PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Club Christmas Party

cruzer
12-01-2004, 08:55 PM
:) The Lone Star Cougar Club is having their Christmas party on Saturday , Dec 11th from 1 PM til ???? at Shane and Jennifer Chandler's home in Van Alstyne. It's a Pot Luck type party--just bring a dish that everyone would enjoy and can be passed around. I will publish directions later tonite---going to the chat room--be right back, Maury

cruzer
12-01-2004, 11:06 PM
The party will be at 487 Milam Road, Van Alstyne, Tx. Van Alstyne is a few miles North of McKiiney, off Hwy-75::
Hwy 75 North towards Sherman
Exit # 50---County Line Road--turn right at stop sign onto County Line Road
Continue on County Line road ( east) to Hwy 5
Turn left at stop sign ( north) onto Hwy 5 ( South Grayson Water tower is the landmark)
Turn right (east) on FM 3133--across from housing development and Elementary School
Cross railroad tracks and continue for approx. 3 miles
Turn left (north) on Jim Cannon Road NOTE !!!! No street sign !!! Jim Cannon Road is the first road on the left after the bridge on top of the hill across from the house with the GREEN roof !!!
Turn right (east) on to Milam Road
3rd house on the left---- :help: :help:

If you think you are confused--imagine what an old coot like me is thinking ;)
Maybe we should plan to meet somewhere along 75 and have a good navigator lead us to the place--any volunteers for a meeting place and navigator ????
Last Christmas, Logan and I were the only Marauders there---let's see if we can improve on that---somebody has to at least fill in for Logan :)
For more info call :
903-482-5285 or 903-814-5514
or check the Lone Star Cougar Club web site thru linky
I'll keep you posted, Maury

jfclancy
12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
hey Maury Grand Wizard
Did it occur to You that these folks might not want directions on how to get to thier home on an open web site?

for future referance please refrain from giving directions to my house

Joe Clancy :beer: :beer:

Maybe we should plan to meet somewhere along 75 and have a good navigator lead us to the place--any volunteers for a meeting place and navigator ????
Last Christmas, Logan and I were the only Marauders there---let's see if we can improve on that---somebody has to at least fill in for Logan :)
For more info call :
I'll keep you posted, Maury[/QUOTE]

cruzer
12-02-2004, 08:38 PM
hey Maury Grand Wizard
Did it occur to You that these folks might not want directions on how to get to thier home on an open web site?

for future referance please refrain from giving directions to my house

Joe Clancy :beer: :beer:

For more info call :
I'll keep you posted, Maury[/QUOTE]
Joe, those directions were taken directly from the LSCC Members web site---see you there----if you can find it :beer: Maury

cruzer
12-02-2004, 08:43 PM
It would help if I could give a count of Marauders and familys attending the party---makes planning how much main course we need easier . Could you let me know by next Thurs nite before the J/E meet? Thanks, Maury :help:

cruzer
12-07-2004, 10:05 PM
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: Folks, I need to know who's going by 1 PM on Thursday--will be leaving for J/E to have my emergency brakes fixed at 2:00 PM---we can''t buy supplies unless we have an idea of how many will be there :bows: :bows: PLEASE respond ASAP :confused: Maury

hdwrench
12-07-2004, 10:08 PM
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: Folks, I need to know who's going by 1 PM on Thursday--will be leaving for J/E to have my emergency brakes fixed at 2:00 PM---we can''t buy supplies unless we have an idea of how many will be there :bows: :bows: PLEASE respond ASAP :confused: Maury
i cant make the party i have to work.. i will be a J/E on thrusday though

MAD-3R
12-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Uhh Sure. Me and Mine will show.

Vortex
12-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Just found out today Ill be working all weekend... :mad:

MAD-3R's Wife
12-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Uhh Sure. Me and Mine will show.

I can bring brownies if you think they would go over well. :D

Rollin'Thunder
12-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Sorry! We have prior commitments on the 11th. Can't make it.
Going to try to be at J/E on Thursday, though.
Bill

cruzer
12-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Well, it looks like the weather is going to be great for a drive----so, let's have a party. I was told last nite that there will be plenty of meat for everyone--this is pot-luck, so bring a salad, veggie, desert, etc. Drinks are furnished---If you would like to participate in a town parade in Anna--a few miles away--meet at the house and we'll drive up together--be there by 12 Noon . Looks like a great day, so, ya'll come---see you there, Maury
PS--if anyone wants to meet in McKinney and drive in together , give me a call on my cell---817-296-3819

LiLWrink
12-15-2004, 12:52 PM
:wreath2:It was fun seeing you at the house! glad you all made it!:wreath2:
I appreciate youall being concerned about the address, and for our well being, and we did think of things that could happen...we just dont believe that someone from the car crowd would use our address for ill intent. And even if some little troll did,:woohoo: they would run a high risk of meeting LiLWrink:cowboy:, and get themselves invited to a good old fashioned, East Texas Coon hunt.:flag:

WE had been worried that noone would show, because we live so far out...
Of course Maury was the first one to miss our house, and drive smooth right on by...(he couldnt see my shop)but I was watching and went to flag him down when he got turned around, and came back by.
Once Maury's Marauder was sitting there no one else missed our house, and we were really happy to see you all arriving!
The weather was just beautiful, the food was great, what did ya'll think about the venison roast with the "special" gravy?:food:

I got to show all of you all my new shop! Even if I didnt have it 100% completed, it is still my crown jewel!

Doug Bodenstiener won the Burnout competition!:burnout: There has not been that much smoke at my house since the last time it was on fire! There was some speculation about what my neighbors thought about the burnouts. I can answer that, 2 of them wanted to know what kind of cars they(the Marauder's) were--1 wanted to know about the paint on Ray's orange Cougar...My neighbors are extremly cool, and they dont miss much!

I was only disapointed that I could not entice any of the clubmembers to stay and participate in the Christmas parade in Van Alstyne. Even that turned out very well--since I was not involved IN the parade, I was free to spectate, and enjoy the kids. we picked up a bucketful of candy...

It was a great party, and if you were not there, you missed a good'un!
Thank You All! Ya'll come back now, ya hear!
Shane:bunny2:

Redster
12-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Good day, great food, whata garage!! Thanks for having us.
Had a some fun on my way back on Farm Road 455. A neat road with a fair share of curves and hills. Thought maybe I was driving kinda fast until I got passed by a couple of sport bikes going about 130.

LiLWrink
01-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Beware! there are black and white crown vics that patrol 455, over at Lake Ray Roberts...:coolman: