PDA

View Full Version : How many of you would be interested in buying parts from a Canadian dealer?

fast Ed
12-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey guys

I've been messaging back and forth with Logan about this. I look after the parts dept. at a Ford - Lincoln dealer in the Toronto area. We already look after a few of the Mustang clubs, and the Super Coupe club, with a parts discount program.

Would you guys be interested in seeing something like this? It would be strictly for Canadian Marauder owners, we are not allowed to export parts out of the country per our dealer agreement with Ford Canada. I'm sure that Ray does a great job looking after all the people on this site who buy from him, but if you're like myself, you would prefer to make a purchase on this side of the border if possible. I'm trying to gauge whether or not it would be a worthwhile expenditure, to have a banner ad showing on this site for the dealership.

Please reply here, or send me a p.m.

cheers,
Ed N.

TripleTransAm
12-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Of course I'd be interested. I have a great relationship with my dealer at the moment, but if the discount is right, I'd be there in a heartbeat. There's always the shipping to consider as well, of course, so I don't know how things would add up in the end. But I'm definitely interested in hearing more...

MarauderMark
12-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Why not Canadian Marauders need love too.. :hug2: :D

CRUZTAKER
12-21-2004, 08:23 PM
If they have 'UNDER CARRIAGE' valet lighting kit, I know several folks that will LOVE the idea.:rolleyes:

jgc61sr2002
12-21-2004, 08:38 PM
:up: Barry - Good looking out. :D

QWK SVT
12-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Would you guys be interested in seeing something like this? It would be strictly for Canadian Marauder owners, we are not allowed to export parts out of the country per our dealer agreement with Ford Canada. I'm sure that Ray does a great job looking after all the people on this site who buy from him, but if you're like myself, you would prefer to make a purchase on this side of the border if possible. I'm trying to gauge whether or not it would be a worthwhile expenditure, to have a banner ad showing on this site for the dealership.

Ed, obviously, being local I'd definitely be interested ;) Would you extend to any parts purchases, or just Marauder parts (thinking about some nice FRPP wheels for the truck's Christmas present)...

Out of curiousity, which dealership are you at?

CBT
12-22-2004, 12:12 AM
....parts of what....:D

TripleTransAm
12-22-2004, 07:13 AM
....parts of what....:D

Parts that have fallen off my Marauder. It's relatively low mileage, so there is a joint Ontario-Quebec parts recuperation programme where the snow plows pick up the parts that have fallen off my car or failed prematurely, and will push them to the border and pitch them onto the other side. The idea is that Ontario snowplows will then end up pushing them down the 401 to the nearest Ford headquarters and leave them on their doorstep.

It's a heartwarming project, helping homesick wayward parts find their way back home.

TheDealer
12-22-2004, 07:59 AM
I think this is a GREAT idea. I take car of the US and ED takes care of Canada... :banana2:

CRUZTAKER
12-22-2004, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=TripleTransAm]Parts that have fallen off my Marauder.[QUOTE]

:lol:

Once they have been sorted out from my beater-vic parts....anyone seen my right side cat covers lately.....:rolleyes:

fast Ed
12-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the responses, guys.

At this point, I don't think it would be correct for me to mention the dealership name. I'll just say that it is in the northwest end of the Greater Toronto Area. Discounts would typically be 15 - 20%, and 30% or more on some of the Motorcraft stuff that has a higher margin. We are not a stocking dealer unfortunately for FRPP products, so we could only pass along a small discount on those pieces usually ... that varies on the particular item.

I've already checked for the valet lighting, none of those left up here either. ;)

Just a bit more background on myself and the dealership ... it's been in business under the current owner for almost 20 years. The owner is an enthusiast himself, owning two very nice classic Mustangs, and he also has a 66 F-100 being restored, a truck he's owned for many years. I've been a Ford parts guy for about 16 years, 10 at this dealership come January. Not as long as Ray, but I'm guessing he has a few years on me in other ways too. :) As shown in my sig., I'm a lover of various Fords, with a 95 T-Bird Super Coupe 5-speed, a 68 Cougar with an EFI system added, and my latest acquisition, an 87 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, all on the go right now. We already do a fair amount of business with the Super Coupe and late-model Mustang guys, including sending parts out (we have a pretty great deal with DHL/Loomis for shipping), so I think we could help you guys as well.

