PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Washington Auto Show

MyTMerc
12-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Any CAM members going to this years Washington DC Auto Show?

I haven't heard it advertised but I was surfing and noticed it was coming up just after Christmas. The dates/times are 26 Dec-1 Jan, 10am-9pm and 31 Dec & 2 Jan 10am-6pm. Schedule permitting, I'm going to try and make it up there on Saturday the 1st.. Along with the new cars there going to be a vintage Mustang Exibit. It will be held at the Washington Convention Center.

$10 for Adults (and ages 13 & up)
$9 for an "e" ticket

The complete gouge is on the website:
http://www.washingtonautoshow.com (http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/)

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

Haggis
12-20-2004, 04:44 AM
Sounds good, will let you know within the next couple of days.

Bluerauder
12-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Any CAM members going to this years Washington DC Auto Show?
I used to go every year with my son; but haven't made it there for the past 2 years. Will check to see if he's interested this year. However, I won't be bringing the MM 'cause it's best for me to come in on the Metro due to parking and other considerations.

merc
12-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Metro sounds like a good idea also. Count me in on the fun. :beer:

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Metro sound like a good idea also. Count me in on the fun. :beer:

No doubt, as parking downtown, especially for a special event, such as the auto show, will be a bytch. I can hop right on the red line. :)

Bluerauder
12-20-2004, 12:24 PM
No doubt, as parking downtown, especially for a special event, such as the auto show, will be a bytch. I can hop right on the red line. :)
So, Interceptor .... you gonna be there or are you just thinking out loud?? :D

Haggis
12-20-2004, 12:32 PM

Yep, the Red Line from Shady Grove. By the way where is the new Convention Center located? Which Metro stop?

Bluerauder
12-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Yep, the Red Line from Shady Grove. By the way where is the new Convention Center located? Which Metro stop?
Blue Line --- I believe it is called Mount Vernon Square/Convention Center. It is only about 2 blocks from the old convention center. Personally, I use the Red Line to Gallery Place/Chinatown. Come out of the hole on the Chinatown side entrance and walk north about 2 blocks (just past Hooter's) to the new center. :D

MyTMerc
12-20-2004, 05:17 PM
I added a link to the DC METRO map on my original post. It is the Mount Vernon Square/Convention Center stop but it looks like it is a stop on the Green and Yellow lines. I'm not an expert, I've only used the METRO once going to the Pentagon so I'd check the link. Also, the car show site has a good link with show info that has all the details.

I'll probably take the Green line from Branch Ave, seems to work best from St Mary's Country. The last time I drove to an event at the convention center, I learned how to track you vehicle down in DC once it's been towed. Hint: You need to know your license plate number or your SOL. Went to 2 different lots that had my type of vehicle towed that day. Bad part was, it was parked legally! The tow truck driver and cop jumped the gun and cleared the street 20 minutes early.

For you billard buffs, Janette Lee, the woman's world champion is scheduled to be there from 2-4pm.

Bluerauder
12-20-2004, 06:15 PM
I added a link to the DC METRO map on my original post. It is the Mount Vernon Square/Convention Center stop but it looks like it is a stop on the Green and Yellow lines.

You're right ... my bad ... Yellow and Greenline to Convention Center. Or walk up from Chinatown on the Red. :D

For you billard buffs, Janette Lee, the woman's world champion is scheduled to be there from 2-4pm.

I just went 0 for 12 against my son back in September and now you want me to get my butt kicked again shooting pool. No Thanks !! :rofl:

MyTMerc
12-20-2004, 08:07 PM
I just went 0 for 12 against my son back in September and now you want me to get my butt kicked again shooting pool. No Thanks !! :rofl:I've retired from playing pool. Not everybody takes a butt kickin' as good natured as you with a :rofl: . I only played for :beer: and fun. Too many :mad2: heads that can't handle friendly competition. It took the fun out of it and beer's cheap.

If you've ever watched billards on ESPN you've probably seen Janette Lee play, she's fun to watch.... and a pretty darn good pool player too.

OK. It's a little off topic, but it is part of the car show:)

Haggis
12-22-2004, 04:42 AM
...I'm going to try and make it up there on Saturday the 1st.. Along with the new cars there going to be a vintage Mustang Exibit. It will be held at the Washington Convention Center.

We will try to be there at 1pm on Saturday. We will meet everyone at the Ford counter. FRS radio channel 5 or PM for cell number.

Bluerauder
12-22-2004, 09:28 AM
We will try to be there at 1pm on Saturday. We will meet everyone at the Ford counter. FRS radio channel 5 or PM for cell number.
1 PM at the Ford Display sounds good. Still have to run this by the S.O.B. cause he's been up in the Poconos all week skiing and won't be back til Thursday night.

