PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Marauders Meeting #16 "Run to the Hills" - WRAP UP!

Agent M79
11-13-2004, 05:44 PM
:woohoo:

Just want to get the wrap-up thread started so we'd have a place to post our experiences.

Many thanks to prchrman for being our most excellent guide through the mountains. I very much appreciate that.

I'll post more when I get some rest. Though I am sure I looked very chipper and spry, I was operating on about 2 hours of sleep and our cruise wasn't even the last thing I had to do today.

:sleepy:

dok
11-13-2004, 06:33 PM
What a great day. Great weather, great people, great scenery and, of course, great cars. It don't get any better than that.

Almost forgot - great Carolina Marauder shirts. :banana:

Marauderman
11-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Well----WOW! The Carolina Marauders have done it again---and that includes our spouses----

To those reading this and didn't go with us---Our monthly meet started at 8:15AM and ended when we all got home about 6-7PM.

We took the ride to the hills of North Carolina to Blowing Rock ,NC.

I have alot of pics and will attempt to load up into the gallery.

Thanks to Willie ( prchrman)--A great host.

Briefly--We(Charlotte) group ) started out with breakfast near Lowes Speedway- then five of us , frdwrnch, marauderman, Dok, SC Cheesehead, and Agentr M79 and our spouses headed up the interstate to meet up with prcherman -Willie.

We all met prcherman at a great "Buying" lot for the ladies( JR'S) and then headed to the hills for lunch-=- We stopped at some overlooks on the Blue Ridge Parkway and ate at an overlook called the "Canyonds"(sp)
and then to the "Viaduct" which is the Blue Ridge Parkway road that is stuck out in mid-air ( not on the mountain)--see galler pics--un-real to drive on--pics don't do it justice- and then on down to where we had to break away--

All in all-- it took the whole day---another successfull " on the road" trips the Carolina Marauder's do now and then-=-

.....and OBTW--how could I forget!! Our new Club Shirts made their debut--will try and post a pic of them---but they are in each color of the MM cars with out Club name and our screen name---what more do you need!!!

We'll post gallery pics soon of these...

...and in IMOP --the "Best move of the Day " goes to frdwrnch---Folks outta know better than break up( bust in line) of six MM's in the fast lane--especially pulling rudely in front of one of us--so our best move man of the day returns the gesture by pulling a pull-around pass that hasn't been seen since DE days on the track--and I got to see it from the mirrow behind me---
GREAT MOVE FRDWRNCH--!!

..and the scenery--again --in the gallery--gott go--so much to say--but WOW--had a great day with you all--- and those who missed it--you should ride with us more often---see- gallery again--it's so cool with MM's taking over the fast lane.......see ya folks. ...Tom

prchrman
11-13-2004, 08:25 PM
To all the flatlanders...Russ, Tom, Rex, Dave, Don and their girls (and Mayer or was it Oscar)...I was privileged to show you'uns around the hills...I got back to a big church party for kids and have just now sat down...I enjoyed the company and convo with all...willie...can not find the pics in gallery...

Marauderman
11-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Pics are there Willie---look under my screen name if not shown on the gallery front page----this weekend alot of folks have posted their events---so check under my name --I put up 17 pics....Thanks again for sharing with us---Tom

TAF
11-14-2004, 07:01 AM
GREAT pics, y'all...and looks like a GREAT time! Man...I LOVE the mountains......

Agent M79
11-14-2004, 10:18 AM
This was one deal that is certainly on the short list of things to do again!

Mrs. Agent recalls the girl sitting on her porch in the mountains counting the Marauders going by.

I remember passing the group of hikers pressed between the road and a steep cliff face slack jawed as the first MM passed, stunned by the second and third, stopped walking and just watched as the 4th, 5th, and 6th went by.

I am pretty sure that people were expecting a federal raid or something.

Marauderman's car saw mud! It'll be ok marauderman, even a princess likes to make mud pies every now and again!

Mayer... woof dude. Mayer (Myer?) owned everything. If we stayed in one spot longer than 2 minutes, we had a vicious, ravenous guard dog to warn us of interlopers.

When we'd get on a steepish incline, we could hear the wail of marauderman's supercharger.

I've lived in NC for better than 10 years now and have went east to the beach numerous times but have failed to head west to the mountains. Mountains are closer so I expect they'll be clocking some travel time with me and the Mrs.

Great time guys! Thanks for it!

SC Cheesehead
11-15-2004, 05:16 AM
This was one deal that is certainly on the short list of things to do again!

Mrs. Agent recalls the girl sitting on her porch in the mountains counting the Marauders going by.

I remember passing the group of hikers pressed between the road and a steep cliff face slack jawed as the first MM passed, stunned by the second and third, stopped walking and just watched as the 4th, 5th, and 6th went by.

I am pretty sure that people were expecting a federal raid or something.

Marauderman's car saw mud! It'll be ok marauderman, even a princess likes to make mud pies every now and again!

Mayer... woof dude. Mayer (Myer?) owned everything. If we stayed in one spot longer than 2 minutes, we had a vicious, ravenous guard dog to warn us of interlopers.

When we'd get on a steepish incline, we could hear the wail of marauderman's supercharger.

I've lived in NC for better than 10 years now and have went east to the beach numerous times but have failed to head west to the mountains. Mountains are closer so I expect they'll be clocking some travel time with me and the Mrs.

Great time guys! Thanks for it!Yeah, what a great time! Great cars, great weather, great people; like they used to say in the beer commercial, "it doesn't get any better than this!"

BTW, Myer says he had a great time, too. (woof!)

SCCH