PDA

View Full Version : CAM Meet Jan. '05

Haggis
12-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Ok CAMmers and fellow Marauder enthusiasts it is time to announce the next Capitol Area Meet. How does Sunday Jan. 9, 2005 at 2pm sound to everyone? It will be at the usual place...that's right...Big Bats on Kent Island. We have quite a few new members in the Capitol Area and it will give them a chance to meet other owners in the area.

It will also give us the chance to show off what we received from Santa. :santaw: The biggest factor will be the weather, lets all hope a nice day. So come on down everyone and make this a great meet and start the New Year off right . :toast:

...So i wont be attending meets for a while as it was fun being with other Marauders especaily at this time of the year it was like family..Merry Christmas everyone .Have a drink on me.

Mark you and Peg do not have to bring the Marauder just yourselves, your family and your presence is required. No excuses!! :banned:

Bluerauder
12-17-2004, 07:30 PM
How does Sunday Jan. 9, 2005 at 2pm sound to everyone?

Sounds good to me. I may have to do some scheduling shuffling ... but I think it's doable. Sunday timing is great 'cause I have a wedding on Saturday. :D OK, Stephen.... here's your Sunday meet !!!

Mark you and Peg do not have to bring the Marauder just yourselves, your family and your presence is required. No excuses!! :banned:

What he ^^^^ said. It won't be the same if you and Peg aren't there. :(

Kramer
12-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Do you ever meet anywhere this side of the bridge.

MarauderMark
12-17-2004, 08:14 PM

Heh i was going to post that since we don't have the mm we will more than likely not be attending.but heck you can't argue with this .And Charile seconds the motion .welp the only thing i can say is we will be there in out hooptie truck..you guys are Grrrrreat!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Murader03
12-18-2004, 01:37 AM
Heh i was going to post that since we don't have the mm we will more than likely not be attending.but heck you can't argue with this .And Charile seconds the motion .welp the only thing i can say is we will be there in out hooptie truck..you guys are Grrrrreat!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Okay! Why would we "NOT" want to include you and Peg just cause you blew the MM? You're part of the "MM' and "CAM" family regardless, that is, unless you decide otherwise. Heck, we'd except you on a dog sled, but you might need to leave Saturday to be there in time......CU there......

Bluerauder
12-18-2004, 02:42 AM
Do you ever meet anywhere this side of the bridge.
Well let's see .... there was the Philly Cruise in April, Dyno Day near Gettysburg, Drag Day near Hagerstown in October, Medieval Times at Arundel Mills Mall .... So, the answer is yes. :D However, the Big Bats location in Stevensville seems to be fairly convenient to the center of mass for the member area. Remember, we have folks coming from southern Maryland, VA, PA, DE, NJ and other points north. :up:

And, it is just on the other side of the bridge ... first exit ... 2 miles max. :poke: Come on down.

MyTMerc
12-19-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm in.

Mark,
Glad to hear you and Peg are going to join the fun.

merc
12-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Sorry, it seems that the work schudule is causing a problem. :mad:

See you guys the next time. Maybe at the D.C car show or Baltimore as a mini meet. :banana:

Bigdogjim
12-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Sounds good to me:)

Mark and Peg if you need a ride I'll swing by and pick you up:)

DEFYANT
12-19-2004, 10:36 PM
I also have a conflict with work but I am 99% sure I can work it out. So count me in. Wahoo :banana: My first MM event!

To the guys traveling from the northeast area.... do you meet up and cruz down as a group?

I hope the weather holds out.

Bluerauder
12-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Ok CAMmers and fellow Marauder enthusiasts it is time to announce the next Capitol Area Meet. How does Sunday Jan. 9, 2005 at 2pm sound to everyone? It will be at the usual place...that's right...Big Bats on Kent Island.
Anyone interested in a reciprocal Show & Tell session at Big Bat's. My nephew (or nephew-in-law if there is such a thing) would love to see a bunch of Marauders. He just bought a bramd new 36' International Rollback with "all of the bells and whistles" including some custom graphics for a mere $92K. I might be able to get him to meet up with us at Big Bat's. :D

Mike .... I watched him back down my sister's driveway between 2 rows of cars with 6 inch clearance --- he can handle it like it was a mini-Cooper. Lessons are extra. :rofl:

Haggis
12-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Well let's see .... there was the Philly Cruise in April, Dyno Day near Gettysburg, Drag Day near Hagerstown in October, Medieval Times at Arundel Mills Mall .... So, the answer is yes. :D However, the Big Bats location in Stevensville seems to be fairly convenient to the center of mass for the member area. Remember, we have folks coming from southern Maryland, VA, PA, DE, NJ and other points north. :up:

And, it is just on the other side of the bridge ... first exit ... 2 miles max. :poke: Come on down.

