PDA

View Full Version : JLT CAI's now available at MM.NET!

Tucker
12-02-2004, 04:21 AM
Hi all.
Some have heard of JLT and some haven't. I make and sell induction systems for various cars including the Marauder. There are many customers on this site and to them I say thank you.

What I offer is a complete kit from the throttle body to the filter. (pic below).
You will use your stock MAF and that's all.
The pipe in the system is offered in Black or any color you wish. In stock I have Black, Torch Red, Sonic blue and a custom color changing color very close to the Mystichrome on the 04 Cobras.
New Pricing is as follows:
kit from tb to MAF: $65 in black and & $80 in color
MAF adaptor $20 (you will need this if you are stock. It allows the use of a clamp on filter.
9" S&B Powerstack filter $35
S&B breather $10 (this is optional. It replaces the PCV hose going to the intake pipe, reducing the amount of oil getting recirculated into the intake)

So a complete system with out the breather is $120 + shipping.

I have done before and after dyno testing of this product with great gains.
You can expect atleast 8-10 RWHP and RWTQ form this mod!

Orders can be made from the web site www.jlttruecoldair.com (http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/) or call them in @ 757 335 1940

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!!
Jay Tucker

SergntMac
12-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Niiiice...

Tucker
12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
The sale is over, BUT the permanent price went down.

So if you missed the sale @ $118.75 you only missed out on $1.25 as the NEW price is $120 complete.

Hope this clears things up.:beer:

BruteForce
12-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Got mine today but the car's in the shop getting the underbody lights put on. Looking forward to the new look and feel. :burnout:

Tucker
12-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Got mine today but the car's in the shop getting the underbody lights put on. Looking forward to the new look and feel. :burnout:Great man. Let us know what you think.
Jay

Kramer
12-06-2004, 07:50 PM
What's this change do to the warranty?

Tucker
12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
What's this change do to the warranty?I can't imagine anything at all. Heck, I've had a few local guys referred to me by there dealer.
But, if your worried, just swap the stocker back before you go in for warranty work. It's a very simple job.
Plus, the dealer must prove the mod had something to do with the damage your claiming.

Any others have thoughts on this??

I also think it has a lot to do with you and your dealer. Go in nice and ask questions and things should go well. Run in demanding things and they will look for something to void the work.

bigslim
12-06-2004, 10:19 PM
After having the K&N Air Charger put on my car and seeing the results it is hard for me to believe that is getting an extra 10hp. I don't want to start a war but on a N/A MM the results aren't that impressive. There is a bigger difference with a blown car then with a N/A car. Maybe your air unit works better than the K&N but I would have to see.

Tucker
12-07-2004, 04:10 AM
After having the K&N Air Charger put on my car and seeing the results it is hard for me to believe that is getting an extra 10hp. Maybe your air unit works better than the K&N but I would have to see.
If you look at the K&N you will see a big difference in tube diameter and air path. The K&N is much smaller and has (what looks to be) close to a 90deg bend into the TB.

The JLT is true 4" ID and a straight shot to the TB. The bend is only 45deg and keeps the 4"id.

Plus the fact that the JLT is only $120 and the K&N is what? $250+?

From reading the posts on MM.net. The JLT customers have reported great SOTP gains and the few K&N owners reported "barely feeling anything" I think that speaks for it self.

martyo
12-07-2004, 04:57 AM
From reading the posts on MM.net. The JLT customers have reported great SOTP gains and the few K&N owners reported "barely feeling anything" I think that speaks for it self.

Once again, proving that "Size does matter" which explains why Todd feels so crappy all the time! :lol:

bigslim
12-07-2004, 09:50 AM
If you look at the K&N you will see a big difference in tube diameter and air path. The K&N is much smaller and has (what looks to be) close to a 90deg bend into the TB.

The JLT is true 4" ID and a straight shot to the TB. The bend is only 45deg and keeps the 4"id.

Plus the fact that the JLT is only $120 and the K&N is what? $250+?

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering how many dyno runs did you before and after the install? I am just learning some facts here. Thank you. By the way, here is my K&N for others to see.

bigslim
12-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Actually, looking at the pictures again my K&N looks to have a bigger tube with about the same bend going into the intake.

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Your right Slim, I put the pictures side by side and the K&N looks like it would have better air flow. It also looks like it has a much bigger filter.

