PDA

View Full Version : Wheels???

Marauderjack
12-14-2004, 04:42 AM
Will the nice spoked wheels from a CV "Sport" fit the MM?? :confused:

I am getting a lot of stone pits on my wheels and really don't like the limited selection of tires available for 18" rims!!! :mad2:

If back spacing and bolt patern works....I guess I can find two tire sizes that will work and not screw up the TC and ABS??? :(

I think the CV's have 17" wheels and shouldn't hurt the speedometer accuracy if tall enough rears are used?? :cool:

Oh yes....This will also get me out of the "inferior" BFG rears we have.....MY FRONTS WILL GO 60K+ MILES AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE SECOND SET OF REARS ARE ABOUT GONE WITH ONLY 20K ON THEM!!!!! :bs:

Ideas?? :confused:

Marauderjack :bandit:

Bradley G
12-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Yes!, Take the brick off your foot!;)

Bradley G :burnout:

Bradley G
12-14-2004, 05:11 AM
Bradley G :burnout:[/QUOTE]did you see S+S Inserts has some?! Might be old news.

Amsoil_Dealer
12-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Yes the 2003-2005 wheels will fit.

Contact Wes Chain at Innovative Interceptors. He had a few sets available.

Don

ADE 1000
12-14-2004, 06:33 AM
I went through this circus when shopping for snow tires.

Wheels from any 2003 and newer Crown Vic will fit just fine. 2002 and older wheels have the incorrect offset.

Getting the right tire size ratios in 17" sizes is a little tricky. You can use the CV sport size in the front (235/55-17), there are plenty of nice tires available in this size. But the back will be a challenge, as a 235/65-17 is the size that would match the stock diameter. Tires in this size are mainly SUV tires. The only tire that is available from the Tirerack in this combination front and rear is the Goodyear Eagle RSA. You would give up some performance with these tires compared to the stock BFGs.