PDA

View Full Version : Fayetteville Raceway

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-13-2004, 07:01 PM
You guys ever come out to this part of NC? I'm Air Force stationed at Pope AFB, and Fayetteville 1/4 mile drag strip is maybe 8 miles from my house, out near the airport. It is always fun as hell out there. Always a big turnout every Thursday & Sunday for test & tune. I met a MM.net guy and two guys from the CrownVic websites there.

I know the season is overwith, but I'm just curious if you guys ever come out here. :coolman:

www.fayettevillemotorsportspar k.com

gdmjoe
12-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Ya but ... Where were you LAST Sunday ( 12Dec ) ? :D

*Related CrownVic.net thread (http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB29&Number=784960&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) .

Marauderman
12-14-2004, 05:32 AM
...........uh.....Joe, and INtercept.......sounds interesting----how far from Charlotte?....is track as poor as I read your post?.....or is Rockinham closer?
Ater the Alt. run last month, kinda got the bug , know what I mean.....Tom

PS--was also stationed at Pope years ago-----

fastblackmerc
12-14-2004, 07:38 AM
...........uh.....Joe, and INtercept.......sounds interesting----how far from Charlotte?....is track as poor as I read your post?.....or is Rockinham closer?

marauderman, Mapquest says it's about 151 miles from Charlotte to the Fayetteville track. Would be nice to have a meet at either Fayetteville or The Rock so us "northern" (north of the Charlotte area) boys can meet the rest of the Carolina Marauders..... Jim.

gdmjoe
12-14-2004, 07:42 AM
marauderman ...........uh.....Joe, and INtercept.......sounds interesting----how far from Charlotte?....is track as poor as I read your post?.....or is Rockinham closer?

Tom -

Rockingham is definitely closer for you; according to MapQuest ...

Charlotte > Rockingham = 70 miles
Charlotte > Fayetteville = 137 miles

In fact you'd have to drive thru Rockingham to get to Fayettevile.

Regarding track condition / preparation ...

Have been there a couple times before and I'm a thinkin' that this was an off day; the weather conditions ( cool with some cloud cover ) DEFINITELY didn't help either ( no heat in the track ).

But heck ... For $15 you can run as many laps as you want; the times I've been there, the crowd is small and it's easy to get-in your fair share. *For me ... I wanted to substantiate the Team Ford dyno' results.

NOTE: Matt ( THE_INTERCEPTOR ) is a more frequent goer.

gdmjoe
12-14-2004, 07:55 AM
fastblackmerc ... Would be nice to have a meet at either Fayetteville or The Rock so us "northern" (north of the Charlotte area) boys can meet the rest of the Carolina Marauders..... Jim.
I'd definitely be down for a Panther session at the Rock.

*It's about equadistant ( ~70 miles ) from either the Charlotte or Raleigh areas.

fastblackmerc
12-14-2004, 08:22 AM
I'd definitely be down for a Panther session at the Rock.

*It's about equadistant ( ~70 miles ) from either the Charlotte or Raleigh areas.

Like to try out my mods also....

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Joe, my computer here at work won't let me check CVN from here. :(

Anytime you guys would like to hook up, let me know. If not Fayetteville, I'll drive out to Rockingham no problem. :D

SC Cheesehead
12-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Joe, my computer here at work won't let me check CVN from here. :(

Anytime you guys would like to hook up, let me know. If not Fayetteville, I'll drive out to Rockingham no problem. :DHey guys!

I used to live just outside of Southern Pines which is about 45 minutes from Fayetteville and about 25 minutes from the Rock. I'd love to go back to the area for a visit, so count me in if you decide to make the trip.

BTW, I think there are a couple of "Ford-only" meets held at Rockingham during the year; nothing but Blue Oval stuff as far as the eye can see...that'd be fun.

SCCH

gdmjoe
12-15-2004, 10:37 PM
SC Cheesehead ... BTW, I think there are a couple of "Ford-only" meets held at Rockingham during the year; nothing but Blue Oval stuff as far as the eye can see...that'd be fun.
Dude !!! I was at all the all-Ford events @ Rockingham last year ... Where were you ? :D

SC Cheesehead
12-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Dude !!! I was at all the all-Ford events @ Rockingham last year ... Where were you ? :DDon't have any info source on dates, etc. Do you have a schedule, or do you know where I can get one? I'd love to have a two-day CM event centered around a weekend at the Rock, anybody else interested? Maybe we can discuss at the January meeting.

SCCH

gdmjoe
12-16-2004, 05:54 PM
SC Cheesehead - Don't have any info source on dates, etc. Do you have a schedule, or do you know where I can get one? I'd love to have a two-day CM event centered around a weekend at the Rock, anybody else interested? Maybe we can discuss at the January meeting.
Rockingham Dragway - 2005 Schedule (http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/schedule/) *Looks like it's too early in the season and needs a little fleshing-out. :D

Personal web page (http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/d/gdmjoe/gdmjlae.html) from last year.

Marauderman
12-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Tom -

Rockingham is definitely closer for you; according to MapQuest ...

Charlotte > Rockingham = 70 miles
Charlotte > Fayetteville = 137 miles

In fact you'd have to drive thru Rockingham to get to Fayettevile.

Regarding track condition / preparation ...

Have been there a couple times before and I'm a thinkin' that this was an off day; the weather conditions ( cool with some cloud cover ) DEFINITELY didn't help either ( no heat in the track ).

But heck ... For $15 you can run as many laps as you want; the times I've been there, the crowd is small and it's easy to get-in your fair share. *For me ... I wanted to substantiate the Team Ford dyno' results.

NOTE: Matt ( THE_INTERCEPTOR ) is a more frequent goer.

Damn......Nice to get some good old fashion response here....sounds like the Rock is closer --and FAyett is not counted out either-(would love to go back to that town)-but I'm just hooked on want'n to run--so I can build up (lower) my results better...So what I need is some details so I can schedule myself and also hope to (beg) have some of the other Carolina Marauders come on down for some fun too...( uh..Butch --are you reading this-----).currently only have street mounted spares to use up --hoping to get some rims and widen them and tires and then maybe improvement with a new TC ...right now --with cooler weather ( took # 7 to work today), can hardly keep her straight --she is so much more powerful in the cooler air.....So keep me informed guys..and thanks Joe........Tom