PDA

View Full Version : JLT Satisfied Customer

GA-Marauder
12-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Called Jay on Monday, had great conversation, ordered RAI. Arrived on Thursday at 4 pm. Installed by 5 pm. Test drove at 5:01 pm. Definite added giddy-up. SOTP increase in low end torque, very pleased. :D Thanks, Jay, I'm a satified customer!!!:burnout:

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-10-2004, 03:42 AM
RAI ?? Isn't that ram air induction? I didn't know they had a ram air kit! Do you have pictures?

Tucker
12-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Thanks Tony, glad to hear your happy with the kit.

MARAUDER S/C #5: I only have one kit for the MM and if you pull the headlight you will have the "ram" effect.:D

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-10-2004, 04:18 AM
So its not a RAI kit. :rolleyes:

Tucker
12-10-2004, 04:29 AM
So its not a RAI kit. :rolleyes:I'm not sure what your getting at.
The JLT for the Marauder is called a RAI. I call it that because it's not a "Cold" Air Intake. It's still under the hood.
The filter is filtered on the end and with the head light out (at the track) you will get a ram air effect.

GA-Marauder
12-10-2004, 08:07 AM
So its not a RAI kit. :rolleyes:
I think Jay uses the term as he said above, differentiating this from a cold air intake because it uses an open powerstack filter which basically sits where the oem air box was. I haven't uploaded any pictures yet (still trying to figure out how:confused: ), but at the JLT website, there is an MM installed picture. Anyway, bottomline is I self-installed in less than an hour, and am pleased with the results. It looks great, and adds IMO low end oomph.

CRUZTAKER
12-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Hmmm, I always thought Jay's name JLT RAI meant:

Jay L Tucker - Real Air Intake :D ;)

fastblackmerc
12-10-2004, 08:41 AM
I think Jay uses the term as he said above, differentiating this from a cold air intake because it uses an open powerstack filter which basically sits where the oem air box was. I haven't uploaded any pictures yet (still trying to figure out how:confused: ), but at the JLT website, there is an MM installed picture. Anyway, bottomline is I self-installed in less than an hour, and am pleased with the results. It looks great, and adds IMO low end oomph.

I also installed mine in less than an hour..... haven't dyno'd the car so don't have any numbers, but it looks & sounds good. Just ordered a stainless steel heat shield.... more bling..... under the hood.....

SOTP factor = feels quicker......

Thanks Jay.

SergntMac
12-10-2004, 08:49 AM
BTW, it's not an "intake," either, it's "induction."

MENINBLK
12-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Just ordered a stainless steel heat shield.... more bling..... under the hood.....

A Carbon Fiber or Black Plastic heat shield would work better and look better.
The Stainless Steel absorbs heat from the engine compartment and will transfer it to the incoming air.
A Carbon Fiber or Plastic shield would be resistant to heat and keep your incoming air cooler....

GA-Marauder
12-10-2004, 12:53 PM
A Carbon Fiber or Black Plastic heat shield would work better and look better.
The Stainless Steel absorbs heat from the engine compartment and will transfer it to the incoming air.
A Carbon Fiber or Plastic shield would be resistant to heat and keep your incoming air cooler....
Would probably have to agree. I also installed the stainless steel heat shield, more bling than function. Noticed when I raised the hood after running today, the shield was extremely hot (to the touch, though pretty good looking too). Wonder if there is anything I could use to coat/cover the underside of the shield near the filter? Ideas?:confused:

Tucker
12-10-2004, 01:43 PM
I also installed mine in less than an hour..... haven't dyno'd the car so don't have any numbers, but it looks & sounds good. Just ordered a stainless steel heat shield.... more bling..... under the hood.....

SOTP factor = feels quicker......

Thanks Jay.No thank you, for the buisness and the plug!!:beer:

bryanknie
12-13-2004, 10:26 AM
I ordered one and in about 4 days it came in the mail! I was putting up the Christmas lights when the mail man deliverd it. Well I stoped what I was doing, jumped off the ladder, left the lights hanging off the house and immediately installed it.

Install was very easy/staight forward, kit made of good qualtiy parts and took less than a 1/2 hour to install. I like the improved looks of the RAI and at WOT I love the added sound of the car breathing! Seat of the pants meter - the car seems a little more responsive in the 20 - 40 mph range.

Bryan

Tucker
12-13-2004, 12:17 PM
I ordered one and in about 4 days it came in the mail! I was putting up the Christmas lights when the mail man deliverd it. Well I stoped what I was doing, jumped off the ladder, left the lights hanging off the house and immediately installed it.

