PDA

View Full Version : Introduction section

TheFlatlander
12-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Creation of a introduction or nubie section

Old idea I don't know but, Just a thought, because I had a little fun just with my first test post. Even though it feels that I got my start in the recycle bin.

It would allow for the introduction of newer members and new posters (allowing them to repent from being a lurker if that applies) and facilitate the usual welcome wagon that everyone extends when they find a new poster.

Maybe it could start with "Hello, my name is (your name), and i am a Marauderaholic...........

fastblackmerc
12-15-2004, 09:42 AM

Old idea I don't know but, Just a thought, because I had a little fun just with my first test post. Even though it feels that I got my start in the recycle bin.

It would allow for the introduction of newer members and new posters (allowing them to repent from being a lurker if that applies) and facilitate the usual welcome wagon that everyone extends when they find a new poster.

Maybe it could start with "Hello, my name is (your name), and i am a Marauderaholic...........

Sounds good.........

merc406
12-15-2004, 09:45 AM
I second that ! :cool:

DEFYANT
12-15-2004, 09:57 AM
And could continue with....

"I am a car nut. Ricers are our friends, not food!"

CRUZTAKER
12-15-2004, 05:50 PM
And could continue with....

"I am a car nut. Ricers are our friends, not food!"

.....and attempt to maintain the clean air act of 1976 by avoiding casting clouds upon the masses.....:burnout:

Bluerauder
12-15-2004, 11:36 PM
I think most of the New B's are actually New A's; but they will discover this soon enough. :D

CBT
12-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Hi, my name is Casey and I'm a burnoutaholic. Thanks, yeah it all started with my first car. A 1973 Gremlin. I used to back it into the water down at the lake, get the tires wet, then smoke those little whitewalls all the way up the boat ramp. I did it to fit in, you know, be cool. That was a gateway car to more dangerous ones. The lying started soon after, "Gee Dad, I don't know why the back tires on your 460c.i. 1977 Lincoln Connie go bald faster than the front ones..." I sunk so low as to get a job to support my tire habit; at the age of 17, I joined the Navy. Sure, we have urinalysis tests all the time, BUT I NEVER GOT CAUGHT. All those innocent tires, all those years, destroyed. And for what? A cheap thrill that lasted not quite long enough. The signs where there-occasional tickets, high temps, busted rear swaybars and shock mounts, ribbons of black gunky stuff stuck to the back quarter panels...I cry out to the Firestones, Goodyears, and Futura GLS Super Sports FORGIVE ME!! So, this fall I buy a Marauder convinced that driving a family car will ween me from my addiction. Well guess what, it didn't work, cause every time i get in it the tires beckon...."smoke me, you big eared freak!" and I do it. Is there a cure? I don't know, and I don't think I want to know. I shall suffer on and carry my secret burden until they make a tire that can't be spun....:bigcry:

Bradley G
12-16-2004, 08:29 AM
HI Casey!,
I'M[ Brad , "And I'm an Marauderaholic"!,(The Group)" Hi Brad",(Me)"I to suffer from the insatiable desire to do Burnouts, mod my Maurauder and relate stories & issues related to this on MM.net".I didn't think of going to a "boat ramp, and getting the tires all wet" ( darn!)As a younger man,I was content living my passion though the others I knew had cars that could shred the tires.Now that I own a Marauder and have found this group,I don't know if there is anything that can be done for me though.At this point I can admit my addiction, but I can't say that I want to stop!I know there is problem; StageI er.., I mean step one! I guess I'm stuck there:help:
Bradley G
! QUOTE=CBT]Hi, my name is Casey and I'm a burnoutaholic. Thanks, yeah it all started with my first car. A 1973 Gremlin. I used to back it into the water down at the lake, get the tires wet, then smoke those little whitewalls all the way up the boat ramp. I did it to fit in, you know, be cool. That was a gateway car to more dangerous ones. The lying started soon after, "Gee Dad, I don't know why the back tires on your 460c.i. 1977 Lincoln Connie go bald faster than the front ones..." I sunk so low as to get a job to support my tire habit; at the age of 17, I joined the Navy. Sure, we have urinalysis tests all the time, BUT I NEVER GOT CAUGHT. All those innocent tires, all those years, destroyed. And for what? A cheap thrill that lasted not quite long enough. The signs where there-occasional tickets, high temps, busted rear swaybars and shock mounts, ribbons of black gunky stuff stuck to the back quarter panels...I cry out to the Firestones, Goodyears, and Futura GLS Super Sports FORGIVE ME!! So, this fall I buy a Marauder convinced that driving a family car will ween me from my addiction. Well guess what, it didn't work, cause every time i get in it the tires beckon...."smoke me, you big eared freak!" and I do it. Is there a cure? I don't know, and I don't think I want to know. I shall suffer on and carry my secret burden until they make a tire that can't be spun....:bigcry:[/QUOTE]

CBT
12-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Let it all out, brother!

Marauder8
12-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Triple M anonymous.............

Haggis
12-16-2004, 06:54 PM
.....and attempt to maintain the clean air act of 1976 by avoiding casting clouds upon the masses.....:burnout:

...and making Ricers stall at the traffic lights. :burnout:

Patrick
12-18-2004, 10:21 PM
I would like to see this too!!