Amsoil_Dealer
12-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Tucker,

Will this gizmo work on my 2002 (2) valve Crown Vic? Expected gains?

Don

DEFYANT
12-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering how many dyno runs did you before and after the install? I am just learning some facts here. Thank you. By the way, here is my K&N for others to see.
I like the "box" around the filter on the K&N set. Looks like it helps with keeping the hot air from being sucked into the engine. Does the JLT have something like that?

Tucker
12-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Actually, looking at the pictures again my K&N looks to have a bigger tube with about the same bend going into the intake.You can tell that the tube on the K&N is smaller by the fact that the tube is the same size as the MAF. Which is 80mm or 3.2".
The filter on the K&N is big, but only because it need to fit that big "flow ring" that bolts to the MAF. The reason for that is to funnel the air nice and smooth into the MAF.
The S&B filters I use have this built in. S&B patented this flange style. Plus it's over 9" in lengh with a filtered top. The K&N is capped on the top.
http://www.sbfilters.com/pdf/Absolute_Air_Flow_Filters.pdf

The K&N is a nice kit for sure and you should have seen a power difference. I just offer something at less then half the price, that's avaliable in different colors and has good gains.
When I dynoed the car, I did 2 runs in stock form and 2 with the JLT. Conditions were the same for all runs and were done back to back.

Amsoil_Dealer: sorry this will not fit the Crown Vic.

Defyant" No I do not have a shield as of yet, but because of the fact it's not really helping much. Once you get above 25mph the IAC (inlet air temp) drops to near ambiant air temp. There is more air flow under the hood then you would think. This can be done with any hand help programmer. Data log while driving and you will see.
I do plan on coming up with something, but it will not "box" in the filter. These styles (not K&N) don't make since. Your blocking avaliable air. More warm air is better then less cool air.

Brutus
12-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Defyant" No I do not have a shield as of yet, but because of the fact it's not really helping much. Once you get above 25mph the IAC (inlet air temp) drops to near ambiant air temp. There is more air flow under the hood then you would think. This can be done with any hand help programmer. Data log while driving and you will see.
I do plan on coming up with something, but it will not "box" in the filter. These styles (not K&N) don't make since. Your blocking avaliable air. More warm air is better then less cool air.I can verify this info. I had a tuner hooked up to my 2000 CVPI tonite and at idle IAT was over 100 degrees. Once I started driving it went down to 73. The temp outside was about 65.

bigslim
12-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Thank you Tucker. It is nice to have other parts offered to us for reasonable prices. I am sure any of the air-chargers make an improvement over stock. I am sure you sell quite a few at that price. It does look good to.

Tucker
12-08-2004, 04:13 AM
I can verify this info. I had a tuner hooked up to my 2000 CVPI tonite and at idle IAT was over 100 degrees. Once I started driving it went down to 73. The temp outside was about 65.Thanks Man!

Bradley G
12-08-2004, 06:16 AM
;) You are killing me Marty,:rofl: :lol: :shot:

Bradley G

Once again, proving that "Size does matter" which explains why Todd feels so crappy all the time! :lol:

Bradley G
12-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Sorry Jay,For my out burst... He He ! :Offtopic:
Bradley G

TechHeavy
12-09-2004, 01:46 PM
...getting the underbody lights put on...
Wahhhhh!!!! :bigcry:

BruteForce
12-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Wahhhhh!!!! :bigcry:

Ah come on man. Its only some lights. :o Maybe you can get Embassy to fab a set for you.

TechHeavy
12-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Ah come on man. Its only some lights. :o Maybe you can get Embassy to fab a set for you.
LOL! Bruteforce, I'm just giving you a hard time! I have an idea for a mod using the same power lead only different lights. This could actually be more of what I was looking for anyway...
However, if it hadn't been for that bastage "Ed" at the dealership I could be installing the same kit as you now...
Oh well, it all works out in the end, (glass is half full)! Let me know how you like the install when complete ok? :)

BruteForce
12-09-2004, 02:40 PM
I've had it back with underbody lights now for a couple days (and nights). Really like the look at night. When I'm approaching in a dark parking lot and unlock using the key fob, the lights kinda look like they're saying "Back off everybody. Boss is coming". One thing I'm going to look at is maybe switching to black light bulbs. One thing Donnie didn't note in his writeup is that they turn on with the dome light so I can switch 'em on while driving too. Not sure how useful that is other than to add to the "WTF is it" factor. :D