Install was very easy/staight forward, kit made of good qualtiy parts and took less than a 1/2 hour to install. I like the improved looks of the RAI and at WOT I love the added sound of the car breathing! Seat of the pants meter - the car seems a little more responsive in the 20 - 40 mph range.

BryanBryan, thanks for the purchace and the comments.
Glad you too are happy.:beer:

hdwrench
12-16-2004, 08:30 PM
just got mine in the mail today... looks good so far havent had a chance to install.. should i put K&N oil on the breather? it looks dry

Tucker
12-16-2004, 08:46 PM
just got mine in the mail today... looks good so far havent had a chance to install.. should i put K&N oil on the breather? it looks dryIt has a light pre oil on it.
Thanks
Jay

bryanknie
12-17-2004, 05:13 AM
I am running mine right out of the box, I never thought of this. This mod seems to difinately add some seat of the pants fun, I have had it on for 6 days now and my foot keeps getting into it a little more.

mrjones
12-17-2004, 12:59 PM
This mod seems to difinately add some seat of the pants fun, I have had it on for 6 days now and my foot keeps getting into it a little more.

How does it sound?

bryanknie
12-17-2004, 01:09 PM
In my opinion is sounds good, you hear the intake working, WHOOSH, kind of like when I had my 1972 455 ci olds back in 1980 and the extra 2 barrels of the 4 barrel kicked in.

Little more noise on WOT, not during normal driving. With my Flowmaster 40's, I can now hear it from both ends.

favjr
12-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I put mine on last weekend as well, and am very happy with it, both with the nice sound and the increase in performance. It really barks at people now when you kick it.

I gave a guy from work a ride home from the Redskins/Eagles game in it and remarked to him (while accelerating past some schlubb listening to Led Zepplin): "The Marauder was angry that day, my friend . . ."

Every day this week he's asked me how the Marauder is feeling. I tell him "Oh, its still pretty angry . . ."

Ah, but that's why we bought these cars now, isn't it?:beer:

Frank

Tucker
12-17-2004, 03:29 PM
I put mine on last weekend as well, and am very happy with it, both with the nice sound and the increase in performance. It really barks at people now when you kick it.

I gave a guy from work a ride home from the Redskins/Eagles game in it and remarked to him (while accelerating past some schlubb listening to Led Zepplin): "The Marauder was angry that day, my friend . . ."

Every day this week he's asked me how the Marauder is feeling. I tell him "Oh, its still pretty angry . . ."

Ah, but that's why we bought these cars now, isn't it?:beer:

FrankGreat story Frank!:D
I'm glad your liking the kit.
The list is getting longer. :banana:
Is there a K&N list like this ??:bandit:

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-18-2004, 10:37 AM
The K&N kit has been dyno proven to add 21 rwhp to a supercharged Marauder.
Does anyone have any proven gains from a JLT kit to a supercharged Marauder?

Tucker
12-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Does anyone have any proven gains from a JLT kit to a supercharged Marauder?There is a guy on here who did get those results on a S/C MM.
I'll look for it.

What was this 21hp compaired against?

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-18-2004, 11:36 AM
There is a guy on here who did get those results on a S/C MM.
I'll look for it.

What was this 21hp compaired against?Thanks

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14068&highlight=k%26n

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-23-2004, 05:36 AM
Does anyone have any proven gains from a JLT kit to a supercharged Marauder?
No one..................

SergntMac
12-23-2004, 06:25 AM
No one..................Looks like the job is open, are you applying?

Bootlegger
12-23-2004, 06:44 AM
No one..................
No Dyno results, just track times. I ordered the kit from Jay a few weeks back, our Sunshine group went to Bradenton the middle of November, without the JLT I ran a 13.223@103.720, with the 100HP shot of Nitrous. Carfixer, and I, and Tallboy, went back a week and a half ago, and I ran a 13.255@105.430 with the JLT installed and the same 100HP Nitrous set-up. Weather was 16 degrees cooler then November. From the time slips it looks like I gained 1 mph in the 1/8th, and 1.3 mph in the 1/4. So, 2.3 mph gain total, which i'm happy with. My r/t was 1.974 in November, and i was sleeping last week with a 2.064..It does feel like i have more low end torgue. So, those are the facts with my experience with the JLT kit...I'm happy with it so far.

sailsmen
12-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Good information.

I have 77+ runs in xcel. I always include temp/hum which has up to a .7 affect.

The only way to test at the track is to have several back to back runs, the hum/temp and track conditions can change rapidly.