PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me if they have an alarm?

DougKing77
01-31-2003, 02:45 PM
OK guys. Can someone tell me if ANY Marauders have an alarm? The dealer is telling me that none of them have an alarm (i.e. lock door, open door 2 minutes later WITHOUT activating remote, horn goes off, lights flash). I seem to distinctly recall FordNut telling me he had an alarm on his MM (I am assuming a 300A) but may be wrong. I don't want to tell them they are incorrect without someone who has verified this in their own MM be it a 300A or 300B. The more I research the differences between the cars the more frustrated I become. Perhaps we can take a poll to find out what exactly is present on a 300A and 300B since Mercury itself doesn’t seem to know: heck, maybe even list cars by month of manufacture since Mercury seems to like variety:rolleyes:

LincMercLover
01-31-2003, 02:51 PM
OK, someone go outside and beat on your car and see if anything goes off! Come on, any takers? :D

SergntMac
01-31-2003, 03:45 PM
300A, no factory alarm. Only theft deterrent is the ignition key thingy, and the red light on the dash is for diagnostics (or so I was told).

RCSignals
01-31-2003, 04:06 PM
Some of the Town Cars do have an a "perimeter" alarm. Maybe that is what your salesman was thinking of.

LincMercLover
01-31-2003, 04:17 PM
I had an Explorer (rental) that did that to me. Every once in awhile, when I went to go somewhere, I'd unlock the door (with the key of course because they didn't give me the fob) and when I opened it the alarm went off. Only way to get it off was to start the motor.

FordNut
01-31-2003, 04:37 PM
I went out and tried to set it off on mine and couldn't get anything to happen except with the key fob alarm button. Apparently the Marauder does not have an alarm. I must have gotten one of the other cars mixed up with the MM, 'cause they have alarms (LS, MarkVII). Sorry for any confusion or mis-information I may have contributed to. Now that I find that it has no alarm, I'll have to research having one installed.

Menace
01-31-2003, 05:25 PM
Owners manual pgs.76-77,SECURILOK PASSIVE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM.Owners manual also list as an accessory MOLDED SPLASH GAURDS pg209,which my dealer can not locate.

Menace
01-31-2003, 05:27 PM
:confused: