PDA

View Full Version : Another Wax Thread?

Ross
11-17-2004, 12:22 PM
No, I'm not trying to re-open the debate! I have tried a number of waxes and will continue to try even more for comparison. I have been trying to find the Meguire's NXT, but no one seems to carry it. I can't find a Meguire's website to ask them who stocks it locally. I have tried Auto Zone, O'Reilly's and one or two smaller places with no luck. Anybody know how to contact Meguire's to ask them?

MM03MOK
11-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Here ya go, Ross.

http://www.meguiars.com/

:bunny2:

BruteForce
11-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Wax on... wax off... repeat until arms can no longer move.

Ross
11-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Duh, no wonder I couldn't find it. I spelled it wrong. What do I know, I'm a lawyer... :stupid:

MM03MOK
11-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Duh, no wonder I couldn't find it. I spelled it wrong. What do I know, I'm a lawyer... :stupid:Gotta change your search engine to www.Google.com (http://www.google.com/) !!

STLThunder
11-17-2004, 01:11 PM
WAL-MART carries it.

Sactown
11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
WAL-MART carries it.Yea, that is where I found it.

PJR
11-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Tried it. It's real easy to work with. Doesn’t last long though. (Like a couple of weeks in New Mexico) I’ve also tried Liquid Gold. Last's long, but magnifies swirls and imperfections. It worked better on my red CV Sport, than on the black MM. I'm in the process of buying the assorted Zaino products to try them. Everybody that I've talked to swears by it.

My $.02.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p></P></FONT>

Gent4157
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
No, I'm not trying to re-open the debate! I have tried a number of waxes and will continue to try even more for comparison. I have been trying to find the Meguire's NXT, but no one seems to carry it. I can't find a Meguire's website to ask them who stocks it locally. I have tried Auto Zone, O'Reilly's and one or two smaller places with no luck. Anybody know how to contact Meguire's to ask them?
Bought mine at WalMart the other day, also bought the booster to use after a wash.

Cobra25
11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Hay Ross, you can call Meguiars at 1-800-545-3321 . Ask them to sent you their booklet with all their products. You can have their products mailed to your home. Web site is Meguiars.com ). Another really good wax is Meguairs Hi-Tech Yellow Wax # 26. Its a Brazilian Yellow Carnauba wax with special Resins ,polymers & silicones. NXT will give you a very deep gloss & #26 will give you the slickest touch you would have ever felt .

Ross
11-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks. I called Meguiars and ordered the NXT since they couldn't tell me who carries it in my area. Looking forward to giving something new a try. You should see one section of my garage with a dozen different types of various waxes!

Bigdogjim
11-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Another really good wax is Meguairs Hi-Tech Yellow Wax # 26. Its a Brazilian Yellow Carnauba wax with special Resins ,polymers & silicones. NXT will give you a very deep gloss & #26 will give you the slickest touch you would have ever felt .

Funny thing I spoke with the guy who painted my Marauder he said to use that same wax. 26 years of painting cars.............must know something?

CRUZTAKER
11-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Their Gold product is good too for a longer last. I use the NXT before a show or a meet because it is soooooo deep and wet looking.

Autozone carries both around here.

jgc61sr2002
11-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Duh, no wonder I couldn't find it. I spelled it wrong. What do I know, I'm a lawyer... :stupid:

Ross - That's what you have a paralegal for. :D

PJR
11-17-2004, 07:13 PM
One more thing. Meguiars makes a cordless buffer. I don't have one, but have seen it used and it works great!

Blue03
11-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Hay Ross, you can call Meguiars at 1-800-545-3321 . Ask them to sent you their booklet with all their products. You can have their products mailed to your home. Web site is Meguiars.com ). Another really good wax is Meguairs Hi-Tech Yellow Wax # 26. Its a Brazilian Yellow Carnauba wax with special Resins ,polymers & silicones. NXT will give you a very deep gloss & #26 will give you the slickest touch you would have ever felt .

I ordered by phone and they sent my stuff out right away. It took a couple days to my door. I bought a packaged deal that included the Tech Wax, Spray Wax, Spray Protectorant and the Car Wash all NXT stuff. I'll probably be good through next summer. Every time I put the wax on it becomes easier and looks better. I particularly like how the Car Wash brings the shine back up between waxings. The Car Wash works real well on the wheels of my 95 GM LX HPP even though I haven't waxed it in over a year...about the time the MM arrived...funny how that happens...

studio460
11-18-2004, 03:20 AM
I bought like 12 bottles of the NXT stuff at Pep Boys' a few months ago on sale. I like it. I just use the refresher once a month.

Embassy
11-18-2004, 10:33 AM
I’ve also tried Liquid Gold. Last's long, but magnifies swirls and imperfections. It worked better on my red CV Sport, than on the black MM. I'm in the process of buying the assorted Zaino products to try them. Everybody that I've talked to swears by it.
Zaino provides the longest lasting shine and protection I have seen. However, it will not hide scratches or imperfections.

I would recommend first using a clay bar. Then, I would use a machine polisher and some swirl and haze remover. Finally, apply the Zaino.

Patrick
11-19-2004, 12:55 PM
I have Meguiers in the past and doesnt work for me. Still prefer this....Eagle 1. just my :twocents:

valkyrie
11-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Tried it. It's real easy to work with. Doesn’t last long though. (Like a couple of weeks in New Mexico) I’ve also tried Liquid Gold. Last's long, but magnifies swirls and imperfections. It worked better on my red CV Sport, than on the black MM. I'm in the process of buying the assorted Zaino products to try them. Everybody that I've talked to swears by it.

My $.02.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p></P></FONT>

I have used NXT and it has lasted for months so far. I need to put on another coat before the snow comes though.