Don't forget the first meet at Dave-n-Busters at the White Flint Mall, it was either Oct or Nov of 2003. That's right you where not there Charlie, sorry. :(

Bluerauder
12-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Don't forget the first meet at Dave-n-Busters at the White Flint Mall, it was either Oct or Nov of 2003. That's right you where not there Charlie, sorry. :(
And, the Hershey, PA NE Regional meet in October 2003, too !!! I could have gone to that one (2 weeks after I got my MM); but it took me a couple of months to find the MM.Net site. :(

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-20-2004, 10:41 AM
I have missed all the CAM meets before, but I am going to make it a point to be there for this one. Even though I'm from the DC area, I'm currently stationed down at Pope AFB in Fayetteville, NC. However, I will drive home for the weekend just to make this meet.
I want to see some Marauders, AND I WANNA SEE 'EM NOW! :)

Haggis
12-20-2004, 10:58 AM
I have missed all the CAM meets before, but I am going to make it a point to be there for this one. Even though I'm from the DC area, I'm currently stationed down at Pope AFB in Fayetteville, NC. However, I will drive home for the weekend just to make this meet.
I want to see some Marauders, AND I WANNA SEE 'EM NOW! :)

Are you going to be in the area for Christmas?

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Are you going to be in the area for Christmas?

Yes, but not for long. Originally, I had planned on taking two weeks of leave through the holidays. However, our Commander has approved two 4-day weekends for Christmas & New Years (Military members are off Thursday and Friday of this week and next week). I'm coming home Wednesday evening, and I'll be returning to NC Sunday evening. For New Years, I think I'm just going to stick it out here in Sunny Fayetteville. :depress:

That way I'll save my leave for vacations, like MMIII. :burnout: :D

MarauderMark
12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Glad you will be making it to the meet .looking forward to meeting and seeing that sweet lookin vic you got there. :up:

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Glad you will be making it to the meet .looking forward to meeting and seeing that sweet lookin vic you got there. :up:

Why thank you. :) The feeling is mutual, Mr. DR# 18. :bows: :D
Say, could you take me for a ride in that thing??? I've never been in a supercharged/turbo'd vehicle.

Bluerauder
12-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Say, could you take me for a ride in that thing??? I've never been in a supercharged/turbo'd vehicle.
Probably not this time. :rolleyes: Mark had some recent engine issues. :bigcry: Hole in Block Thread (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14746)
There are a couple other related threads on this. :(

DEFYANT
12-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Ok, the work schedule is clear, my paperwork is in. Now I wait on the boss to approve the day off. 99.98% there!

MarauderMark
12-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Why thank you. :) The feeling is mutual, Mr. DR# 18. :bows: :D

I surely wish i could i would even let you drive it if you wished BUUUUTtttt due to circumstances beyond my control i must decline at the present time and award you with a drive the car card for a future meet ..But i'll tell ya hopefully Kenny Brown # 8 will be there .Now that is a Pretty site to see..I will be Marauderless .I feel naked..

Joe Walsh
12-26-2004, 10:18 PM
I surely wish i could i would even let you drive it if you wished BUUUUTtttt due to circumstances beyond my control i must decline at the present time and award you with a drive the car card for a future meet ..But i'll tell ya hopefully Kenny Brown # 8 will be there .Now that is a Pretty site to see..I will be Marauderless .I feel naked..

Mark, Don't feel bad...I have not had my MM at ANY CAM meets due to my springtime Oil Pump Explosion! :( :bigcry:
I hadn't found this website when I 'disabled' my ride.
This winter will allow me to install my forged 'Big Bore' engine (with Billet Oil Pump Gears of course) and this spring I will FINALLY be able to drive my Marauder to a CAM meet! :banana: :D :burnout:
We can discuss how 'naked' we feel at the January Meet!

Haggis
12-27-2004, 04:46 AM
:bump:

If the both of you are showing up naked :puke:, I will not be there. Please come with clothes on so we my all enjoy our food.

