PDA

View Full Version : Marauder sighting- Burleson, Texas

2003 MIB
11-26-2004, 08:33 PM
I returning from shopping at the mall with three teenaged girls (the daughters and a niece) when the 15y/o says, "There's a Marauder in that parking lot!". I did my duty a hung a U-Turn and roll into the real estate parking lot. I'm greeted by two familiar faces from the Hallsville track-It's Muselhed and his lovely bride shopping for a home in Johnson County! He's still looking to sell his sweet Marauder for a sleeper Regal. It was a short visit but nice to see them. Maybe I'll get some new cool neighbors.
More impressive is that Sarah could spot a Marauder and peg it by the exhaust tips and wheels. There's no badge on their car....YAHOO!

Petrograde
11-26-2004, 08:53 PM
I see you're bringin' them up right Dan! :lol:

I had my own sighting today. About 20 north of Waco heading south on I-35. Unfortunately, I was driving the wife's Honda. :( I did beep the candy ass horn and give a thumbs up!

2003 MIB
11-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Thanks Tom!- I still predict your daughter's first word will be "Moowadda".:)

Petrograde
11-26-2004, 09:04 PM
:lol: she said 'goo' yesterday... I'm so proud! :D

She loooves the Moowadda, straping her into the carseat and taking a spin is like giving her a baby tranquilizer! :sleepy:

Petrograde
11-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Well,.. I headed back to Big D today to pick up the wife and baby in the Marauder :banana: So, if anyone has a sighting on I-35 or I-20. It's just me. :P

muslhed
11-27-2004, 06:08 PM
It was good to see you too, Dan! Actually, Connie spotted you first, by your "RAUDER" plates! She got all happy, and said, "Hay, there's DAAAAAAAN"!

The company I work for (Birch Telecom) is relocating me to Fort Worth to manage the sales office there, so Connie & I are looking for a new home in the Burleson vicinity. Heard they (and Joshua) had very good school districts, so that's our target area. Didn't have much luck on the house hunting just yet, but then again, this was only our very first visit to the area.

Yes, I'm still looking to sell the Marauder. :bigcry: The Regal GS would never fill the Marauders' shoes, but its car payment sure would.....mainly because there wouldn't be one! :banana:

Petrograde
11-27-2004, 07:55 PM
while heading to Dallas today I saw another Marauder, it wasn't the same one I saw on turkey day,.. but almost in the same place.

Just south of Waco on I-35. He passed me and waved. I followed behind him for a while. But, my radar detector started blowin' up.. so I eased up and lost him. ....anyone here?

2003 MIB
11-27-2004, 08:14 PM
It was good to see you too, Dan! Actually, Connie spotted you first, by your "RAUDER" plates! She got all happy, and said, "Hay, there's DAAAAAAAN"!

The company I work for (Birch Telecom) is relocating me to Fort Worth to manage the sales office there, so Connie & I are looking for a new home in the Burleson vicinity. Heard they (and Joshua) had very good school districts, so that's our target area. Didn't have much luck on the house hunting just yet, but then again, this was only our very first visit to the area.

Yes, I'm still looking to sell the Marauder. :bigcry: The Regal GS would never fill the Marauders' shoes, but its car payment sure would.....mainly because there wouldn't be one! :banana:
Yeah, that was pretty cool, J!! Given the option, I'd pick Burleson over Joshua for the schools. There's a stronger tax base in Burleson and they are able to attract/retain better teachers. I could be biased because I was there 2nd-12th grade (15 of the best years of my life:P ).The girls complain constantly that the High School in Joshua is overcrowded. DO NOT choose Everman under ANY circumstances. This has been home on and off for 33 years- if you need any guidance (or a cold beer) call me- I'll PM numbers. Y'all are welcome in my driveway anytime, no matter what you're driving.

2003 MIB
11-27-2004, 08:20 PM
while heading to Dallas today I saw another Marauder, it wasn't the same one I saw on turkey day,.. but almost in the same place.

Just south of Waco on I-35. He passed me and waved. I followed behind him for a while. But, my radar detector started blowin' up.. so I eased up and lost him. ....anyone here?
This will probably seem like a strange question, Tom but did it have a skull & crossbones sticker on the back window? Golfnut is a member (not real active on the board) but he's the king of I-35. He does regional sales that keeps him rolling up and down that road very often.

Petrograde
11-27-2004, 08:45 PM
no skull and crossbones, no inserts, no other visible mods.

I'll be traveling back and forth between Killeen and Dallas over the holidays, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

2003 MIB
11-27-2004, 09:34 PM
no skull and crossbones, no inserts, no other visible mods.

I'll be traveling back and forth between Killeen and Dallas over the holidays, I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Any chance of seeing you at J/E on the 9th?:banana2:

hdwrench
11-27-2004, 09:52 PM
I'll be there with the new wheels if i dont forget!

Petrograde
11-28-2004, 07:49 AM

I doubt I'll be up on a Thursday. :( any weekend functions coming up?

mrjones
11-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Well,.. I headed back to Big D today to pick up the wife and baby in the Marauder :banana: So, if anyone has a sighting on I-35 or I-20. It's just me. :P

My wife spotted a clean black Marauder on FM 439 Sunday out near BLORA. Was that you Petrograde? Out testing the new battery?

Petrograde
11-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I was near FM 439... well,.. I was on I-35 going through that area. ..And the MM was very clean, at the time.