PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous

Mike M
01-30-2003, 08:03 PM
Check it out
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/new2003/new_nitrous.html

james_hart6
01-31-2003, 07:12 AM
I've been tinkerin' with the idea after seeing a couple of SpeedVision shows on Nitrous upgrades.

I note that there is a disclaimer on the site -

"All parts are not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled vehicles."

Legalities aside, has anyone had experience running Nitrous on a Cat Convert equipped car?

If it EVER warms up around here I'd like to get the chip 'n gear package from Dennis R. - but an additional 80 hp from Nitrous would be very sweet indeed. A little over kill, maybe, but sweet :) . But I'd not like the system to trash the cats...

"Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

Thanks for the lead to the website!

Jim

martyo
01-31-2003, 07:26 AM
Jim: It's never a question of how fast you WANT to go, its always a question of how fast you can AFFORD to go!

Mike M
01-31-2003, 07:27 AM
I have some experience with NOS and can tell you that your cats won't be effected. I would rather do the NOS then to spend 3-4k on a spercharger setup. Not sure of the price on the NOS but I would guess its less then $600.00.
I have a chip and will do the 4:10s soon and by the summer will have the NOS. This should make it a 13.50 car. Ya gotta love it!

Vince Gortner
02-12-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm interested in this system. I asked Dennis about it when I ordered my chip & gears and he said to stay away from any dry system, but I'm still curious.

I'd be inclined to spend $600 for an 80 hp shot gadget that gives me an extra button to play with. As much as I'd like to dump another $5-8k into the car for a good blower system I know as soon as I do that my lawnmower will break or furnace will need to be replaced or something.

Anybody know when it might become available? Summit doesn't list it yet but they do list the 80hp Performer kit for 4.6L Mustangs for $721.

jgc61sr2002
02-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Vince - I would be concerned with the warranty. I don't think Ford would do any warranty work on the engine. Just a thought. John

Mike M
02-12-2003, 10:24 PM
The dry NOS system is easy to take off if you break your motor. They will never know.

Flash
02-13-2003, 04:05 AM
Subject: Nitrous

Sir, this being a brand new part I'm not 100% sure but I believe we could sell you one for around $640.00. Thank You

I called Edelbrock and they were more than happy to Fax me the installation instructions for the #70406 kit for the MM. Their instructions seemed easier than the NOS kit (#05116NOS) for the MM, both were well written and very clear and with illustrations when needed. NOS will also fax the instructions to you.
The main difference in the kits is how the nitrous is activated and Edelbrock has two spray nozzles , NOS has only one.