Joe Walsh
12-27-2004, 11:33 AM
:bump:

If the both of you are showing up naked :puke:, I will not be there. Please come with clothes on so we my all enjoy our food.

No need to worry Gordon....It is TOO COLD for any 'nakedness' ;)
Besides think of the shrinkage factor!

Drives03Maraude
12-27-2004, 12:55 PM
I will certainly be there!
-Dennis Stiles

Stephen Soulsby
12-29-2004, 08:23 PM
WOW I haven't been on the forums in a while. I WILL BE THERE!!! Sunday, January 9 is 100% clear.

Bigdogjim
12-29-2004, 09:36 PM
WOW I haven't been on the forums in a while. I WILL BE THERE!!! Sunday, January 9 is 100% clear.
OK! Lets hope the weather is 100%:):):)

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-30-2004, 07:23 AM

As will I!!! My leave has been approved for Monday, and I have mapquested the directions from my dad's house in Silver Spring. January CAM meet for me is a go! Yeah baby! :beer:

Oh and by the way, I looked up Big Bats online, that place looks tasty!

Haggis
12-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Oh and by the way, I looked up Big Bats online, that place looks tasty!

Just don't follow their directions or you'll get lost. :laugh:

MarauderMark
12-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Just don't follow their directions or you'll get lost. :laugh:

O Man we been there done that and wound up on Bats farm..Good thing Bob had the same directions and found us ..Take the phone number for big bats with you just in case :D

Haggis
01-03-2005, 06:26 AM
:bump:..............

THE_INTERCEPTOR
01-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey man, do you guys mind if I bring my dad? :) :D :coolman:

Haggis
01-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey man, do you guys mind if I bring my dad? :) :D :coolman:

All family members are welcome. Even girlfriends, wives and rugrats.

Bluerauder
01-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Even girlfriends and wives.
But only if they get along with each other very well..... :rofl:

Yeah your Dad will fit right in with some of us seasoned Maraudeers. :D Cool !!!

Bigdogjim
01-05-2005, 06:39 PM
But only if they get along with each other very well..... :rofl:

Yeah your Dad will fit right in with some of us seasoned Maraudeers. :D Cool !!!
Well done also works:rofl:

Joe Walsh
01-05-2005, 09:52 PM
OH WELL....I'm out for Sunday!
I forgot that I have a Work related function to attend on Sunday @ 1:00PM... :(
It's a Anne Arundel Co. Contractors 'Bull & Oyster Roast'......so I guess as far as work goes it could be a whole lot worse.
I am looking forward to slurping down a bunch of fresh shucked oysters!! :2thumbs:
I'll catch everyone at the next meet...have fun!

Bigdogjim
01-05-2005, 09:56 PM
It's a Anne Arundel Co. Contractors 'Bull & Oyster Roast'......so I guess as far as work goes it could be a whole lot worse.
I am looking forward to slurping down a bunch of fresh shucked oysters!! :2thumbs:
I'll catch everyone at the next meet...have fun!
Tuff live you lead:rofl:

We'll miss you:)

Joe Walsh
01-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Tuff live you lead:rofl:

We'll miss you:)

Hey,... somebody has to keep the Chesapeake Bay Oyster on the endangered species list! ;)

Bluerauder
01-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Hey Joe, if this is at the Earleigh Heights Fire Station on Ritchie Highway you could do double duty and hit both ... only 15 minutes in a Marauder. :rolleyes:

Joe Walsh
01-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey Joe, if this is at the Earleigh Heights Fire Station on Ritchie Highway you could do double duty and hit both ... only 15 minutes in a Marauder. :rolleyes:

Nope..It's at 'LaFONTAINE BLEU' in Glen Burnie...
All the Manufacturers and Equipment Suppliers donate big TVs, VCRs, DVD players, etc. as door prizes. They set up the TVs all around the hall and show the NFL playoff games!
I'll probably be in no shape to drive (Beer included with ticket) afterwards and will have Marianne pilot me home.

Bluerauder
01-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Nope..It's at 'LaFONTAINE BLEU' in Glen Burnie....
OK, make it 19 minutes tops. :rofl: I know the Glen Burnie area pretty well ... more so in the Magothy River/Pasadena area. :D

Brutus
01-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Myself and Jewels will be there. See everyone then!!