Haggis
12-22-2004, 09:36 AM
1 PM at the Ford Display sounds good. Still have to run this by the S.O.B. cause he's been up in the Poconos all week skiing and won't be back til Thursday night.

Charlie if S.O.B doesn't want to go you can always bring Bernie and if she doesn't want to go fly solo.

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-22-2004, 11:26 AM
So, Interceptor .... you gonna be there or are you just thinking out loud?? :D

Not quite sure yet bud. I'm coming home for the CAM meet which is the following week, if I remember correctly. I'm probably not going to want to drive home from NC to Silver Spring, MD two weeks in a row. :(

**sigh** Uncle Sam and the Air Force have got me for another year, then I'm coming back home! Woo hoo! :beer:

Haggis
12-27-2004, 04:47 AM
:bump:.........

Bluerauder
12-27-2004, 05:01 AM
:bump:.........
George and I will be there. We'll be shooting to get there between 11-11:30 AM. Rally at the Ford Display at 1 PM. :D

Anyone else?? :dunno:

Clicky Here for Link to >>> The 2005 Washington Auto Show (http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/)

There will be a very large Vintage Mustang display right next to Ford. :woohoo:

merc
12-27-2004, 06:59 AM
Maybe I missed something, but what date did you pick ?

Haggis
12-27-2004, 07:01 AM
Maybe I missed something, but what date did you pick ?

Saturday the 1st.

MyTMerc
12-27-2004, 02:53 PM
I had to make an unexpected trip to Ft Myers last Wednesday and just got back. Aye mates, 1300 at the Ford area. Should be a good show! I expect to be there around 1100-1130.

Shaun

Drives03Maraude
12-28-2004, 02:25 AM
Yeah, Me and an old buddy a mine should be there at the ford display at 1:00
Both of us ford dudes...I wouldnt bring any bowtie bandits in our mists.
See ya there!
-Dennis Stiles
w00t! My first MM meet w00t!

Stephen Soulsby
12-29-2004, 08:27 PM
This one I will be absent for. I'll be in Virginia Beach for the weekend. However, I'll see everybody on the ninth.

Bluerauder
12-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Any CAM members going to this years Washington DC Auto Show? ... Along with the new cars there going to be a vintage Mustang Exibit. It will be held at the Washington Convention Center.

$10 for Adults (and ages 13 & up)
$9 for an "e" ticket

The complete gouge is on the website:
http://www.washingtonautoshow.com (http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/)

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm
:bump:
Anyone else?? The CAM members are gonna link up at 1 PM, Saturday, 1 January 2005 at the Ford Display. :2thumbs:

merc
12-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Oh well, count me out, work calls... :mad2:

Bluerauder
01-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Oh well, count me out, work calls... :mad2:
Sorry to hear that you and Pam can't make it.

I'll be leaving here in less than an hour. It'll be 3 of us -- SOB is bringing a friend !!! :D See the rest of you there !!!! :banana:

Drives03Maraude
01-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Wow!, After last night.....lets see, it is 9:30, still no sleep!
Hell, I just may not make it. I will be there on the 9th, but today....and 27 ish hours later of total partying...and serious sleep deprevation. Yeah, sorry to tell yah guys, I will be a no-show.
Well, Lemmie close the blinds and mosey the hell on over to my bed!

BTW-For all us no shows...let us know how it goes!
-Dennis Stiles

Bluerauder
01-01-2005, 07:10 PM
BTW-For all us no shows...let us know how it goes! -Dennis Stiles
Dennis --- we looked for you at the Ford display right next to the Ford GT. Sorry you couldn't make it.

Had a great time today and saw lots of very nice cars ... I am still working out the monthly payments to see if I can fit that Mercedes SLR McClaren into the budget ... Only $465,000 before rebates. :rofl:

Below are some pics during and after.

Bluerauder
01-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Below are some pics during and after. Here's the Mercedes SLR McClaren and the new 6.0 Liter GTO engine bay. Plus some other shots at the auto show. :D

Bluerauder
01-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Below are some pics during the Washington Auto Show :D
Having a little fun with a "Johnny Five" robot and my new 9 foot good buddy. :D He says he is looking for a 9X Marauder Jacket --- sorry BDJ. :rolleyes: The red car is a Bentley Continental GT (I think) :dunno:

MyTMerc
01-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Great to see you guys at the candy store. It was a great to spend a few hours of my Saturday in autofantasy land. Also, the first Marauder meet of 2005. Happy New Year!

:party: