PDA

View Full Version : Steel wheels and snow tires

Dan
12-06-2004, 05:35 PM
I am in need of some assistance with fitment of steel wheels for my blue. What I am looking for is a source for affordable steel wheels that will fit my car. The place I went today wants to charge me $92.00 each for the same ones that are used on the local PD cars. (gasp)

I went to Tire Rack. I couldn't even find a steel wheel for the car there. I found something for the Crown Vic in a 16 X 7 but I am not sure that the back spacing will work out.

Any help that you guys can give will be appreciated.

Dan

RoyLPita
12-06-2004, 05:43 PM
The CV steel wheel will bolt on with no trouble whatsoever. Check the gallery and previous threads for snow tire/wheel combonations.

Dan
12-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Thanks. I got in touch with the Tire Rack by phone and they took care of me. Apparently our winter tire choices are limited due ot the different tire sizes called for by the car.

I got the steel wheels and teh Blizzak WS 50 for a total of about $680.00. That includes mointing, balancing and shipping.

Dan

bubba
12-07-2004, 05:25 AM
I just put on 5 spoke aluminum wheels and tires all the way around for $660 and it looks pretty good.

johnjamis
12-07-2004, 06:12 AM
I just put on 5 spoke aluminum wheels and tires all the way around for $660 and it looks pretty good.

What wheel and tire and where did you get the setup?