I will speak to the owner at the start of the new year, when I'm back at the dealership ... he generally is very supportive of any efforts like this to bring more business in to the dealership.

cheers,
Ed N.

Digital Man
12-22-2004, 11:48 AM

At this point, I don't think it would be correct for me to mention the dealership name. I'll just say that it is in the northwest end of the Greater Toronto Area. Discounts would typically be 15 - 20%, and 30% or more on some of the Motorcraft stuff that has a higher margin. We are not a stocking dealer unfortunately for FRPP products, so we could only pass along a small discount on those pieces usually ... that varies on the particular item.

I've already checked for the valet lighting, none of those left up here either. ;)

Just a bit more background on myself and the dealership ... it's been in business under the current owner for almost 20 years. The owner is an enthusiast himself, owning two very nice classic Mustangs, and he also has a 66 F-100 being restored, a truck he's owned for many years. I've been a Ford parts guy for about 16 years, 10 at this dealership come January. Not as long as Ray, but I'm guessing he has a few years on me in other ways too. :) As shown in my sig., I'm a lover of various Fords, with a 95 T-Bird Super Coupe 5-speed, a 68 Cougar with an EFI system added, and my latest acquisition, an 87 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, all on the go right now. We already do a fair amount of business with the Super Coupe and late-model Mustang guys, including sending parts out (we have a pretty great deal with DHL/Loomis for shipping), so I think we could help you guys as well.

I will speak to the owner at the start of the new year, when I'm back at the dealership ... he generally is very supportive of any efforts like this to bring more business in to the dealership.

cheers,
Ed N.
Ed I would be very interested. In fact, if you could also pass along some information on the Super Coupe discount it would be appreciated. (I've got a '90 SC)

Thank.

TechHeavy
12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
If they have 'UNDER CARRIAGE' valet lighting kit, I know several folks that will LOVE the idea.:rolleyes:
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Oh... D'oh! Can't export out of Canada... Uh, do you have this part, (I'm sure I could figure something out to get it here)?
Ford Accessories Part #
XW7Z-13707-AA
VALEX/SECURITY LIGHTING

Here's the thread that describes the kit, (with pics): http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14198

Make sure you PM me if you have one/some... there's gonna be a mad rush for these.... :)

Update:
Uh, I got ahead of myself with excitement... read your post that you don't have.... :(

CBT
12-22-2004, 07:11 PM
LOL! Man, I knew these cars were fast but not fast enough to have parts flying off...

QWK SVT
12-23-2004, 07:03 AM

That's cool - I kinda thought you may want to hold back, until the go/no go decision has been made. I still think it would be a good idea, as there are quite a few guys from north of the border...

QWK SVT
01-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey guys

I've been messaging back and forth with Logan about this. I look after the parts dept. at a Ford - Lincoln dealer in the Toronto area. We already look after a few of the Mustang clubs, and the Super Coupe club, with a parts discount program.

Ed, just wondering what ever came of this...

fast Ed
01-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Guys, I haven't done anything on this as of yet. I was off work the week of Xmas, and most of the week between Xmas and New Years as well. So since I've been back, it's mostly been catching up with some orders, and getting the Dec. month-end, and 2004 year-end stuff squared away for the accounting dept.

I will speak to the owner about this next week, and hopefully get a positive response.

cheers,
Ed N.

MyTMerc
01-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I think this is a GREAT idea. I take car of the US and ED takes care of Canada... :banana2:Ray,
I recieved my trunk organizer yesterday. Thanks for the great service. Only took a couple of days from my request to delivery at my door.
:bows:
Shaun

Canadasvt
01-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Guys, I haven't done anything on this as of yet. I was off work the week of Xmas, and most of the week between Xmas and New Years as well. So since I've been back, it's mostly been catching up with some orders, and getting the Dec. month-end, and 2004 year-end stuff squared away for the accounting dept.

I will speak to the owner about this next week, and hopefully get a positive response.

cheers,
Ed N.

Any news on this?

