PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles - mini meet - DIRECTEDBY, NBC SHOOTER, NAVCAHP, MERCUTIO

Directedby
11-27-2004, 04:01 PM
NAVCHAP (Keith) drove up from San Diego to let me and NBC SHOOTER (Ralph) drive his SC'd MM. We met a the muffler shop who did my install.

I was very impressed with Keith's car. It was really solid. The engine was really tight as was the suspension. It was like driving a different car. Thanks, Keith for letting me drive it - it was an E ticket.

DR did a great job with this car.

MERCUTIO (Will) also showed up to take some pics of Keith's car.

It was a fun day.

RocketCouch
11-27-2004, 04:28 PM
I just got the PM this morning from NAVCHAP and I wish I could have made it there. I am out visiting my family in Maryland for Thanksgiving till Monday.

Next time there's a get together, I am definetely in!

I actually saw NBCShooter on the way to the airport Wednesday morning. Small world eh? We actually cut him off turning right onto Sepulveda. Sorry Ralph :)

JamesHecker
11-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Hey! I didn't get the memo!

Don't forget me next time :bigcry:

TAF
11-27-2004, 05:47 PM
NAVCHAP (Keith) drove up from San Diego to let me and NBC SHOOTER (Ralph) drive his SC'd MM. We met a the muffler shop who did my install.
That's great to hear...it's been a while since you So Cal boys got together...

- it was an E ticket.
that's funny ^^^ I just used this phrase a couple weeks ago and had to explain it to all standing around...boy am I getting old.

Directedby
11-27-2004, 05:51 PM

Sorry James - it just kind of came together last minute.

Let's plan a bigger meet for January.

NAVCHAP
11-27-2004, 08:36 PM
We all actually decided last nite we were all going to meet for DirectedBy's install. We all just had the window of opportunity, so we figured we would do it.

Thanks to DB for introducing us to a great wrench who is an even better person. Love your tint, your tunes, and your intake & exhaust upgrades.

Thanks NBC, been trying to catch up with you for about a year and a half. Love your stance, your black out accents, and your exhaust note.

Thanks Mercutio, for being at FFW in Fontana and for checking out MM net. Appreciate the time you took out of your schedule, especially since you write about and photograph cars for a living. Nice previous generation T-Bird, a mid size Mustang.

Had a blast today, didn't even mind the extra hour on the return trip with the traffic and the wet road conditions.

We will do this again, I don't mind coming to LA, and if you want to come to SD I'll give you a tour of the ship.

Logan, this is why I love MMnet, great folks like the ones I spent today with, thanks for building this community. -kjs-

cruzer
11-27-2004, 09:06 PM
I really didn't know what to think when the phone rang as I sat in the den with Ginny, planning our day's activities. Imagine my surprize when Keith and the gang wished me Happy Birthday !!!!! That was a high point of the day. Ginny was VERY impressed that you folks would take the time and effort to call an old man on his birthday (she still doesn't understand the family we have on the net). Was happy to hear that everyone is having a good time sitting around a car garage on a Saturday morning---sounds like the '40s and '50s all over again. Again, thanks , folks, for thinking of me---can't wait to meet all of you personally. Keith, keep the boys in line and keep in touch, Maury

Patrick
11-27-2004, 09:19 PM

I was very impressed with Keith's car. It was really solid. The engine was really tight as was the suspension. It was like driving a different car. Thanks, Keith for letting me drive it - it was an E ticket.

DR did a great job with this car.

MERCUTIO (Will) also showed up to take some pics of Keith's car.

It was a fun day.

Got to luv get togethers!!!

TripleTransAm
11-28-2004, 07:21 AM
Thanks NBC, been trying to catch up with you for about a year and a half. Love your stance, your black out accents, and your exhaust note.

But how does his car look?

;)

Sounds like you guys had a good time... wish there were more Marauderers in my neighborhood.

NAVCHAP
11-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Steve, didn't mean to understate the phenomenal look of NBC's MM, it's striking!

:bows: :bows:
Check out the high quality photos in his gallery, especially since the Nittos and Eibachs along with the lowered bags. His black out package is awesome. BTW, the man can drive, he's super cool, and all 4 of us had a blast! -kjs-

:banana2: :banana2:

studio460
11-28-2004, 08:47 PM
I actually saw NBCShooter on the way to the airport Wednesday morning. Small world eh? We actually cut him off turning right onto Sepulveda. Sorry Ralph :)Hey Rocket! You did? I think I was northbound on La Tijera Blvd. Wednesday morning at about 7AM. Thursday morning, we had a shoot at LAX. Anyway, good to hear from you, Rocket. We gotta get together/talk sometime soon!