Haggis
01-06-2005, 04:35 AM
Myself and Jewels will be there. See everyone then!!

Glad to hear you and Julie will be there Sunday. :2thumbs:

Joe, sorry to hear that you have to eat oysters on Sunday. You and Marianne will be missed.

Bluerauder
01-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Ok CAMmers and fellow Marauder enthusiasts it is time to announce the next Capitol Area Meet. How does Sunday Jan. 9, 2005 at 2pm sound to everyone? It will be at the usual place...that's right...Big Bats on Kent Island. We have quite a few new members in the Capitol Area and it will give them a chance to meet other owners in the area.

OK .... who's got the official count on Sunday's shindig??

Bigdogjim
01-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Any one who shows up counts:lol:

MyTMerc
01-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Any one who shows up counts:lol:Some count twice :banana:

MyTMerc
01-06-2005, 05:08 PM
What happened to the Latest thread thingy?

Bluerauder
01-06-2005, 06:09 PM
What happened to the Latest thread thingy?
Logan disappeared it in the current upgrade frenzy ... a couple notes have appeared in the shout box ... about the "Latest Threads" sidebar; but :dunno:

MarauderMark
01-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Logan disappeared it in the current upgrade frenzy ... a couple notes have appeared in the shout box ... about the "Latest Threads" sidebar; but :dunno:

Just gonna have to clicky on the new posty linky thingy. :lol:

Bigdogjim
01-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Some count twice :banana:
I resemble that remark:rofl:

Bigdogjim
01-06-2005, 07:04 PM
So Haggis please do an update........................ ...:):):)

Haggis
01-07-2005, 06:35 AM
So Haggis please do an update........................ ...:):):)

Update: Bigdog = 3 not 2 people, well at least 3 of me! J/K

For real; I have not been keeping count, but it is around 20 people.

Haggis
01-07-2005, 07:11 AM
It will be BigDogs birthday on Thursday Jan. 13th.

:party: :cake: :party:

:birthday:

:bagpipe2: :snare:

MyTMerc
01-07-2005, 03:43 PM
It will be BigDogs birthday on Thursday Jan. 13th.

:party: :cake: :party:

:birthday:

:bagpipe2: :snare:We're gonna need a lot more cake.

jgc61sr2002
01-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Jim - A very Happy Birthday. :birthday: :party: :cake: :beer:
Hope to see you on the 23rd of Jan.

Bigdogjim
01-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Jim - A very Happy Birthday. :birthday: :party: :cake: :beer:
Hope to see you on the 23rd of Jan.
Cool John then I get two partys:):):):)

DEFYANT
01-08-2005, 05:05 PM
The weather looks good!! I am going. Does anyone want to meet up and cruz down from Harford County / N.E. Maryland area?

Haggis
01-08-2005, 05:29 PM
The weather looks good!! I am going. Does anyone want to meet up and cruz down from Harford County / N.E. Maryland area?

Check with Bigdog he will coming close to your area. Also check with MarauderMark and Murader03 to see when they are leaving.

Bigdogjim
01-08-2005, 06:08 PM
We will be at Summit airpark at 12:30 PM on 301 just over the big bridge:)

My cell phone...609.672.6809 :banana2: :banana2:

MarauderMark
01-08-2005, 06:26 PM
We will be at Summit airpark at 12:30 PM on 301 just over the big bridge:)

My cell phone...609.672.6809 :banana2: :banana2:

I just got off the phone with Charlie(Defyant).He will meet me at rt 40 and rt 272 tomorrow at 11:45am and we will criuse to the airport together..So just in case were late Please wait we will be there....

DEFYANT
01-08-2005, 06:31 PM
:banana: :beer: My very first Marauder meet:beer: :banana:

jgc61sr2002
01-08-2005, 07:36 PM
You all have a good time. :D Wish I could be there. :(

Haggis
01-08-2005, 08:08 PM
I just got off the phone with Charlie(Defyant).He will meet me at rt 40 and rt 272 tomorrow at 11:45am and we will criuse to the airport together..So just in case were late Please wait we will be there....

Mark is Seneca (04MaraderMD666) coming?

MarauderMark
01-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Mark is Seneca (04MaraderMD666) coming?

