PDA

View Full Version : ...and the winner is!!!!

Logan
12-19-2004, 07:10 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

MARY!!! MM03MOK

is the winner of her

choice of Supercharger Kit!!

We made the drawing today at 12 noon in front of a bunch of DFW mm.net members and had one of the member who didn't buy a ticket make the drawing itself.

Mary bought her ONE ticket, #104, back on November 26th, and low and behold there it is, the winning ticket!!!

I did indeed video the event and you can see it in all it's amateur glory by clicking HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/storage/thewinner.wmv)!!!

Again, Congratulations to Mary and I'm sure she'll keep us up to date on her supercharging adventure. I have to say, I'm jealous. I had to pay good moola for my supercharger, but worth every penny!

The proceeds of the raffle have brought the books back into the black, we'll be upgrading the server hardware early in the new year and have about 6-8 months of cash in the bank to pay for our bandwidth.

A very special thank-you to all of you who've supported the site through this raffle, I'll be updating all of the accounts this week to Contributing Members, or extending the expiry date if you already are one. I'm also going to be increasing the available storage space for contributing members and a couple other additional privileges...

jgc61sr2002
12-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Logan - Nice Job. :2thumbs: How about another raffle as a means to support this great site? Just a thought. :D

hdwrench
12-19-2004, 07:35 PM
congrats mary! i was lucky enough to be able to attend the drawing and meet some of the local members... it was a good time. I'm glad the winner was someone that has put a lot of effort into making this site what it is today and not just someone that signed up for the sole purpose of getting in on the raffle.

green with envy :D

HwyCruiser
12-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Logan - Nice Job. :2thumbs: How about another raffle as a means to support this great site? Just a thought. :D

Yeah, you know that (um, let's see) Valentines Day is just around the corner!

I'd by a ticket for my sweetie. :lovies2:

Congrats again Mary -> :party:

Spot on hdwrench!

Logan
12-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Karma is a good thing I guess eh? I was genuinely suprised to see who I drew... But that's great, I couldn't be happier! It's a great feeling to just "virtually" hand over a S/C Kit.

Maybe we'll do another one in the spring or something and drop the number of tickets down to 90 or 100 to increase the odds.

cruzer
12-19-2004, 11:07 PM
I just posted my pics of the happenings in the Gallery--Not in sequence filed--you can figure it out--enjoy, Maury

JamesHecker
12-19-2004, 11:58 PM
That is so cool!

Congrats Mary!

MarauderMark
12-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Glad i could help out this site...My second home.. :)

Dave Compson
12-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Congrads Mary. Let us know how you like the new charger.

Macon Marauder
12-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Way to go Mary!

Haggis
12-20-2004, 01:03 PM
I am very glad I did not win. If I had won I was going to give it to one of my MM.net friends as a Christmas present. The only problem I had was which one to give it to? So thank you Logan for not picking me so I would not have to make that terrible decision on which one of my friends to give the S/C to.

Glad to make a contribution to the site.

gonzo50
12-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Way to go Mary!
It's very well deserving, congratulations Mary. :woohoo:

Cobra25
12-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Congrats Mary on Winning the contest ! Enjoy the S/C !

deerejoe
12-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Congratulations, Mary!!

What a nice Christmas present.
What a nice way to begin the New Year.

What might we expect for an encore??

Daily 03
12-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Congratulations Mary.

GarageMahal
12-21-2004, 09:59 AM
I am very glad I did not win. ....
Glad to make a contribution to the site.

Me too :) Now that the 4:10s are in I really don't need any more power. My car is now scarey quick and busts the tires loose almost anytime I go WOT. I punched it the other day at 25mph and left 20 feet of rubber :surprise:

I am glad Mary won. I don't think a better person could have been picked.

jta

RVT04
12-21-2004, 10:23 AM
CONGRATULATIONS

MARY!!! MM03MOK

is the winner of her

choice of Supercharger Kit!!

We made the drawing today at 12 noon in front of a bunch of DFW mm.net members and had one of the member who didn't buy a ticket make the drawing itself.

Mary bought her ONE ticket, #104, back on November 26th, and low and behold there it is, the winning ticket!!!

I did indeed video the event and you can see it in all it's amateur glory by clicking HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/storage/thewinner.wmv)!!!

Again, Congratulations to Mary and I'm sure she'll keep us up to date on her supercharging adventure. I have to say, I'm jealous. I had to pay good moola for my supercharger, but worth every penny!

The proceeds of the raffle have brought the books back into the black, we'll be upgrading the server hardware early in the new year and have about 6-8 months of cash in the bank to pay for our bandwidth.

A very special thank-you to all of you who've supported the site through this raffle, I'll be updating all of the accounts this week to Contributing Members, or extending the expiry date if you already are one. I'm also going to be increasing the available storage space for contributing members and a couple other additional privileges...
THE DRAWING REALLY WANTED TO SEE YOU MAN,
BUT WAS ALSO THINKING THAT NOW BUNNY NEEDS A BULLET PROOF TRANNY TO GO WITH THE HAIRDRYER,NEW RAFFLE IDEA EH?
SR
OH YEAH, WAY TO GO MARY
I BE GREEN

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-21-2004, 10:35 AM
I punched it the other day at 25mph and left 20 feet of rubber Was there snow, oil or water on the ground ? If not I believe this is :bs:

the_pack_rat
12-21-2004, 10:38 AM
CONGRATS Mary !.

:banana2:

So what are your plans ?.

Going to go ahead with one of them ?.

If it had been me ...

I think I would have offered it to the members here for $500 less than the going rate & see if anyone would bite(IMHO that would be a fair deal to someone - $500 is $500). If so, I would have budgeted @ $1500-$2000 for gears - driveshaft - trans beefing ? - other small odds/ends not necessarily performance oriented ... & pocketed the rest of the money(would come in handy about now).

Eric

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-21-2004, 10:40 AM
NOW BUNNY NEEDS A BULLET PROOF TRANNY TO GO WITH THE HAIRDRYER,NEW RAFFLE IDEA EH?
Not necessary with the Trilogy kit, although it may be a good peace of mind mod! The raffle idea is good though! :bandit:

Tallboy
12-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Me too :) Now that the 4:10s are in I really don't need any more power. My car is now scarey quick and busts the tires loose almost anytime I go WOT. I punched it the other day at 25mph and left 20 feet of rubber

jta:bs: :bs: :bs:

GarageMahal
12-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Was there snow, oil or water on the ground ? If not I believe this is :bs:

No snow, water, etc. Clean, dry, *COLD* pavement. It was about 15 degrees out and we all know how good the stock tires are when its that cold right ;)

Truely though, I am very satisfied with car after the gears and tune and believe adding more power will require a major tire upgrade (for me).

One more cheer for Mary :)

jta

SILVERMARAUDER
12-23-2004, 01:23 PM
No snow, water, etc. Clean, dry, *COLD* pavement. It was about 15 degrees out and we all know how good the stock tires are when its that cold right ;)

Truely though, I am very satisfied with car after the gears and tune and believe adding more power will require a major tire upgrade (for me).

One more cheer for Mary :)

jta
congrats mary :coolman: and if you do not want to install that new s/c let me know i am a buyer on it ant a deal once more congrats and if you install it you will love it!

Dan
12-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Where is Mary? I haven't seen her comment on this yet? I hope I didn't miss it.

Dan

MM03MOK
12-25-2004, 04:02 PM
:santaw: kept the Secret from the Blackbird until today!!

I still can't believe it! :awe: :hug2: :burn: :run: :cloud9: :cheer:

We've selected the Trilogy kit and will have it installed after the warranty runs out. (Wonder how quickly I can burn through 3,100 miles!!)

Special Thanks to Trilogy Motorsports and Reinhart Automotive for their participation in this Raffle!!! Many thanks to the 124 ticket holders that made this fundraising event for MM.Net a huge success and a benefit for us all.

:beer: Here's hoping for more Raffles and more lucky winners!! :lovies2:

BillyGman
12-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Me too :) Now that the 4:10s are in I really don't need any more power. My car is now scarey quick and busts the tires loose almost anytime I go WOT. I punched it the other day at 25mph and left 20 feet of rubberjta
That's because it's cold out now, and the rubber on all tires looses it's pliability in the cold temperatures (with the exception of a number of snow tires). And so your tires won't supply the car with good traction until April or May of next year, when you'll find that you won't be able to break them loose anymore like you can now. In these cold temperatures, a supercharged Marauder can smoke em up from a 30 MPH punch. And I mean SMOKE em up!!!. But put the drag radials on in the summer time, and you'll be lucky if your car will even leave 5 feet of rubber even from a dead punch.

BillyGman
12-25-2004, 06:22 PM
ooooops, sorry GM, I didn't see your last post before I made my previous post^

Dan
12-26-2004, 07:57 AM
:santaw: kept the Secret from the Blackbird until today!!

LOL. I can just see Mary geting up on Xmas morning and putting on her slipeers and robe and walking outside or to her garage and actually standing in front of her car to tell it that it was getting an upgrade for Xmas.

That sounds perfectly normal for almost any Marauder owner, am I right?

Dan

Patrick
12-26-2004, 08:39 AM
LOL. I can just see Mary geting up on Xmas morning and putting on her slipeers and robe and walking outside or to her garage and actually standing in front of her car to tell it that it was getting an upgrade for Xmas.

Dan

I belive she did!!!
:lol: :lol:

GarageMahal
12-26-2004, 08:40 AM

Dan

Yep, that's what I would have done... but I would have had to run out right away after finding out. :lol:

jta

gonzo50
01-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Is the update of all accounts complete yet, with the Contributing Members status ?
Just wondering because my status hasn't changed yet. :confused: Thanks

Marauderman
01-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Karma is a good thing I guess eh? I was genuinely suprised to see who I drew... But that's great, I couldn't be happier! It's a great feeling to just "virtually" hand over a S/C Kit.

Maybe we'll do another one in the spring or something and drop the number of tickets down to 90 or 100 to increase the odds.
....I like the way this man thinks..........( cought- so it's not forgotten---cough)--sorry about that----