PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather power

muslhed
11-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Not too long ago, I was complaining about how extremely sluggish my MM has been. It ran a best of 14.6 with less than 1000 miles on the ticker, and then began running mid 15's with about 15K on it! I got fed up with everything, and pitched an adolescent fit with the dealer I bought it from, and they made some changes. NOW, it runs like a scalded freakin' dawg! Don't know if it's the colder weather, but it now runs the best its ever run! I played with a newer model blue Lightening on 360 earlier this week, and he beat me, but not very badly. I was impressed! Makes me not want to sell it......

stevengerard
11-30-2004, 11:47 AM
yep amazing what a few tweaks will do, now add the 410s!

TripleTransAm
11-30-2004, 11:54 AM
So what did they change? This should be listed in detail in the service records.

SergntMac
11-30-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm up for a WAG...Injectors cleaned, O2 sensors cleaned/replaced, and/or fuel filter cleaned/replaced.

muslhed
11-30-2004, 12:06 PM
They rebuilt my limited slip, replaced both axle shafts, and all the bearings. They told me that these rear ends have some problematic axle bearings, and mine was worn out so bad, that it had literally grooved the axle shaft itself! They did something with the computer, but I don't know what. Apparently the rear end being in such a bind was the main issue. Still shifts like crap though. I know a programmer would solve that, but I want to sell this thing, not put more money into it!

SergntMac
11-30-2004, 12:43 PM
See? That's why I don't buy Lottery tickets...