PDA

View Full Version : Delay on Replacement Parts

Ross
11-04-2004, 07:37 AM
I have run two tanks, but (as posted in a different thread) I have discovered problems with one of my catalytic converters which I am about to change out. I didn't know if this cat issue could affect my mileage or performance, so I didn't think it was fair to post my results until I could get the cat changed and eliminate a possible variable which might affect my results. Hopefully Dennis will have my new cat to me by early next week, I can get it installed right away, and resume my testing!

Ross
11-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Still waiting to get my replacement catalytic converter from DR so I can put it on and resume test.

Ross
11-24-2004, 08:00 AM
Still waiting to get my replacement cat from DR. He said it was shipped last week, so I'm hoping I will see it any day now and the test can resume.

Ross
12-01-2004, 09:26 AM
STILL waiting to get my new cat from Dennis! sigh...

FordNut
12-01-2004, 08:09 PM
STILL waiting to get my new cat from Dennis! sigh...
Have you called him lately? Maybe he forgot with the many projects he's working on in addition to the move and upcoming open house.

Ross
12-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Yep, been calling DR 3 or 4 times a week for several weeks...

Ross
12-03-2004, 03:37 PM
I really can't understand this. After I called DR to tell him that one of the cats was blown, he said "I'll send you a new one." I thought , "Great! Real customer service and standing behind his products." I didn't receive my new cat for a couple of weeks, so I called and he said he hadn't received the replacement from the manufacturer. Ok, that's not DR's fault.
Finally, a little over 2 weeks ago, he said that it came in and that he would ship it that day. After about a week, when I hadn't received it, I called to check. DR said that he would run down the UPS tracking number and check it out. I said, "Don't bother checking it out. Just give me the tracking number and I'll bug UPS about it, and I can stop bugging you." I have continued to call several times each week, and I keep asking for the UPS tracking number. They keep saying that they will get it and give it to me. I STILL don't have the number, and I still don't know where my new cat is!
Today DR told me that to cut to the chase he would send me a new cat with the X pipe attached since that is all he has in his shop. I told him that I didn't want that, I just wanted to track down the one that he said he has already sent. He still couldn't give me the UPS number.
OK, I know that DR has been very busy opening up his new shop and getting ready for his open house. But how hard can it be to look in whatever file every vendor must have that keeps track of products shipped? I don't think I am being unreasonable. I am offering to do the leg work with UPS so that DR doesn't have to. Am I wrong to want the number after all of this time? I'm driving around with a bad cat and I feel like I'm being left in the dark.
I know that DR has an impeccible reputation, but I can't figure this out, and all I want is a straight answer.

cyclone03
12-03-2004, 04:09 PM
I really can't understand this. After I called DR to tell him that one of the cats was blown, he said "I'll send you a new one." I thought , "Great! Real customer service and standing behind his products." I didn't receive my new cat for a couple of weeks, so I called and he said he hadn't received the replacement from the manufacturer. Ok, that's not DR's fault.
Finally, a little over 2 weeks ago, he said that it came in and that he would ship it that day. After about a week, when I hadn't received it, I called to check. DR said that he would run down the UPS tracking number and check it out. I said, "Don't bother checking it out. Just give me the tracking number and I'll bug UPS about it, and I can stop bugging you." I have continued to call several times each week, and I keep asking for the UPS tracking number. They keep saying that they will get it and give it to me. I STILL don't have the number, and I still don't know where my new cat is!
Today DR told me that to cut to the chase he would send me a new cat with the X pipe attached since that is all he has in his shop. I told him that I didn't want that, I just wanted to track down the one that he said he has already sent. He still couldn't give me the UPS number.
OK, I know that DR has been very busy opening up his new shop and getting ready for his open house. But how hard can it be to look in whatever file every vendor must have that keeps track of products shipped? I don't think I am being unreasonable. I am offering to do the leg work with UPS so that DR doesn't have to. Am I wrong to want the number after all of this time? I'm driving around with a bad cat and I feel like I'm being left in the dark.
I know that DR has an impeccible reputation, but I can't figure this out, and all I want is a straight answer.

Ross if DR offers you a new Cat pipe,I think I would take it then you would have 2 new cats,then just return your old pipe to him.Seems easy to me.

FordNut
12-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Seems to me he's trying to make good on your guarantee by going above and beyond. Two new cats already welded into the x-pipe sounds better than a single cat by itself to me. Whatever led up to it is irrelevant if he makes good on it in the end. I have had several dealings with Dennis, all did not go perfectly smooth but he has always made good on it in the end.

