PDA

View Full Version : HP gains with exhaust

03marauder
12-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I may have missed this with all the reading I've done, but what kind of HP gains could I expect with installing the Reinhart exhaust: the manifolds, x-pipe and high flow cats? I'm not going to do the mufflers yet, can't decide what I want either something from SLP or magnaflow. I had flowmasters on my last car, a 99 crown vic, and I want to try something different. All I have done so far is install a PHP high flow air box. I've only had the car a month or so, and this is the beginning of the mods to come. I know its hard to say what kind of gains to expect, just looking for approximate I guess.

Bradley G
12-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Welcome 03 marauder,

Should net you about 20 horsies:)

maraudernkc
12-22-2004, 10:13 PM
I think the DR exhaust is only good for about 7RWHP on a stock motor. If the car has a blower it's up around 27RWHP. The first mod I would get would be the programmer and than the 4:10 gears make a big diffrence. Those two mods made a huge diffrence over stock or just throw a blower on her and get an easy extra 150 ponies.

Have fun!

I may have missed this with all the reading I've done, but what kind of HP gains could I expect with installing the Reinhart exhaust: the manifolds, x-pipe and high flow cats? I'm not going to do the mufflers yet, can't decide what I want either something from SLP or magnaflow. I had flowmasters on my last car, a 99 crown vic, and I want to try something different. All I have done so far is install a PHP high flow air box. I've only had the car a month or so, and this is the beginning of the mods to come. I know its hard to say what kind of gains to expect, just looking for approximate I guess.

DEFYANT
12-22-2004, 10:23 PM
What is the rough estimate gains with the Kooks long tubes, cat x-pipe w/ FMS dual mode mufflers?

maraudernkc
12-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I beleive it's worth about 3 more over the DR system. I am getting ready to install the DR system. I heard the Kooks are a ***** to install and I just remember all my old hot rods with header leaks. I am sure the header technology is much better today than it was when I had headers.

What is the rough estimate gains with the Kooks long tubes, cat x-pipe w/ FMS dual mode mufflers?

maraudernkc
12-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Below is a RWHP and RWTW numbers on the DR exaust on a MM with a blower on it.I copied and pasted this from another thread.

Dennis...Thank you. You have another MM winner here in this mod. 28 HP/15 FtLb TQ, @ the rear wheels is magic, what do I owe you besides my life?

Big Joe P
12-22-2004, 11:53 PM
I went from 417 to 439 with the Kook's and of course a re-tune by Lidio. Well worth it.

Cobra25
12-23-2004, 06:21 AM
I would just do a search on that, their seams to be alot of different #'s on that issue. Their are some dino results on that issue , you should match the dino #'s too the mods in that car to find out what you might get.

SergntMac
12-23-2004, 07:06 AM
I have the first Cobra exhaust kit from Dennis, installed and dynoed in late '03. I gained 30 RWHP and 30 RWTQ, but you will not see likewise gains from a bone stock MM. Maybe closer to 10-15 RWHP/TQ when no other mods are present.

What is the rough estimate gains with the Kooks long tubes, cat x-pipe w/ FMS dual mode mufflers?Haven't heard of this combo yet, give it time.

snowbird
12-23-2004, 07:07 AM
I heard the Kooks are a ***** to install and I just remember all my old hot rods with header leaks. I am sure the header technology is much better today than it was when I had headers.I Disagree with this about the Kooks. Check the kooks specific treads. The Kooks take 6 hours with the Xpipe and mufflers. Not that much a difference with the Reinhart.

Smokie
12-23-2004, 07:32 AM
I gained 17hp/17tq from complete exhaust (SVO shorties to 18" magnaflows) however I added that same day Steeda u/d's so the gain listed above includes the undies. My car was stock prior to exhaust, except for Reinhart PCM flash, stat and cold plugs.The PHP air box installed after the exhaust added 6hp/8tq at peak, far more below peak (16hp/18tq at 3500 rpm's) Hope this helps.:)

SergntMac
12-23-2004, 07:37 AM
The Kooks take 6 hours with the Xpipe and mufflers. Not that much a difference with the Reinhart.Naw...Just 4 hours.

maraudernkc
01-02-2005, 06:26 PM
the DR system took 2 1/2 hours one person.

I Disagree with this about the Kooks. Check the kooks specific treads. The Kooks take 6 hours with the Xpipe and mufflers. Not that much a difference with the Reinhart.

CRUZTAKER
01-02-2005, 07:49 PM
I know the thread was specifically regarding the DR kit, but a couple folks threw in the KOOKs replies anyway. Now I must add my 2c as well since some of the info clashes with reality.

The KOOKs set is an extremely custom designed LONG TUBE HEADER and complete exhaust upgrade KIT. The install will take a professional a minimum of 4 hours for the entire job. The kit is completely custom and bolts up like a lego set with out any trickery. Every tech that we have heard from, including mine, was more than impressed with the kit design, boltup, and instructions. This kit is NOT a pain in the ass to install, and should by no means be compared to a set of replacement MANIFOLDS in regards to installation time, design, cost, nor dyno gains.

My numbers are rough, and I failed to accurately document my gains, but after an initial dyno in the fall of 2003 I ran a 268 rwhp. In April 2004 after having U/D pullies and the KOOKs long tube headers, xpipe, cats, and mufflers, I dynoed at 302 rwhp.

DEFYANT
01-02-2005, 08:34 PM
I know the thread was specifically regarding the DR kit, but a couple folks threw in the KOOKs replies anyway. Now I must add my 2c as well since some of the info clashes with reality.

The KOOKs set is an extremely custom designed LONG TUBE HEADER and complete exhaust upgrade KIT. The install will take a professional a minimum of 4 hours for the entire job. The kit is completely custom and bolts up like a lego set with out any trickery. Every tech that we have heard from, including mine, was more than impressed with the kit design, boltup, and instructions. This kit is NOT a pain in the ass to install, and should by no means be compared to a set of replacement MANIFOLDS in regards to installation time, design, cost, nor dyno gains.

My numbers are rough, and I failed to accurately document my gains, but after an initial dyno in the fall of 2003 I ran a 268 rwhp. In April 2004 after having U/D pullies and the KOOKs long tube headers, xpipe, cats, and mufflers, I dynoed at 302 rwhp.
As the guy who posted the first comment or question on the Kooks system, I did not think this thread was specific to any vendor or kind of system. The thread title is "HP gains with exhaust" I saw it as a general thread considering that it is posted in the MM Community - Garage and not in any vendors area.

Just my .02