TripleTransAm
11-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Steve, didn't mean to understate the phenomenal look of NBC's MM, it's striking!

It was a play on words... but when your first language isn't English, you win some, you lose some. :o

studio460
11-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey! I didn't get the memo! Don't forget me next time . . .Sorry, James . . . I guess it was a last-minute thing. I BARELY found out myself, since me and NavChap happened to be PMing each other about something else. Let ya know next time, if I know, James!

studio460
11-28-2004, 09:57 PM
BTW, the man can drive, he's super cool, and all 4 of us had a blast!Just to let you all know, NavChap is probably the nicest guy I've ever met--and, boy, can he drive! I definitely owe NavChap a slammin' time in my driver's seat as soon as I get maraudernkc's ProCharger installed.

Now, lemme tell ya all about NavChap's driving skills . . . to show off the high-RPM power band of his Vortech-powered Marauder, he nearly made me pee my pants when he showed us the upper-RPM power band of his striking double white-striped blue Marauder as he accelerated around a flat curve at ??? miles per hour! As NavChap liked to put it, "it scoots."

studio460
11-28-2004, 10:02 PM
But how does his car look?Oh, sorry, Triple-T. Yeah, NavChap's car looks amazing. He's got 45-series Toyo 295s on the rear widened rims, and they look awesome and have a really great looking tread pattern. Also, it's really, really cool to look down on those double-white stripes down the center of his shining blue hood while blazing down the road at XXX miles per hour!

NAVCHAP
11-28-2004, 10:29 PM
NBC, 2 much! You know what I say to folks about having a change of underwears when they drive the DR S/C #1. Laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath. -kjs-

RocketCouch
11-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey Rocket! You did? I think I was northbound on La Tijera Blvd. Wednesday morning at about 7AM. Thursday morning, we had a shoot at LAX. Anyway, good to hear from you, Rocket. We gotta get together/talk sometime soon!

Yeah, La Tijera sounds about right. My girlfriend was taking me in her car. Noticed the all black Marauder coming up fast and saw the PP plates, figured it was you. I was at the airport about 7:05 Wednesday morning.

Once my car is back together, you're damn right we gotta get together. I gotta race you before you get that damn blower installed :P stupid 4 valves...

studio460
11-28-2004, 11:42 PM
Beauty shot . . . (doesn't do justice--it's compressed to a quality of '3' in Photoshop to maintain a <100K filesize).

Directedby
11-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Beauty shot . . . (doesn't do justice--it's compressed to a quality of '3' in Photoshop to maintain a <100K filesize).

Hey Ralph, can you post some more pics of our 3 cars? Thanks and it was great zooming around town with you and Keith the other day.

Paul

studio460
11-28-2004, 11:59 PM
My girlfriend was taking me in her car. Noticed the all black Marauder coming up fast and saw the PP plates, figured it was you. I was at the airport about 7:05 Wednesday morning. Once my car is back together, you're damn right we gotta get together--I gotta race you before you get that damn blower installed stupid 4 valves . . .HA! Oh, that's just too funny, Rocket! Yup. Had to be me. I've never seen another Marauder with press plates in L.A. yet (I've seen maybe only 15 other Marauders in L.A.). I gotta go like XXMPH after I cross Sepulveda to make the green light at Manchester. Got those lights timed to the second after making that same commute for the last eight years! Once you car's back together??? Did you take it apart again??? I thought you were happily making some ridiculous HP after your blower install last year? Answer me in a PM if this is too off-topic for this thread . . .

studio460
11-29-2004, 01:26 AM
Hey, DirectedBy!

I forgot to thank you for making the mini-meet happen! Also, for turning me on to that exhaust shop! And for showing me your new JLT intake (which looked freaking AWESOME!). I posted one more pic in the above post of all three cars (heavily compressed). Here's one of my Marauder with that field in the background. Car looks even MORE slammed because of the uneven ground!

martyo
11-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Now, lemme tell ya all about NavChap's driving skills . . .