LOL! Bruteforce, I'm just giving you a hard time! I have an idea for a mod using the same power lead only different lights. This could actually be more of what I was looking for anyway...
However, if it hadn't been for that bastage "Ed" at the dealership I could be installing the same kit as you now...
Oh well, it all works out in the end, (glass is half full)! Let me know how you like the install when complete ok? :)

SergntMac
12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
After having the K&N Air Charger put on my car and seeing the results it is hard for me to believe that is getting an extra 10hp. I don't want to start a war but on a N/A MM the results aren't that impressive. There is a bigger difference with a blown car then with a N/A car. Maybe your air unit works better than the K&N but I would have to see.
Ummm...Thanks, BigSlim, you just gave me an idea.

Y'all...I've given Tucker more Q&A on his product than most members here, and I like some of the points he responded with. I think he's got a good looking kit, and I think it performs as well as(if not better than) other induction upgrade kits, and cost is a factor in that too. For a while, I believed there wasn't much I could do to bring some fairness to his game, but thanks to BigSlim, I may be able to do that. Jay...Look at this pic?

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/6444/password/d746d272dfed711f349d5453ed3b71 f7/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

That's the induction path of the Kenny Brown #1x, the first supercharged Marauder ever built, and built over two years ago. Long before any of the aftermarket induction kits we see today were thought of, let alone made available, hell, it's older than the K&N panel filter, and the superb Trilogy S/C kit. That's the stock/OEM MAF in use, and almost in it's OEM location too.

You also see a custom hand made carbon fiber "bellows" which is very rough inside, like unfinished fiberglass. I'm sure this unfinished inside causes unnecessary turbulence that affects power, and I never liked that. I could care less about the polished exterior, but I believe a smooth and polished interior will make a difference at the RWs. Moreover, it's the bellows all KB builds get, and since there are 50 some KB cars on the pavement, your bellows may be a major improvement for us KB owners, and other owners here may be interested.

If your product shows improvement over what KB developed over two years ago, I'll buy one, and I am sure other KB owners will too. So, here's my offer, Jay. Look at my pics, and if you think your kit will fit my application, please consider fronting me one kit for testing. Just because I'm supercharged doesn't mean I'm not willing to buy 10, or, more RWHP for 120 bucks. That's real bang for the buck IMHO, and I want to investigate this. If I like the results, I'll buy it. If not, I'll return it. Either way, expect me to tell the truth about it here.

Drop me a line at SergntMac@aol.com if you need to see more pics of the KB induction path. Moreover, if you are wondering about my intent, contact Wes Chain, Dennis Reinhart, or, Todd Cook of TCE. I've done this kind of testing for all of them, with legit 411 for our membership.

Tucker
12-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Mac, it looks to me like my pipe my need to be shorter. Maybe 2" or so. OR, a shorter adaptor from the aftercooler to the MAF. I have that.
What is the outlet size on the cooler? Looks like 3", if so I think I can come up with all the elbows, reducers and MAF adaptor needed.

I would like to get the MAF closer to the cooler to allow a larger volume of air between the MAF and the TB.

MAC, send me your address at jay@jlttruecoldair.com and I will get you what I think will get you going.
BTW, what color? and PCV hook up or breather? I can do either.
Thanks
Jay

SergntMac
12-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Mac, it looks to me like my pipe my need to be shorter. Maybe 2" or so. OR, a shorter adaptor from the aftercooler to the MAF. I have that. What is the outlet size on the cooler? Looks like 3", if so I think I can come up with all the elbows, reducers and MAF adaptor needed. I would like to get the MAF closer to the cooler to allow a larger volume of air between the MAF and the TB. MAC, send me your address at jay@jlttruecoldair.com and I will get you what I think will get you going. BTW, what color? and PCV hook up or breather? I can do either. Thanks Jay
E-mail addy is Sergntmac@aol.com, Jay, and I'll FWD that to you shortly.

Meanwhile, I ran back to my garage, turned a few screws, and grabbed these most recent pics.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/6506/password/d746d272dfed711f349d5453ed3b71 f7/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Sorry about the dirty engine bay, but I just got off the road from a OTR trip to Indy, IN. with a stop in Tipton IN. to visit with an old friend, and all of that through the worst of rain storms I have driven through in a while. Induct01 leads to Induct15, please take a peek at them for more 411?

OMG...It's December 9th in Chicago and I am still taking road trips...WTF?