PDA

View Full Version : Gotta start sometime....

TheFlatlander
12-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Well here it finally is....My first post.

Been watching a little while and have really enjoyed what I've been checking out. Seems like a pretty good group. There really is alot of knowledge available here. I've lurked in the background long enough that I've developed a sence of familurarity and respect for many on the site. Heck, I even look forward to running into a couple of you on future events.

Once I get the hang of it, I hope to be a positive asset.......Now where are they hiding the spell check, (man, do I hate typing).

P.S. I also just wanted to introduce myself prior to the Supercharger drawing this month, just in case, you never know. What a cool Idea!

Dr Caleb
12-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Welcome, two dimensional former lurker!

Smokie
12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Glad you came out of hiding...Welcome and Enjoy.:D

merc406
12-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Welcome flatlander, any relation to the http://www.flatlanderracing.com/index.html Company?

TheFlatlander
12-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Welcome flatlander, any relation to the http://www.flatlanderracing.com/index.html Company?
No, I think you are refering to a company that markets High performence stuff. I didn't know of them until reciently.

The Flatlander thing comes from my numerous years of 4X4 off roading and racing in the northern part of lower Michigan and the friends I hang out with (That story could go on for a while). But the nick name kind of stuck.

CBT
12-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Cool, another one comes out to play! On a side note, I thought I had the only Marauder on Norfolk Naval Base until this afternoon, when to what before my watery eyes should appear, a dang Silver Marauder, is it anyone here?:)

dwasson
12-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Tim, good to see you here. Be sure to check the Motor City Marauders forum for happenings too.

TheFlatlander
12-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Tim, good to see you here. Be sure to check the Motor City Marauders forum for happenings too.
I was planning on doing that actually for a little while now. I think it's just a matter of the right oppertunity and having the time to head east after work in stead of directly west.

Already making plans to try and participate in the potential MVIII being discussed. Such a cool idea and so close to home, I really think trying to come up with a good sounding excuse would be more work than actually going.

bubba
12-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Welcome flatlander. I am just a few miles east of you in Highland. Hope to see you sometime. I hooked up with some of the Motor City Marauder guys at Milan in the spring and they are a great bunch. :D

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Hello Tim, did you know that:

Michigan + Marauder = Trilogy :P

Bluerauder
12-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Well here it finally is....My first post.
Welcome :welcome: Theflatlander to the MM.Net. Happy Maraudering !!! :D

You will never forget your first post :rofl: or maybe that was something else. :dunno:

mpearce
12-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the site Bud! It took me a while to post anything on here too. I was embarrased because I didn't have a Marauder yet. I didn't post anything until I had one. My first post was right after I got the Marauder back in May. Ive been caught in the whirlwind ever since.

I'll let Haggis give you his famous line...

:welcome:

-Mat

TheFlatlander
12-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Hello Tim, did you know that:

Michigan + Marauder = Trilogy :P
Yep, I do and I have already talked with Lidio, and I plan to move forward in the near future. But you know maybe we shouldn't push any hot buttons on my first post. Wouldn't be a good start to to see a lock or something like that in the "TEST" section.

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-14-2004, 05:27 PM
:hide: ..............

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Cool, another one comes out to play! On a side note, I thought I had the only Marauder on Norfolk Naval Base until this afternoon, when to what before my watery eyes should appear, a dang Silver Marauder, is it anyone here?:)

Hey CBT. I was at Norfolk naval base for a week last month. Did you happened to see a white CV with blacked out windows and marauder tips riding around? If so, that was me. I was TDY to class there at the NAVSUP building, right next to the battleships. :)

JDC 302
12-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Tim, You sure are correct about this group of Great people. They always come up with the answers to you questions. And always keep you informed and on top of things... Welcome

TheFlatlander
12-14-2004, 05:50 PM
:hide: ..............
Yep, you know what I mean.

TheFlatlander
12-14-2004, 05:57 PM
After watching this site so long and given the rarity of the Marauder (a little less rare in the Motor City) every time I see a Marauder I try to see if for some reason it might be somebody from here, but most of the uniqueness and mods (go Fast) are not as easily seen from afar. Kind of started with a car that already exibited a good degree of class mixed with sporty hot rod looks. No wonder the "ricers" would have no intrest.

Tallboy
12-14-2004, 06:06 PM
:welcome: !!! Thanks for coming out of the shadows-this is a great place to hang out. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. And, listen very closely to the first thing Haggis says to you...:D

teamrope
12-14-2004, 06:21 PM
:welcome: !!! Thanks for coming out of the shadows-this is a great place to hang out. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. And, listen very closely to the first thing Haggis says to you...:D
It would be funny if you beat haggis to the puch flatlander. Welcome to the....I better leave that alone. :D

Haggis
12-15-2004, 06:36 AM

It would be funny if you beat haggis to the puch flatlander. Welcome to the....I better leave that alone.

Man, steal a line from a TV show and you become famous!! :D

Ok, I even received PMs on this subject. So here it goes....ready?

Welcome to the Collective flatlander, resistance to modding is futile. You will be assimilated. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/cyber.gif

Patrick
12-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Welcome!!! Can we go back up to the Lounge? :laugh:

CBT
12-15-2004, 08:10 PM
I don't recall it, how often do you go to the base? Are you sure it was Norfolk Naval Base, we havn't had battleships there in eons. Flip me a note if your in this area again.

TheFlatlander
12-15-2004, 10:37 PM
This is post #11, kinda feeling a little winded...trying to catch up to the big posters that I've been watching for the past couple of months.

How many more to lose the "Junior" member rating?....I'm feeling a little self consious..check out my signature and you can see I couldn't afford a Corvette.

No offense intended, really, as many here have really nice 'vettes, but I laughed my :censor: off on reading the earlier entries in the "Storyboard" section.

But seriously now, in the near future I anticipate one of those supercharger things fto be installed under the hood of the four door. You know, as fun as two trips may be, there are times where everybody wants to arrive at the same time.

Marauder- Smooth, slick, serious scootability (expecially with a few mods), and everybody gets a window. Extra special is being an owner so you never have to scream -SHOTGUN!

Just having FUN.