TripleTransAm
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Was wondering the same thing too on the way home today.

GodOSpeed
01-25-2005, 05:57 PM
I live 10 miles away from the Canadian border and I didn't know the plows even ran up there! Your highways are what we snowmobilers call hardpack. lol! JK!

TripleTransAm
01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
I live 10 miles away from the Canadian border and I didn't know the plows even ran up there! Your highways are what we snowmobilers call hardpack. lol! JK!

With the recent Mad Cow scare, we've had to pull a lot of our ox-driven snow plows off the roads. That might account for some of it. Also, the abundant snowfall in recent days has covered up most of the entrances to our igloos, so many of us have been stuck indoors for the past 3-4 weeks and have had nothing but our broadband smoke signal internet access to live by (downloading BillyG's burnout video was a b*tch, I'll tell ya).

You might have heard that Nova Scotia got close to 3 feet of snow last weekend, which is going to put a lot of strain on our only electric power station (it's on the island of Nova Scotia, right by the Newfoundland peninsula). You can bet we'll be letting even more snow accumulate on our highways, in case that power station blows... if it does, it'll be darkness from New Brunswick all the way to the ocean shores of Saskatchewan.

Canadasvt
01-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Snowmobilers in the USA? I thought you need snow for that!:puke:

GodOSpeed
01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Good ones guys! What a way to treat your neighbor. A!!! LOL! :beer:

fast Ed
01-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey guys

Sorry for the delay. I was thinking about this issue this week again, and just finished finalizing it with Logan.

I will post the details about the dealership tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your patience!! :)

cheers,
Ed N.

fast Ed
01-26-2005, 08:07 AM
OK guys, here is the dealership information and contact info.

Fines Ford Lincoln Sales
12435 Highway 50 South
Bolton, Ontario
L7E 5T5

(This is in the NW corner of the Greater Toronto Area, close to Brampton)

905-857-1252
www.finesford.ca (http://www.finesford.ca/)
parts@finesford.dealeremail.co m
Emails sent to that address go directly to my workstation.

You can also send me a p.m. of course, but I may only get to this site once or twice a day.

My name is Ed Nicholson. If I'm not here, you can speak to the other guy in the Parts dept., Rob Tippett. We will offer "trade" price, which is usually 15 - 20% off the published retail price. We should be able to supply most if not all of the OE Ford and Ford Accessory items that Ray does in the U.S. I do have several pairs of the GT "Powered by Ford" coil covers in stock, that we ordered before Ford Canada raised the price. $149.00 + taxes for the pair while quantities last. Please contact us for specific requests. Through Ford Canada we do have access to several different brands of tires as well.

At this time, the only aftermarket items we would offer are ones that are available through Keystone Automotive.

Looking forward to doing business with you guys. As I had mentioned earlier, we do have a pretty good deal set up with DHL / Loomis for shipping, so even if you're not in the area of the dealership, give us chance to quote a price for you anyway. :)

thanks,
Ed N.

QWK SVT
01-26-2005, 07:51 PM
OK guys, here is the dealership information and contact info.

Fines Ford Lincoln Sales
12435 Highway 50 South
Bolton, Ontario
L7E 5T5

(This is in the NW corner of the Greater Toronto Area, close to Brampton)

905-857-1252
www.finesford.ca (http://www.finesford.ca/)
parts@finesford.dealeremail.co m
Emails sent to that address go directly to my workstation.

You can also send me a p.m. of course, but I may only get to this site once or twice a day.

My name is Ed Nicholson. If I'm not here, you can speak to the other guy in the Parts dept., Rob Tippett. We will offer "trade" price, which is usually 15 - 20% off the published retail price. We should be able to supply most if not all of the OE Ford and Ford Accessory items that Ray does in the U.S. I do have several pairs of the GT "Powered by Ford" coil covers in stock, that we ordered before Ford Canada raised the price. $149.00 + taxes for the pair while quantities last. Please contact us for specific requests. Through Ford Canada we do have access to several different brands of tires as well.

At this time, the only aftermarket items we would offer are ones that are available through Keystone Automotive.