Dennis Reinhart
12-03-2004, 05:51 PM

Ross I never said cut to the chase

I have never been this way to you I am a bit overwelmed and I told you that, for the past two weeks I have been in Fort Lauderdale with the FHP I have been working around the clock non stop on getting prepaired for open house tomorrow, I told you the security cameras were being installed along with a new phone system and when you got cut off I imediatly called you back. I took the time to telll you Debbie was gone, she is my office manager, and I would check on the status of the cat, but my phones were down some of today. The one cat you have rattles its not pluged up the car is still perfectly driveable, so I apologized to you for the delay and told you I would send out another complete assembly for FREE yet I see this post here, again Ross I have not been here to track this I can only be in one place at one time, now I will have a brand knew twin X Pipe and high flow cat sent to you for FREE all I asked was you put the old one back in the box and I would have it picked up for Free, and If I can do any thing else why not call me. I am leaving tomorrow night after the open house to go to Tallahassee to deliver this FHP car we have here I willl be back to work Tuesday. :beer:

DirtyDog
12-03-2004, 07:09 PM

You're better off getting two new cats because your other one will probably go in another 1000 miles if they were made at the same time. When mine went they were about 500 miles a part. It's a lot easier to bolt then in than welding.

Dave

Ross
12-04-2004, 01:52 PM
In case anyone is uncertain about where I stand on this issue, let me explain. I don't care if DR sends me a dozen new complete exhaust systems free of charge. That's NOT what I want. All I want is what I was promised, a new cat that I was told shipped out 2 1/2 weeks ago. IF DR actually made that shipment, he can look up the shipping number in less time than it would have taken him to post above. I don't want ANYTHING free, all I want is the truth. Did anyone notice that in DR's post above, he STILL didn't bother to state the shipping number? I have spoken glowingly of DR in the past on this board. I have purchased and praised his exhaust and his pulleys. If I can speak well of a vendor when he deserves it, I should also be able to tell the other side of the story when it is justified. Fair is fair. I know that DR is a god to some people on this board, and saying anything bad about him will likely get me banned, but everyone else who reads these posts has a right to know all sides of each issue before they decide who to spend their money with. I have spent money with DR in the past and felt that it was worthwhile. I am just telling the truth about this particular problem.

Dennis Reinhart
12-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Ross I sent a brand new cat out of a new X Pipe since its Saturday and I could not get a hold of the suplier Friday do to phone issues with my new building, and I will be in Tallahassee till Tuesday I apologize for the delay over the holidays and my moving from one building to another, and being behind because of my open house now I have done all I can do. Again I will find out why the suplier never sent out the replacment cat when I get back next week I hope every one has a good weekend

Subj: FedEx shipment 791994962792
Date: 12/4/2004 9:20:56 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: Dreinhart1@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

DENNIS REINHART of REINHART AUTOMOTIVE sent ROSS ASHER of RPM AUTOMOTIVE
a Priority Overnight Package.

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 04DEC04.

The tracking number(s) are: 791994962792

To track this shipment online click on the following link:
http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=79199496 2792&action=track&clienttype=fsm&language=english&cntry_code=us

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com is the world's first shipping application accessible
via the internet. With FedEx Ship Manager, you no longer need to handwrite
airbills or install additional software.

Register for FedEx Ship Manager and try the future of shipping today!
https://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/ship_it/interNetShip?us

Disclaimer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FedEx has not validated the authenticity of any email address.

FordNut
12-05-2004, 06:47 AM
Let's see now...
Whole x-pipe with cats or one cat
Bolt in replacement or cut and weld
Factory stainless welds or muffler shop welds
Matching new cats or an old and a new one

Hmmm.... Smooth negotiating there.

HwyCruiser
12-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Ross,

Sorry to hear about your issues with the cat. Hopefully you'll have it Monday. No excuses all round.

DR should have "consumable" components on the shelf ready to go for the systems he reps. If this part was supposed to drop ship from the supplier then shame on them. Hopefully he and his suppliers do better for the next customer. Catering to public forums must be a rough business if you don't have the call centers and the clout the big guys have. I wonder if Jegs has these problems?

But I'm with FordNut, I'd rather have the x-pipe / cat / flange ass'y ready to bolt on rather than just a cat that you're going have to run to a muffler shop and deal with. I hope this goes smoother for you.

BigMerc
12-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Well it seems to me Nathan is purposly trying to cause problems. I have had dealings that did not go smooth with DR also. But I'm happy in the end. Thats all that counts. DR attempts to more than he is able to do. Thats common with some guys. always moving always dealing. This is between Ross and DR let it stay that way. Reporting the problem with a vendor isnt a bad thing but making an obvious post like yours which is purely intended to start something isnt right either. :banned:

BigMerc
12-05-2004, 05:02 PM
never mind....alert Moderators took care of the problem

SergntMac
12-06-2004, 08:19 AM
I admire and respect both Dennis and Ross. I'm not "taking sides" here, not that there is any side to take. But, we're all reading this and I feel it necessary to flush out one important point. This point may change opinions as they are formed.

For y'all who may not know this, the exhaust pipe on a Cobra exhaust system is a one piece assembly, with two high flow cats and X pipe welded in place by the manfacturer.

Dennis is not the manfacturer, nor does he carry individual pieces of the assembly for repairs or, individual sale. Other than to have a complete exhaust system on hand, he does not stock these exhaust parts.

When a new exhaust system is sold, the exhaust pipe is drop shipped to the customer from the manfacturing plant. If a cat goes bad, it will be replaced, and it's in the customer's best interest to replace the whole exhaust pipe assembly, and return the broken stuff to the manufacturer. This is easier for Dennis to accomplish, and it's easier on the customer. It's a matter of dropping the bad exhaust pipe and slipping in the new replacement, four bolts as I recall it.

Asking Dennis to produce and ship just one cat is like asking for him to sell you just a ring gear, without the pinion. Yes, it can be done. No, it's not easy to get done. And, it's not in the best interest of the parties involved.

Just my .02C

martyo
12-06-2004, 11:57 AM
I admire and respect both Dennis and Ross. I'm not "taking sides" here, not that there is any side to take. But, we're all reading this and I feel it necessary to flush out one important point. This point may change opinions as they are formed.

Mac (and others): I think you are missing the point here. What Ross was raising in his post # 7 above ^^^ is that Dennis promised him something specific (and even said that it had been shipped) which was not delivered. That is an important part of what Ross is complaining about. Some here have overlooked that. Perhaps Dennis should just address that point and put all of this to rest.

And, before anyone comes at me, Dennis is a friend, so I am not coming at him. I am simply tossing in my coins to try to help out a couple of friends.

MM03MOK
12-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Ross received his new cat this morning at 9:12am. Dennis and Ross have been dealing with this off the board too. Are we done here yet?

Ross I sent a brand new cat out of a new X Pipe since its Saturday and I could not get a hold of the suplier Friday do to phone issues with my new building, and I will be in Tallahassee till Tuesday I apologize for the delay over the holidays and my moving from one building to another, and being behind because of my open house now I have done all I can do. Again I will find out why the suplier never sent out the replacment cat when I get back next week I hope every one has a good weekend

Subj: FedEx shipment 791994962792
Date: 12/4/2004 9:20:56 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: Dreinhart1@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

DENNIS REINHART of REINHART AUTOMOTIVE sent ROSS ASHER of RPM AUTOMOTIVE
a Priority Overnight Package.

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 04DEC04.

The tracking number(s) are: 791994962792

To track this shipment online click on the following link:
http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=79199496 2792&action=track&clienttype=fsm&language=english&cntry_code=us

TechHeavy
12-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Mac (and others): I think you are missing the point here. What Ross was raising in his post # 7 above ^^^ is that Dennis promised him something specific (and even said that it had been shipped) which was not delivered. That is an important part of what Ross is complaining about. Some here have overlooked that. Perhaps Dennis should just address that point and put all of this to rest.

And, before anyone comes at me, Dennis is a friend, so I am not coming at him. I am simply tossing in my coins to try to help out a couple of friends.
Thanks Marty.... I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw that same point. Ok, I'M DONE HERE!!! D'oh! Don't spank me Bunny!!!!:help:

BigMerc
12-06-2004, 05:08 PM
See there are always a problem or two in any number of transactions, but what I said still stands, in the end Dennis will make it right. Thats all that counts. You can have faith that things will work out when you deal with DR. problems are going to come up but its what you do AFTER the problem arises that makes the difference.

maraudernkc
12-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey no one is perfect and DR did make it right. He said he would try to do a better job and I think he will.

Mattsmerc
04-29-2005, 06:16 PM
:help: Dennis my high flow cats are shot. I was wondering if I could get replacements? they both sound like rocks in tin cans about 2000 rpm. I purchased the exaust system back on the 1st of march 2004. Are they still under warranty?:confused:
Thanks, Matt

Dennis Reinhart
04-29-2005, 06:25 PM
You can call Monday, normall warranty is one year, I will call and see if they can make a exception, if not will work something out.

Mattsmerc
04-29-2005, 06:30 PM
You can call Monday, normall warranty is one year, I will call and see if they can make a exception, if not will work something out.thanks talk to you Monday:D

Petrograde
04-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Damn,.. that was fast! :up: