PDA

View Full Version : Test Marauder at Popular Mechanics

derik
02-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Just got my March 2003 issue of Popular Mechanics magazine. They did a good review of the MM in a previous issue:

http://popularmechanics.mondosearch.c om/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=9345138&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=MssFind%2Ecfg&host_id=1&page_id=1003&query=marauder&hiword=MARAUDER+MARAUDERS+MARA UDERA+

They purchased an MM for a long-term review - "A big, bad Merc joins our fleet." The article states:
"For those of you who wondered whatever happened to the 'other' division of the Ford Motor Co., here's your answer. With the lovely rasp of a fun-loving V8 exiting its twin chrome tailpipes, the Marauder announces that Mercury is alive and kicking. The Marauder is big, it's black, it's packing 302 hp to its rear wheels. How can you not love it? We decided that we had to find out, so we put our name on the dotted line and ordered one. There are precious few ways to spec out a Marauder, and we have what amounts to a fairly basic one, which means it's black on black, with big blackwall tires on 18-in. wheels. It seats five in automatic climate-controlled, CD-entertained comfort.
"Everyone who rides in or drives this car gets out with a big ol' grin - including the attendants in the PM garage in the heart of Manhattan Island, USA.
"But there's more to driving life than fun. The Marauder has to prove itself to be a solid, usable and reliable daily, weekly and monthly transport in all kinds of weather. Time will tell if the fun will give way to the grim reality of life in our long-term fleet. We certainly hope not. As we near our first service, though, life remains good."

I have near 9000 miles on my odometer and it's still fun.

Murader03
02-02-2003, 03:38 AM
Good article. At least somebody knows what the car is about!