marauders?

12-15rwhp,rwt along the powerband.

There is a dyno sheet posted in another thread.

Do a search for JLT and its in one of those.

rayjay
11-12-2004, 03:50 PM
I had a cold air intake on my Vic and when winter came around it ran like ssshht. Lost power, stumbling, hesitation, etc... It was bad, I took the CAI off and put the stock box on and it ran great. I wouldn't have it on during winter, but thats just my $.02 cents.
Had an open element with a heat shield on my Focus. The engine ran at high idle constantly in cold weather. Went back to the IceMan setup for winter, cured the problem.

QWK SVT
11-13-2004, 02:53 PM
QWK SVT:
-Q. What exactly does the S&B Breather do?

A.It stops the oil vapors going back into the intake system.

- Q. I'd like to buy two kits (on for the Marauder, one Silver kit for the Lightning)... I don't think I can make multiple orders through the online portal. How'd you like to handle this?

A. You can call me and give your info @ 757 335 1940

- Q. Shipping to Canada? It says $20, but again, I'd be ordering two kits...

A. I can get both in one bigger box, so I would do it for $30.

I hope this helps and thanks to all who ordered so far!:beer:Cool! :coolman: Cool! :coolman: And, Cool! :coolman:

Any results from a lightly moded Lightning?
You'll be getting a call, Monday!:banana2:

Tucker
11-21-2004, 07:34 PM
This will end 11/28!

studio460
11-29-2004, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure how long this will go on for, but all RAI kits are now 15% off. These are the under hood kits!Hey Tucker!
I got a chance to see your intake for the Marauder on DirectedBy's car last weekend, and WOW, was I impressed! That thing is HUGE!!! I'm now normally aspirated, but I'm not sure what to order . . .

JLT True Ram Air Intake:
Throttle body to MAF kit $75 in black
Optional Parts:
MAF adaptor kit $20
S&B Powerstack air filter $35
S&B Breather (eliminates PCV hose) $10
*MAF adaptor and filter needed if you are in stock form now.

Again, I have a N/A California 2003 Marauder 300B and would like the black tube. What do I order and will I still make the discount deadline? Call me tomorrow after 10AM Pacific Time for credit card/shipping info. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I ordered from Tucker over the phone with a credit card and I needed everything except the S&B Breather, which one member here advised against getting. So, for my N/A Marauder, I ordered:

Throttle body to MAF kit $75 in black
Optional Parts:
MAF adaptor kit $20
S&B Powerstack air filter $35

$130 shipped. To me, the JLT intake looked great, looked very functional (it's HUGE), and was selling at a very reasonable price. I'll get the LG heat shield ($16) from that E-Bay guy and I'll be good to go for less than $150!

Tucker
12-02-2004, 04:43 PM
This sale is over.