PDA

View Full Version : Who was shopping for tires in Markham?

QWK SVT
11-11-2004, 05:35 PM
I did some looking around today, and it seems I'm not the first.:hide:

I went to Steelcase Tires'nMags... "Are you the guy that called about a Marauder, yesterday?" No. I was not.

I went to AIM. "Wow! We just did a set of snows on a Marauder, the other day!"

So... Who was it? Anyone here???:fishing:

Digital Man
11-12-2004, 08:01 AM
I did call them on Wednesday and discussed my options. They basically said I had to bring it in. I haven't been yet however. What did they tell you? Was it a whole package (rims/tires)?

QWK SVT
11-13-2004, 02:48 PM
I did call them on Wednesday and discussed my options. They basically said I had to bring it in. I haven't been yet however. What did they tell you? Was it a whole package (rims/tires)?They were very busy (I counted some 26 cars in the line up, to have their new snows installed! Basically, they were reluctant to talk about the above size combo I had suggested, and had a hard time listening to me say that there were different sized tires, front to back. He actaully came out to look at the car, and continued to question if that was the way it came from Ford :rolleyes: Basically, they told me to come back when they are not busy, to try out a couple of options (including something in a 17").

Ballpark price - Set of tires for 16" tires would be ~$750, and a 16" front/17" rear combo would run ~$800 (both prices don't include wheels)... I think I'll pass on this one. Read the other post, for updates from my friend in the biz...

There WAS a Marauder that went to AIM, and had snows installed, on Nov 9th or 10th... Still would like to know who that was.:wave: Not too many MM's in the GTA...

blkgrape
11-15-2004, 09:13 AM
there's a place in milton "Cheap Thrills" its a small shop that is on 25 as you go into milton, just keep going straight don't turn to follow 25. It will be on your right hand side. This place works on a cash deal basis. I bought a set of winter rims there last year 16" five star painted for 650 if i recall they could get tires if i needed but i have better connections for price on that, but if rims are what u r after thats where i would go.

If you need rubber p.m. me and i might be able to help you out in if you can get to Mississauga.