PDA

View Full Version : Slotted / Drilled rotors

billwork
01-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Does any one know of a source for slotted or drilled rotors for the Marauder?

also, have seen the new Pearl Blue MM's yet? We got one in the other day with the Lt. Flint leather interior.

V10_P70
01-30-2003, 07:01 PM
These brakes where on the blown MM at 2002 Sema:

http://www.baer.com/

martyo
01-30-2003, 07:05 PM
I believe Kenny Brown has 'em.

www.kennybrown.con is the url if I am not mistaken. Great guys. Quite helpful....ask mensrea.

billwork
01-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I will be in contact with them.

SergntMac
01-31-2003, 03:47 PM
I'll be going with the Baer Claw system on the front when it's time, I expect maybe 10K. Any suggestions for the rears?

jefferson-mo
01-31-2003, 04:20 PM
Don't forget SHM has 'em too(the sponsor):rolleyes:

SergntMac
01-31-2003, 04:29 PM
Yep, SHM's kit is 4200., and requires a wheel change to 19 or 20". Bear Claw fits now, for about 1100.

Decisions, decisions...

I'll tell you what, Jefferson, that MM rebuild from Hyland for 20K is quite tempting, did you see the specs? Wow...

jefferson-mo
01-31-2003, 05:01 PM
:pimp:bling bling

mensrea
02-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Kenny is a sponsor of this site as well, he just doesn't have stuff posted all over.

Sean's brake system is also courtesy of Baer, but it is the Alcon multi piston caliper, very high tech, but very expensive. I put slotted rotors on the back of my car (zinc washed) for appearances, if you want I think you can get a set of PBR2 from Baer and slap em on the back.

In a few weeks I should have some stopping performance numbers before and after on my car that should be interesting.

Logan
08-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Careful. One post soliciting interest is fine. Stick to that thread. Gauge your interest level and make a decision.

Additional posts are not necessary and will be considered a violation of vendor rules.

John F. Russo
08-06-2004, 09:25 AM
I'll be going with the Baer Claw system on the front when it's time, I expect maybe 10K. Any suggestions for the rears?

I having my second set of Baer rotors replaced despite the fact that I had reported earlier that the hard braking did burn off the accumulation on the rotors. It did help temporarily but the vibration was still unacceptable when braking from above 50 mph. I am getting another free set of rotors from Baer. Two other MM's have had the same problem, but only once. I am the only one in the Kenny Brown family that has had two sets of brakes (also the only one who has had a tramsmission replaced).

I drive back and forth to work at highway speeds and don't brake very much.
Ben O'Connor at Baer can't figure out what has happened, I do have a good dealer who set the brakes the first time. I'm going to read the instructions on the braking break-in procedure myself and make sure that I am not doing anything wrong.

Regardless, how could I have done anything wrong in breaking-in the new brakes both times if they worked well for 10,000 to 13,000 miles each time and then all of a sudden have a serious wheel vibration problem?

What will the Baer Claw system do for us? What a price!!

rotorpros
08-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Edited by MM03MOK: Vendor Rules (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/announcement.php?f=41) Violation.

martyo
08-15-2004, 04:14 AM
[QUOTE=rotorpros]Check out this link!!!!
QUOTE]

Your e-bay ad says (I added the emphasis):

"PREMIUM" Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors for the following GMC vehicles!!

2003-2004 MERCURY MARAUDER

Did I miss something? Is GMC making a Marauder as well as the one I bought from Lincoln-Mercury?

Do you really expect someone to buy your product with that kind of misinformation? Never mind that you just broke the vendor rules again. :shake:

MERCMAN
08-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Due to repeated violations of the vendor rules of this site, Rotorpros has been relegated to the "persona non grata" list at this time. We have vendors that support this site and are proven legitimate businesses, so unless Rotorpros becomes both, he is :banned:

SergntMac
08-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Not to mention dregging up a post that's too old to be of any value to anyone, and confusing the ****z out of us all...

jsignorelli
08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I got the Baer Kit from Summit Racing. Summit is actually cheaper than buying directly from Baer as there is no shipping cgarge.
These brakes work great. Don't forget to order the rear rotors when you get the front kit (rotors & calipers)

ctrlraven
08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Not to mention dregging up a post that's too old to be of any value to anyone, and confusing the ****z out of us all...
^^^^^^^^^^

I got the Baer Kit from Summit Racing. Summit is actually cheaper than buying directly from Baer as there is no shipping cgarge.
These brakes work great. Don't forget to order the rear rotors when you get the front kit (rotors & calipers)