12-01-2004, 07:02 AM
I have a list of Mods that I need done.

Sway Bar
Watts Link
Control Arms
High Perf. Trans Rebuild Kit
Cooling Mod
Torque Converter

But once again I run into the dilema of where/how to get them installed. I was looking at S & K Speed but according to their internet site they only do Manual trannys. Does anyone have suggestions. By the way for those that don't know I live on the south shore of Long Island.

SergntMac
12-01-2004, 07:47 AM
I have a list of Mods that I need done.

Sway Bar
Watts Link
Control Arms
High Perf. Trans Rebuild Kit
Cooling Mod
Torque Converter

But once again I run into the dilema of where/how to get them installed. I was looking at S & K Speed but according to their internet site they only do Manual trannys. Does anyone have suggestions. By the way for those that don't know I live on the south shore of Long Island.
None of your mods are technically difficult, any certified wrench worth his salt should be able to handle them, no problem.

I've been very lucky to find great wrenches by shopping the independent small businessman. IMHO, any wrench who breaks away from the safety of dealership employment to front his own talent, has his butt on the line along with your's. Look through the neighborhood, they're all around you, check referrences, BBB complaints, chat with the wrench, and so on. Shop like you're looking for a new doctor/dentist.

Watts link, sway bar and control arms could be done by a frame shop, get a 4 wheel alignment while you're there. The back follows the front, and when you change the back that much, better tell the front wazzup, eh?

Tranny mods, T/C and cooling kit is a bit more complicated, but could be done in one upgrade to save you money on labor. A good tranny shop should be easy to find, ask the local non-tranny auto repair shops where they send customers to?

jgc61sr2002
12-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Harry - Marty used Mustang Magic in Deer Park. He was satisified with there work. Give him a call.

valkyrie
12-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Harry - Marty used Mustang Magic in Deer Park. He was satisified with there work. Give him a call.

I talked to Joe from Mustang Magic, once! He will never work on my car. I don't like his attitude!

Marauder
12-01-2004, 09:17 AM
I'll put your sway in for ya!!!

valkyrie
12-01-2004, 09:19 AM
I'll put your sway in for ya!!!

Let's do it! How about this wekend?

What tools do we need?

Marauder
12-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Let's do it! How about this wekend?

What tools do we need?

This weekend I can't because I'm going down to the CAM meet in Maryland.

All we need is a simple socket wrench set.

In all honesty, it can be done in an hour at most....what about a weeknight? I'm free tonight and tomrrow night.

valkyrie
12-01-2004, 10:58 AM
This weekend I can't because I'm going down to the CAM meet in Maryland.

All we need is a simple socket wrench set.

In all honesty, it can be done in an hour at most....what about a weeknight? I'm free tonight and tomrrow night.

How about tomorrow night and we can do Hooters after. Call Ralph and bring him to.

Marauder
12-01-2004, 11:05 AM
How about tomorrow night and we can do Hooters after. Call Ralph and bring him to.

Sounds like a plan!!! What time is good for you? I can be there as early as 5pm if needed.

valkyrie
12-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Sounds like a plan!!! What time is good for you? I can be there as early as 5pm if needed.

I get home at 5:15pm.

Marauder
12-01-2004, 11:14 AM

Cool...I'll be there at that time if you want.

Bigdogjim
12-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Harry: Contact Mike Mielnicki.

Do a search in the member list. Send him a e-mail. Mike has a Marauder and a shop in East Brunswick, NJ which is not that far from Long Island. I am sure he would be happy to help you. Mike does not post much. I sure he is still around. I have his phone # someplace? If I come accross it I'll pm you:)

Good luck.

If he does it on a Saturday we can get together and have a "meet" at his place:burnout:

valkyrie
12-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Harry: Contact Mike Mielnicki.

Do a search in the member list. Send him a e-mail. Mike has a Marauder and a shop in East Brunswick, NJ which is not that far from Long Island. I am sure he would be happy to help you. Mike does not post much. I sure he is still around. I have his phone # someplace? If I come accross it I'll pm you:)

Good luck.

If he does it on a Saturday we can get together and have a "meet" at his place:burnout:

Thanks Jim

Bigdogjim
12-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Harry I sent an e-mail to Mike still looking for the phone #........................

Marauder
12-02-2004, 07:22 AM

So 5:15pm is still good right?

valkyrie
12-02-2004, 07:46 AM
So 5:15pm is still good right?

Yes that is good. Call me later and I will give directions if you need.

SergntMac
12-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Ahhh...The old "honey, I gotta go, dis guy needs my help" excuse...

Nice play, guys, maybe y'all could give Da Bears a few hints?

DEFYANT
12-02-2004, 08:05 AM
This sounds fun! Wish I was takin a trip up home. Anyway, Amazon Racing has a good rep among the mustang crowd. They are located in Edgewood MD. A mere 3.5 - 4 hrs from LINY.