PDA

View Full Version : Best Turbo Mufflers

Drives03Maraude
12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey Guys,
I am currently looking fdor the best turbo muffler out there and I was wondering what you guys think is best. I just want the quitest at idle, Best sounding at WOT(dosent have to be loud, just powerfull sounding). Also HP gain is a factor as well. As there are many companies putting them out, I really dont know what is the best performing/sounding out there. Thanks!
-Dennis Stiles

Marauder8
12-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey Guys,
I am currently looking fdor the best turbo muffler out there and I was wondering what you guys think is best. I just want the quitest at idle, Best sounding at WOT(dosent have to be loud, just powerfull sounding). Also HP gain is a factor as well. As there are many companies putting them out, I really dont know what is the best performing/sounding out there. Thanks!
-Dennis Stiles
in my opinion Flowmasters

Thomas C Potter
12-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Someone here is using a Dual Mode FORD Racing muffler. Sounds interesting.

merc
12-09-2004, 03:21 PM

Thomas welcome back.

SergntMac
12-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Good suggestion for what Drives03 wants. Quiet most of the time, with a touch of blast in WOT. Though I've not heard these mufflers myself, tmac gives them a thumbs up. FRP number is M-5230-BP2, 375 bucks a set.

Yes, ditto welcome back Thomas C.

tmac1337
12-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Good suggestion for what Drives03 wants. Quiet most of the time, with a touch of blast in WOT. Though I've not heard these mufflers myself, tmac gives them a thumbs up. FRP number is M-5230-BP2, 375 bucks a set.

Yes, ditto welcome back Thomas C.

I do give them the thumbs up, and so do the people who have heard them. I paid $289.00 for them. Yes they cost more. But your really getting two distinct different mufflers in one. A high perf. straight through at WOT and at varying degrees of accelleration with no drone. And at normal driving a growling sound which does not invade the cabin. The more you step on it, the more they scream.

Cobra25
12-10-2004, 08:35 AM
I do give them the thumbs up, and so do the people who have heard them. I paid $289.00 for them. Yes they cost more. But your really getting two distinct different mufflers in one. A high perf. straight through at WOT and at varying degrees of accelleration with no drone. And at normal driving a growling sound which does not invade the cabin. The more you step on it, the more they scream. I've been in TMAC1337's car and have driven it also , what he says is 100 true. One day down the road I'll be putting them in my self. Great Muffler & great sound.

carfixer
12-11-2004, 08:17 AM
I do give them the thumbs up, and so do the people who have heard them. I paid $289.00 for them. Yes they cost more. But your really getting two distinct different mufflers in one. A high perf. straight through at WOT and at varying degrees of accelleration with no drone. And at normal driving a growling sound which does not invade the cabin. The more you step on it, the more they scream.

I've driven this car with these mufflers and can tell you, they are the only mufflers I will replace my stock ones with. No normal driving drone and it screams when you nail it.

Amsoil_Dealer
12-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Can we get a Sunshine State Marauders group buy going here? If we could get them to $300 installed, I am in.

Don

Cobra25
12-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Can we get a Sunshine State Marauders group buy going here? If we could get them to $300 installed, I am in.

Don Now thats a good question. If it can be done.

Drives03Maraude
12-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey all, Thanks for the imput, but man, 300 bones is a little steep, I was lookin ta spend 200 bucks give or take. But hey, if the sound/performance is worth it, hell, I may just save and go for them anyways. Until then, My new megs tips I am ordering tomarrow without the baffles for a little more grumble in the mean time. Lates...
-Dennis Stiles