Just remember that Keith has some pretty good connections "higher" up so he has better insurance than a lot of us!!! :P

Oh yeah and his car just looks simply awesome and needs to be displayed in all its glory:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48 31

MM03MOK
11-29-2004, 05:41 AM
I feel another Avatar change coming on!!! Sweet shot, NBC!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48 31

mercutio
11-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for putting up with my shooting and waiting around in what us West Coasters call freezing cold. I'll do a little photo resizing and put a shot or two up, but you can look for the full feature on Keith's car in an upcoming issue of Super Rod.
Will

jgc61sr2002
11-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Will - Welcome aboard. :welcome:

NAVCHAP
11-29-2004, 06:59 PM
The photo you emailed me today was spectacular! Really cool that someone who photos and writes about cars for a living appreciates the work and the time that has gone into this MM. :bows:

BTW, thanks to Dennis Reinhart, who took all my "what ifs?" and turned them into "here you go!" -kjs- :banana2:

ncmm
11-29-2004, 07:35 PM
You guys are having way to much fun! :bows: :banana2: :bows: :banana2: :bows: :banana2:

That's what it's all about!!!! :burnout:

jefferson-mo
11-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey Keith, it looks like time for a grille change..................

NAVCHAP
11-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Jeff: You know me better than anyone else on this site, and you know what happens when you put ideas into my head. Let me get my QA 1s and my exhaust upgrades, maybe brake calipers, buff the scratches out of my glass, paint some accents, clean a couple of super glue dots out of my interior....:rofl: :rofl: :cool5: :banana: -kjs-

drgnrdr33
11-30-2004, 10:02 AM

Me too. I'm in LA almost every week.

stevengerard
11-30-2004, 10:16 AM
I posted in the other thread as well, but Navchap whats the 411 on the rocker panel stripes, I want them, are they decals where do i get them? etc etc etc?

BIG B
11-30-2004, 11:00 AM
He guys,
Next time you get together I would love to join ya and meet some So Cal MMs.

ParkRanger
12-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Sorry James - it just kind of came together last minute.

Let's plan a bigger meet for January.

Just returned from NYC and sorry I missed the mini meet! Still would like to see Navchap's S/C'd beauty and see those exhausts. Can we do it again in Jan?? :D

PR :burnout:

drgnrdr33
12-01-2004, 06:47 PM
He guys,
Next time you get together I would love to join ya and meet some So Cal MMs.

Hey Big B, you wouldn't have happened to have been following me say two weeks ago, evening, going N on 101, left lane, around Moorpark or Lynn Road? I saw a familiar front end in my mirror but it was too dark to tell for sure until I exited and saw a black MM go by with license plates that start with 5.

Sactown
12-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a good time. I'd try to make a future meet, would be great to meet you all. Maybe some other NorCal folks might drive down as well.

FordNut
12-02-2004, 12:32 PM
HEY,
Any of you guys near Oceanside? If so, I wanted to see if I could get somebody to drop by DG Motorsports so they can look at the radiator cover before making the carbon fiber one.

Thanks!

jefferson-mo
12-02-2004, 01:09 PM
HEY,
Any of you guys near Oceanside? If so, I wanted to see if I could get somebody to drop by DG Motorsports so they can look at the radiator cover before making the carbon fiber one.

Thanks!
Hey guy we make deliveries to O'side 2 times a day. I can just send him a new one as a sample.

Give me a call with the specifics....................a nything for you guys

800-826-6702 x2447 til 7PM EST

Jefferson :up:

Directedby
12-02-2004, 01:10 PM
HEY,

Thanks!

NAVCAHP lives in San Diego which is really close to Oceanside - drop him an email.

FordNut
12-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey guy we make deliveries to O'side 2 times a day. I can just send him a new one as a sample.

Give me a call with the specifics....................a nything for you guys

800-826-6702 x2447 til 7PM EST

Jefferson :up:
I've already got a new one to send, but they want to look at a car with the OEM one still installed. I guess to see if there are any special clearance issues to worry about.

FordNut
12-02-2004, 02:11 PM
NAVCAHP lives in San Diego which is really close to Oceanside - drop him an email.
Will do. Thanks.

BIG B
12-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey drgnrdr33
Sorry Dude, wasn't me. My MM is silver and I don't have plates yet. Although I have seen that same Marauder as well as one more in my neighborhood. I do work in Newberry Park/T.O. so I'm sure we'll see eachother sooner or later.

Safe Motoring.
Big B

RocketCouch
12-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Hey drgnrdr33
Sorry Dude, wasn't me. My MM is silver and I don't have plates yet. Although I have seen that same Marauder as well as one more in my neighborhood. I do work in Newberry Park/T.O. so I'm sure we'll see eachother sooner or later.

Safe Motoring.
Big B

Just saw a black MM with the spoiler around town today. I know that's gotta be one of you guys. Who else knows about the spoiler?

If you see a green or red CV with ADTR stickers, don't be shy!

drgnrdr33
12-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Just saw a black MM with the spoiler around town today. I know that's gotta be one of you guys. Who else knows about the spoiler?

If you see a green or red CV with ADTR stickers, don't be shy!

Not me. There is another Black MM around TO but I've not met the driver.

NAVCHAP
12-03-2004, 08:53 PM
(#1) Possibility for a nice mini-meet!

Anyone who is interested there's a Toys For Tots benefit car show at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego, tomorrow, Saturday 04 December 04. 8-10am for set up and the show goes from 10am-2pm.

I'll be there with the DR S/C MM #1. Entry fee 5 bucks and one unwrapped toy. Worthy cause. Not a bad ride down the I-5. Easily accessible from Rosecrans or Pacific Highway.

(#2) Ford nut, send me a pm or a msg to my hotmail. Can't access my dot mil account right now. Want to help you with your radiator cover.

Thanks West Coast Marauders! Definitely want to get together in Jan 05, recommend MLK weekend. -kjs-

HwyCruiser
12-03-2004, 09:56 PM

Also, it's really, really cool to look down on those double-white stripes down the center of his shining blue hood while blazing down the road at XXX miles per hour!

Not to mention seeing this in your rear-view mirror... I think I still have some of the stripes on my back bumper from the trip into Indy!

:lol:

- JD

NAVCHAP
12-03-2004, 10:55 PM
JD, now that you have nitrous, you'll be able to keep a safe distance, bwaa-haa! I was waiting for you to bite on NBC's comment... -kjs- :banana2:

NAVCHAP
12-04-2004, 04:38 PM
It was fun, we got some rain, but people came out because it was a benefit for Toys for Tots. Probably wouldn't have been a good day for the LA folks to come down.

Any ideas about getting together over the next couple of weeks? -kjs-

Directedby
12-04-2004, 04:40 PM
It was fun, we got some rain, but people came out because it was a benefit for Toys for Tots. Probably wouldn't have been a good day for the LA folks to come down.

Any ideas about getting together over the next couple of weeks? -kjs-

Keith -

After the New Year, I am going to plan a meet at LACR (Los Angeles County Raceway) which is a 1/4 mile track.

Maybe mid january.

NAVCHAP
12-05-2004, 12:59 PM
DB: Out of town on vacation first two weekends of January. Will be around the next couple of weekends in December, if anyone hears about things at the last minute. Would also be open to a Sunday afternoon depending on locations. Obviously Sunday morning won't work since I'm on duty. BTW, trying to get my MM to Oceanside for the radiator cover guys to look at it. My schedule doesn't match the shop schedule, trying to work something out. -kjs-

Directedby
12-05-2004, 01:08 PM
DB: Out of town on vacation first two weekends of January. Will be around the next couple of weekends in December, if anyone hears about things at the last minute. Would also be open to a Sunday afternoon depending on locations. Obviously Sunday morning won't work since I'm on duty. BTW, trying to get my MM to Oceanside for the radiator cover guys to look at it. My schedule doesn't match the shop schedule, trying to work something out. -kjs-

Thanks, Keith.

I need to call the track and find out what nights or weekends they have avail to race.

Maybe the 3rd week in January after you get back.

Paul

mercutio
12-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Just wanted to post a few of my pics from the Van Nuys meet. All are resized for small size, if you really want one, PM me and I have 8.0 megapixel TIFs. You'll get to see more soon in Super Rod.

mercutio
12-06-2004, 03:51 PM
And one more.

jefferson-mo
12-06-2004, 03:57 PM
And one more.
Never seen NBC with his hat on forwards! :rofl:

Quite a handsome guy

martyo
12-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Did I mention that I really like Keith's car?

I am going to put silver stripes on mine. That will be Hell Boy and we will call Keith's car "Heaven Boy." Keith is better connected than I am!! :D

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Oy, I need a nap. I am going to go lay down now....

NAVCHAP
12-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Marty: The man who uses words for a living is speechless. -kjs-

ParkRanger
12-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Keith.

I need to call the track and find out what nights or weekends they have avail to race.

Maybe the 3rd week in January after you get back.

Paul

Paul:

Anymore info on this? It sounds like a good time and looking forward to it. :D

Maybe the Vegas crowd can join in?

Park Ranger :burnout:

NAVCHAP
12-29-2004, 08:29 PM
West Coast Marauders: Will be leaving town tomorrow for the next two weekends and the week in between. Couldn't get to the San Diego Auto Show tonite or the one in Anaheim in October, so I'll definitely be trying to get to the one in LA on the MLK weekend, most likely Sat 15 Jan, since it closes on Sun 16 Jan. Anyone else interested? -kjs-