PDA

View Full Version : Kooks Pricing

Dennis Reinhart
11-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Now I just want every one to know I appreciate the group sale, Nick called me today and he has lowerd there pricing to 1495.00 for the complete kit, yes its more than the group buy and I would lower this price if I recieved five orders, but for no group buy this is a great every day price. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

MMM2003
11-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Now I just want every one to know I appreciate the group sale, Nick called me today and he has lowerd there pricing to 1495.00 for the complete kit, yes its more than the group buy and I would lower this price if I recieved five orders, but for no group buy this is a great every day price. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

My next step in upgrades is a better exhaust kit.

I have done some searches, but have come up empty with exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd like to know the following:

What is included in a "DR - Cobra Exhaust kit" and what is the cost?

What is included in a "Kooks - complete kit" for $1495?

I want to keep the stock exhaust (Muffler, Cat, tailpipes), since I don't want it too loud and don't have $1500 + labor for a new exhaust system, which doesn't need replacing right now.

Looking for a self-install for header, and possibly X-pipe.
Is this possible? What is the cost either the Kooks or the DR.
Dennis, since you are selling both, I'm hoping you are the best person to address this.

I would greatly appreciate, if you could address this here on the site, since others might be looking for this info as well. I can call you, once I know what is possible and what I want.

If this should go into a new, separate thread, let me know and I'll move it (or have it moved).

Thanks,

Peter aka MMM2003

Petrograde
11-22-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm gonna forward this thead to my wife and family with a note that says: THIS IS WHAT TOM WANTS FOR XMAS!

Wish me luck.

Krytin
11-22-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm gonna forward this thead to my wife and family with a note that says: THIS IS WHAT TOM WANTS FOR XMAS!

Wish me luck.

Good luck!
Thanks for the idea - I'm gonna try it too!

hdwrench
11-22-2004, 04:31 PM
maybe we should try to get another group buy going...

i'd be interested

stevengerard
11-22-2004, 08:47 PM
maybe we should try to get another group buy going...

i'd be interested

yeah, sounds good, group buy, group buy, group buy. This is about the only other thing I need - well except more money.

MI2QWK4U
11-22-2004, 08:48 PM

Dennis,
What would the price be for just a set of stainless headers, nothing else.

cyclone03
11-23-2004, 07:11 AM
My next step in upgrades is a better exhaust kit.

I have done some searches, but have come up empty with exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd like to know the following:

What is included in a "DR - Cobra Exhaust kit" and what is the cost?

What is included in a "Kooks - complete kit" for $1495?

I want to keep the stock exhaust (Muffler, Cat, tailpipes), since I don't want it too loud and don't have $1500 + labor for a new exhaust system, which doesn't need replacing right now.

Looking for a self-install for header, and possibly X-pipe.
Is this possible? What is the cost either the Kooks or the DR.
Dennis, since you are selling both, I'm hoping you are the best person to address this.

I would greatly appreciate, if you could address this here on the site, since others might be looking for this info as well. I can call you, once I know what is possible and what I want.

If this should go into a new, separate thread, let me know and I'll move it (or have it moved).

Thanks,

Peter aka MMM2003

Not to bag on you Pete,but ,I just plugged "DR Exhaust" in the site search function and got 2 pages of post's,the second thread I looked at listed the complete run down of Dennis' kit.
Check the KOOKs forums for everything you ever could want to know about thier set-up.

If all you want to do is replace the manifolds I suggest saving your money,the stock CAT H pipe is the bottle neck in our cars.

The KOOKS header,X pipe set up can be connected to the stock mufflers as can the DR setup,but you would be dropping from a really nice 2 1/2" set up down to a 2 or 2 1/4" inlet to the stock muffler

I self installed the complete Kooks system at home,then drove about 4 miles to have the back of the mufflers welded to the stock tail pipes,so for me it was a semi self install.Others have just clamped the tail pipes to the mufflers.

scareme
11-23-2004, 10:53 AM
If you get the kooks setup and wanted other mufflers would the inlet be 2 1/2 and the outlet 2 1/4 or what would it be?

FordNut
11-23-2004, 11:15 AM
If you get the kooks setup and wanted other mufflers would the inlet be 2 1/2 and the outlet 2 1/4 or what would it be?
2 1/2 in and out. the 2 1/4 tailpipes fit inside the 2 1/2 outlets and can (have to be) welded together for a nice fit.

DEFYANT
11-24-2004, 05:07 PM
I am interested in at least upgrading the mid pipe, headers and mufflers. In that order since I really like the quiet but noticable sound the stock system makes.

hdwrench
11-24-2004, 05:24 PM
is there gonna be a group buy?

Petrograde
11-24-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm trying to get my family on board,.. if everyone pulls together, I can have a Merry Xmas! :cool:

hdwrench
11-24-2004, 05:58 PM
i know i posted about getting the headers without the magnaflows... i cant find that post now even using search. so is it possible to get the kooks and delete the magnaflows, sub them for the dual modes maybe?