Looking forward to doing business with you guys. As I had mentioned earlier, we do have a pretty good deal set up with DHL / Loomis for shipping, so even if you're not in the area of the dealership, give us chance to quote a price for you anyway. :)

thanks,
Ed N.
:woohoo:
Ed, REALLY good news!!! I'll have a laundry list of items, once spring rolls around.:2thumbs:

Does this offer extend past just Marauder parts?

fast Ed
01-27-2005, 08:47 AM
:woohoo:
Ed, REALLY good news!!! I'll have a laundry list of items, once spring rolls around.:2thumbs:

Does this offer extend past just Marauder parts?
Any Ford OE parts and accessories, we will discount for you.

Just FYI, we did about $60,000 worth of business with members from the Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club, and the Super Coupe Club of Ontario, in 2004 calendar year. :)

cheers,
Ed N.

QWK SVT
01-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Any Ford OE parts and accessories, we will discount for you.

Just FYI, we did about $60,000 worth of business with members from the Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club, and the Super Coupe Club of Ontario, in 2004 calendar year. :)

cheers,
Ed N.
:banana2: :banana2: Great news! I'll be shopping with you, come springtime!

WPG_Merc
03-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi ,
Yes I would be interested in buying parts from a Canadian dealer.

I am trying to find a trunk organizer tub part ,I already have the carpeted lids & deviders assembly.What would the cost be

:)
Gord
Winnipeg,MB

grampaws
03-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Good to hear from you again ED..
I have purchased items from ED in
the past and recommend him as a
good source for OEM parts in the
GTA. Good luck in your Venture!

Doh! jumped the gun!

arejayesss
03-16-2008, 04:39 PM
VERY old thread alert!!

CRUZTAKER
03-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah!

Great source for Canadians...I wondered if he was still around...

And Ray (TheDealer) in Philly gives us WHOLESALE prices on ANY Ford part to U.S. members here without Canadian shipping prices.

Oh Yeah...Hi Ed! :P

grampaws
03-17-2008, 06:13 AM
I hadn't seen him post here for a long time
But he was still at Fines.It would be best
Phone and ask..shipping is pricey in
canada..If not I deal with Oakland and
Summit ford on a regular basis and
could see if they will arrange a discount
program..

MADRODER
03-17-2008, 02:30 PM
I hadn't seen him post here for a long time
But he was still at Fines.It would be best
Phone and ask..shipping is pricey in
canada..If not I deal with Oakland and
Summit ford on a regular basis and
could see if they will arrange a discount
program..

That would be great since I'm sending a pm to Ray right now regarding pricing on some parts for a spring tune up. Keep us informed if you don't mind...:D

THX

grampaws
03-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I will check into it!

Rockettman
03-19-2008, 09:45 AM
I would be a customer for sure!!!!!!

grampaws
03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Oakland-I have to wait two weeks until Parts manager
returns from surgery..
Summit-Haven't talked to them yet!

P.S. Ed still works for Fines FLM
Call him tomorrow 905-857-1252.
If you need info ASAP.
I will still try to arrange something with
the other dealers in Oakville and Etobicoke.
But this will take some time!
Dixie ford may have some discounts
if anyone is a member of SVTOA

Canadasvt
03-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Dixie ford may have some discounts
if anyone is a member of SVTOA

I am a member of SVTOA-Toronto. Dixie Ford in Mississauga is our dealer sponsor and offers members 10% off parts and service.
As I am an employee of Ford of Canada I receive 15% off all parts, so I tried for 25% off but for some reason it didn't fly with Dixie. :bigcry:

Egon Spengler
03-26-2008, 07:44 AM
http://www.pipcom.com/%7Epepe/hosers.jpg

TheDriver959
03-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Hey all! I'm new here, but I've been a member of OQCVO for roughly a year and I'm curious about something. I have a part number that I believe is for the Mercury Marauder gauge cluster (pulled it from an Ebay pic; 4W33-10849-EA). However, I previously went to my local dealership and asked about the Marauder cluster. They told me that they can only sell me the cluster in PARTS! $450 for the speedo alone! And I can't even get the gauge face separate! Thought I'd enlist a little help from you guys in the Marauder universe and find out the real story here. I'm also interested in a parts discount, so I'm here to give my support.