No he can't make it as Emma has to go back to collage tomorrow in ny and Sen has to take her there .But he said he will be thinking of us and will be checking out the pics too..Hopefully next time .He's a good friend.. :up:

One of these days . we'll either get there(again) or maybe you can get here... :up:

Haggis
01-08-2005, 08:42 PM

Yea come on down John, it is only about a 5 hour drive and the weather is suppose to be nice around here tomorrow.

Bluerauder
01-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Will be hitting the road in about 40 minutes .... see ya there !!! :beer:

MarauderMark
01-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Will be hitting the road in about 40 minutes .... see ya there !!! :beer:

Yepperz we'll be outty in about 10 mins.going to meet Defyant and the Bigdog!! C-U-All Soon..

Brutus
01-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Made it back in one piece. We had fun guys. See ya all next time.

MarauderMark
01-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey Haggis Click on the Fastest mm link ya know the one in my sig. :banana: :banana: :banana: . :D

MarauderMark
01-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Well another great meet that went down in history..I'm not so good with names but Thank you all for comming it was a blast again..
Here's some pics.....

MarauderMark
01-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Here's some more pics.....

DEFYANT
01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
WHat a great day! Nice to meet you all. Thanks to MarauderMark for showing me the way!!! Already lookin forward to the next meet.

MyTMerc
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Took an alternate route and got home in 2 hours :banana2: :banana2: Great to see everyone again and meet some new folks. 'Til next time....

jgc61sr2002
01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Sounds like you all had a good time. :D Sorry I missed it. :(

merc
01-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Looks like fun gang , see ya next time :beer:

Haggis
01-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Haggis Click on the Fastest mm link ya know the one in my sig. :banana: :banana: :banana: . :D

I...I...I don't..*snif* know what to say. *snif* *snif*

Thank you. :cry:

We made in back about an hour ago, had to run a few last minute errands on the way. It was good seeing everyone again and meeting new people, Defyant, Drives03marauder and Dave (I think his handle is "Toolman"). And let's not forget Drives03's son...er brother (J/K) Andrew. We missed having Mark & Pam, GordonB & Joan, Bob & Dot, Brendan and the little badgers and ESRO3D and his father. Also The_Interceptor was a no show, I hope nothing bad happened or he did not get lost trying to find the place.

Thanks again Shaun for bringing the Get Well Card and thank you to everyone for signing Bigdog's B-day card. Sorry I didn't call in time to get a cake.

Oops....forgot Joe & Marianne. Sorry, you guys were missed as well. :(

Bluerauder
01-09-2005, 07:19 PM
What a great day!
I'll certainly second the above ^^^^^ . As always, we had a great time ... was nice to meet some of the new folks (Defyant, Drives03Maraude, and matcotoolman) and was glad they could make it. Welcome to CAM :welcome:

Got home at 6:15 PM in record time ..... smooth sailing the entire way. :D

Murader03
01-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Sorry that Dot and I missed the party. I tried to post a message early Sunday morning, but my ISP was down and has been more down than up since 1/1/05. Anyway, Dot worked Saturday night and I was called in bright and early Sunday morning. I thought I'd see you BigDog and the crew at the airport, but didn't get back that way in time.

Gordon, got your V/M message when I got up to go to work tonight. Didn't think you'd want a mid-night wake up call.

Anyway, we'll see you all at the next bash. I'll have a new ISP tomorrow which should take care of my down time. They came out an re-pointed my satellite antenna on 12/28, and didn't do the job right. Not enough signal strength, so when it get's cloudy/rainy/foggy, anything that will cause the loss of signal strength now kills my system. That won't happen any more after today.

Drives03Maraude
01-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Wow, what a great group of guys(and gals!) I really had a great time meating you all, hope everyone got home ok. Mark, in feb I will deff hit u up about running at the strip...I need 1/4 mile times! It really was nice to put faces to some names. Welp, it has been a long night and my bed awaits me!.....later you all!

-Dennis (David A.K.A. Andrews dad) Stiles :D
Just messin Haggis ;)

Bigdogjim
01-10-2005, 08:54 PM
It was great way to start the New Year:)

Good to see new faces:up:

Thanks again for the birthday wishes:):):)

MarauderMark
01-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Sure missed ya Bob and Dot .It sure isn't the same w/o you guys .Hope ya'll make the next one :D .Dennis anytime budd Just give me a pm and i'll give ya my phone number.It was fun meeting you and andrew..David soory we didn't say much to each other maybe next time..as every meet i goto they better each time i go . C.A.M. kikz a$$!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: